| || Include duplicate images || Include pictures Include documents || Order by ID date taken date added ||Found 519 images - displaying 1 to 30 - page 1.|
1. Earthquake 1884. Went's Mill, Peldon.
From left, Peldon Steam Mill, Windmill and Peldon Mill House damaged by the "Colchester Earthquake" of 22 April 1884 ...
Date: cMay 1884
Image ID ALS_C20_063
2. 1937 Coronation Arch decorated by May Bros, Langenhoe. Pete Tye Common at the bottom of Langenhoe hill - the boundary of the parish. "Welcome to Loyal West ...
Date: cMay 1937
Image ID ALS_WHI_002
3. The Zeppelin at Little Wigborough - some of the Special Constables involved in arresting the German crew.
From left, Olive Dansie (daughter of Edgar Dansie ...
Date: cOctober 1916
Image ID ALS_ZEP_001
4. Woodturner at work...
Archie Moore, the Peldon woodturner, of Church Road, Peldon, was just one of the people showing his craft work at the West Mersea ...
Image ID AMR_003
5. Private Alfred George Baldwin
9th Battalion Duke of Wellingtons (West Riding Regiment)
Killed in action in France 24th March 1918 aged ...
Date: 24 March 1918
Image ID ARB_AGB_001
6. Private Arthur George Whiting No. 260181.
1st & 8th Battalion Worcestershire Regiment.
Killed in action in Belgium 27 August 1917 aged 19 ...
Date: 27 August 1917
Image ID ARB_AGW_001
7. Gwendoline and Edward Harding outside their home - Strood Close, The Strood, Peldon. They named the house Strood Close. They had bought the house from ...
Image ID AW02_003
8. Aleksander Kronda at Peldon Hostel.
Date: 30 August 1948
Image ID CKR_001_001
9. Peldon Hostel - Aleksander Kronda on the right.
Image ID CKR_001_003
10. Peldon Polish Hostel - Aleksander Kronda on the right.
Image ID CKR_001_005
11. Peldon Polish Hostel - Aleksander Kronda on right
Image ID CKR_001_007
12. Peldon Polish Hostel - Aleksander Kronda on right.
Image ID CKR_001_009
13. Aleksander Kronda - outside Peldon Hostel ? the house does not exist in this form - perhaps Ransomes Cottage now.
Date: 30 August 1948
Image ID CKR_002_001
14. Near Peldon Hostel - thought to be Wigborough Road, Peldon, opposite the Hostel, but the house has been replaced or much altered.
Image ID CKR_002_003
15. Aleksander Kronda back left - outside Peldon Hostel ?
Image ID CKR_002_005
16. Polish group outside The Whalebone. Aleksander Kronda is just left of centre, with white cap.
Where is this Whalebone ?
Ilford Polish Camp (Ilford ...
Image ID CKR_003_003
17. Aleksander Kronda on the left - photograph marked Ilford.
Aleksander was probably at Ilford Park Polish Camp, Newton Abbot.
Image ID CKR_003_009
18. Band outside Peldon Hostel. Aleksander Kronda front right with playing guitar.
Image ID CKR_004_007
19. Aleksander Kronda. Wrentham, Lowestoft. Aleksander is on the left.
On the back it says "In Memory of Labour Camp" and "Seaside Southwold".
Image ID CKR_005_001
20. Aleksander Kronda, photo from Certificate of Registration document.
Date: 19 April 1947
Image ID CKR_101_001
21. The Peldon Rose, Peldon, Essex. Postcard
Image ID CLR_165
22. Smack KATE. Built 1883, registered at times as MN81, CK139, CK52. Photograph at Peldon.
Image ID CML_007
23. Smacks at Peldon. The nearest is SHAMROCK.
Image ID CML_013
24. S.C. White, Draper and Grocer's shop. Peldon
Edgar Charles Dansie and Leonard Dansie ?
Date: Before 1916
Image ID CMW_BDG_003
25. The Church, Peldon. Postcard by S.C. White, West Mersea, not used.
Image ID CW5_103
26. Harry (Henry Augustus) Ponder. Harry lived in Hillside Cottage, Church Road, Peldon, and worked at either Copt Hall or Abbott's Wick farm. Born c1882.
Image ID DEP_051
27. Hunt at Peldon Rose.
Image ID DHL_009
28. Meet of the Hunt outside Peldon Rose
Image ID DHL_011
29. Land Girls Edna Smy née Dallas, Rose, Emmy, Bunny Webb or Bunny Reynolds (tractor driver) working near Peldon Rose 1942
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_129
30. Edna Smy née Dallas. Peldon Hostel 1941. Women's Land Army.
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_130