1. Earthquake 1884. Went's Mill, Peldon.
From left, Peldon Steam Mill, Windmill and Peldon Mill House damaged by the "Colchester Earthquake" of 22 April 1884 ...
Date: cMay 1884
Image ID ALS_C20_063
2. The Zeppelin at Little Wigborough - some of the Special Constables involved in arresting the German crew.
From left, Olive Dansie (daughter of Edgar Dansie ...
Date: cOctober 1916
Image ID ALS_ZEP_001
3. Private Alfred George Baldwin
9th Battalion Duke of Wellingtons (West Riding Regiment)
Killed in action in France 24th March 1918 aged ...
Date: 24 March 1918
Image ID ARB_AGB_001
4. Private Arthur George Whiting No. 260181.
1st & 8th Battalion Worcestershire Regiment.
Killed in action in Belgium 27 August 1917 aged 19 ...
Date: 27 August 1917
Image ID ARB_AGW_001
5. Gwendoline and Edward Harding outside their home - Strood Close, The Strood, Peldon. They named the house Strood Close. They had bought the house from ...
Image ID AW02_003
6. Aleksander Kronda at Peldon Hostel.
Date: 30 August 1948
Image ID CKR_001_001
7. Peldon Hostel - Aleksander Kronda on the right.
Image ID CKR_001_003
8. Peldon Polish Hostel - Aleksander Kronda on the right.
Image ID CKR_001_005
9. Peldon Polish Hostel - Aleksander Kronda on right
Image ID CKR_001_007
10. Peldon Polish Hostel - Aleksander Kronda on right.
Image ID CKR_001_009
11. Aleksander Kronda - outside Peldon Hostel ? the house does not exist in this form - perhaps Ransomes Cottage now.
Date: 30 August 1948
Image ID CKR_002_001
12. Near Peldon Hostel - thought to be Wigborough Road, Peldon, opposite the Hostel, but the house has been replaced or much altered.
Image ID CKR_002_003
13. Aleksander Kronda back left - outside Peldon Hostel ?
Image ID CKR_002_005
14. Polish group outside The Whalebone. Aleksander Kronda is just left of centre, with white cap.
Where is this Whalebone ?
Ilford Polish Camp (Ilford ...
Image ID CKR_003_003
15. Aleksander Kronda on the left - photograph marked Ilford.
Aleksander was probably at Ilford Park Polish Camp, Newton Abbot.
Image ID CKR_003_009
16. Band outside Peldon Hostel. Aleksander Kronda front right with playing guitar.
Image ID CKR_004_007
17. Aleksander Kronda. Wrentham, Lowestoft. Aleksander is on the left.
On the back it says "In Memory of Labour Camp" and "Seaside Southwold".
Image ID CKR_005_001
18. Aleksander Kronda, photo from Certificate of Registration document.
Date: 19 April 1947
Image ID CKR_101_001
19. Smack KATE. Built 1883, registered at times as MN81, CK139, CK52. Photograph at Peldon.
Image ID CML_007
20. Smacks at Peldon. The nearest is SHAMROCK.
Image ID CML_013
21. S.C. White, Draper and Grocer's shop. Peldon
Edgar Charles Dansie and Leonard Dansie ?
Date: Before 1916
Image ID CMW_BDG_003
22. The Church, Peldon. Postcard by S.C. White, West Mersea, not used.
Image ID CW5_103
23. Harry Ponder. Harry lived in Hillside Cottage, Church Road, Peldon, and worked at either Copt Hall or Abbott's Wick farm. Born c1882.
Image ID DEP_051
24. Land Girls Edna Smy née Dallas, Rose, Emmy, Bunny Webb or Bunny Reynolds (tractor driver) working near Peldon Rose 1942
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_129
25. Edna Smy née Dallas. Peldon Hostel 1941. Women's Land Army.
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_130
26. Peldon Plough Darts Team. Abberton Peldon District Champions.
L-R Some of the names: Jim Shepperd, Ken Warren, Alfred 'Glen' Glendenning (with glasses - ...
Image ID FL02_030_001
27. Moor Farm, Colchester Road, Peldon. At one time up to 500 Indian Runner Ducks were kept on the pond. It is now filled in.
Image ID FL03_012_001
28. Hunt meet outside Peldon Rose. On the right talking are Pearl Cross from Waldegraves Farm West Mersea and Edward Martin from Moor Farm Peldon.
From Album ...
Date: Before 1940
Image ID FL03_016_001
29. Impression of Great Reservoir Scheme
Two farms which will be engulfed
Left: Layer Brook - this little stream will become a mighty lake 50 feet deep. ...
Date: 12 December 1934
Image ID GAZ_1934_DEC12_101
30. Blacksmith Hill, Peldon. Hammond postcard
Image ID GWC_001