Built as HELIX for Shell Tankers [UK]. 1938 transferred to Nederlands Indische Tank Stoomboot Mij. and renamed ARMILLA 1938. Under control of Anglo Saxon Petroleum Company for most of WW2.
24 April 1945 arrived River Blackwater to be laid up. Returned to Netherlands Government by Ministry of War Transport September 1945. 2 August 1946 left Blackwater for Sunderland for repairs.
Sunderland Daily Echo reported 30 Dec 1946 that two thirds of the ARMILLA was to be scrapped and a new Thompson-built section fitted to her stern. There are photographs of the joining of the two sections on www.tynebuiltships.co.uk/H-Ships/helix1931.html
Broken up Hong Kong 18 Sep 1957.
- 30 June 1945 9 5/7 weeks compensation. W. Fieldgate & Son.
- 2 August 1946 Compensation 6 days.