Launched as NATALIANA and completed as LONDON COMMERCE for Furness, Withy. 1928 transferred to Prince Line and renamed ROYAL PRINCE. She was laid up in the River Blackwater at Tollesbury in 1931 and remained there until May 1935 when she was sold with her sisters to T & J Harrison who renamed her COLLEGIAN.
Broken up Milford Haven 1947. [ from www.red-duster.co.uk/PRINCE13.htm ]
Dates from Oyster Company ledger.
2 June 1935 Unmoor owner/agent T. & J. Harrison.
Liverpool Journal of Commerce:
13 March 1931 arrived Tollesbury from London [13 March 1931]
4 Jun 1935 passed Lizard for Tollesbury [5 Jun 1935]
13 Jun 1935 COLLEGIAN (formerly ROYAL PRINCE) undergoing survey repairs at Cammell Laird.
"Haven of Rest" by Douglas Gurton lists the vessel as LONDON COMMERCE and IMPERIAL PRINCE but has no further info. See DJG_SHP
Above: ROYAL PRINCE, believed to be in the Blackwater Source: Mersea Museum