| || Include duplicate images || Include pictures Include documents || Order by ID date taken date added ||Found 682 images - displaying 1 to 30 - page 1.|
1. Earthquake 1884. Went's Mill, Peldon.
From left, Peldon Steam Mill, Windmill and Peldon Mill House damaged by the "Colchester Earthquake" of 22 April 1884 ...
Date: cMay 1884
Image ID ALS_C20_063
2. 1937 Coronation Arch decorated by May Bros, Langenhoe. Pete Tye Common at the bottom of Langenhoe hill - the boundary of the parish. "Welcome to Loyal West ...
Date: cMay 1937
Image ID ALS_WHI_002
3. The Zeppelin at Little Wigborough - some of the Special Constables involved in arresting the German crew.
From left, Olive Dansie (daughter of Edgar Dansie ...
Date: cOctober 1916
Image ID ALS_ZEP_001
4. Turning on to craftsmanship. Annabel Hughes talks to woodturner Archie Moore from Peldon.
From the Gazette 30 April 1975
Date: 30 April 1975
Image ID AMR_001
5. Woodturner at work...
Archie Moore, the Peldon woodturner, of Church Road, Peldon, was just one of the people showing his craft work at the West Mersea ...
Image ID AMR_003
6. People in the news by Jack Winstree.
Wood turner Archie Moore from Peldon with his wife Christine and their 12 year old daughter Marian. They borrowed ...
Image ID AMR_007
7. Lathe man Archie turns up trumps.
"The Peldon Wood Turner"
Best break for Archie Moore came 14 months ago when he was made redundant by Colchester ...
Image ID AMR_011
8. Private Alfred George Baldwin
9th Battalion Duke of Wellingtons (West Riding Regiment)
Killed in action in France 24th March 1918 aged ...
Date: 24 March 1918
Image ID ARB_AGB_001
9. Private Arthur George Whiting No. 260181.
1st & 8th Battalion Worcestershire Regiment.
Killed in action in Belgium 27 August 1917 aged 19 ...
Date: 27 August 1917
Image ID ARB_AGW_001
10. Abberton Reservoir expansion project
the story so far
Essex and Suffolk Water
Date: June 1994
Image ID ARV_BK1_001
11. Gwendoline and Edward Harding outside their home - Strood Close, The Strood, Peldon. They named the house Strood Close. They had bought the house from ...
Image ID AW02_003
12. Messrs. Hearsum & Son,
Peldon Nurseries, David Jamieson
To Rabbits Supplied as follows ...
Date: 3 November 1936
Image ID BJ46_022_001
13. Thorp's Reliance Coaches, West Mersea, Essex. Time Table. Phone 100.
Great Wigborough Kings Head and Peldon to Colchester Parking Place.
Date: December 1932
Image ID BJ48_012_041
14. Map showing alterations to the areas of the Parishes of Great and Little Wigborough, Great Braxted, Inworth, Layer Breton, Layer Marney, Salcot Virley, ...
Date: 8 May 1980
Image ID CCS_001_004
15. Map from "Alteration of areas of the benefices of Layer de la Haye, Birch with Layter Brent and Layer Marney and with Great and Little Wigborough.
Date: 6 June 1980
Image ID CCS_002_003
16. Map showing the Alterations of the areas of the parishes of Peldon and West Mersea.
Map from Church Commissioners.
[The area transferred is the ...
Date: 5 August 1986
Image ID CCS_003_001
17. Map showing alterations of the areas of the parishes of Birch with Layer Breton, Great and Little Wigborough, Layer de la Haye and Peldon.
Date: 10 September 1986
Image ID CCS_004_001
18. Aleksander Kronda at Peldon Hostel.
Date: 30 August 1948
Image ID CKR_001_001
19. Peldon Hostel - Aleksander Kronda on the right.
Image ID CKR_001_003
20. Peldon Polish Hostel - Aleksander Kronda on the right.
Image ID CKR_001_005
21. Peldon Polish Hostel - Aleksander Kronda on right
Image ID CKR_001_007
22. Peldon Polish Hostel - Aleksander Kronda on right.
Image ID CKR_001_009
23. Aleksander Kronda - outside Peldon Hostel ? the house does not exist in this form - perhaps Ransomes Cottage now.
Date: 30 August 1948
Image ID CKR_002_001
24. Near Peldon Hostel - thought to be Wigborough Road, Peldon, opposite the Hostel, but the house has been replaced or much altered.
Image ID CKR_002_003
25. Aleksander Kronda back left - outside Peldon Hostel ?
Image ID CKR_002_005
26. Polish group outside The Whalebone. Aleksander Kronda is just left of centre, with white cap.
Where is this Whalebone ?
Ilford Polish Camp (Ilford ...
Image ID CKR_003_003
27. Polish group outside The Whalebone - Trumans.
Aleksander Kronda at right of group.
Where was this Whalebone ?
Ilford Polish Camp (Ilford Park), ...
Image ID CKR_003_007
28. Aleksander Kronda on the left - photograph marked Ilford.
Aleksander was probably at Ilford Park Polish Camp, Newton Abbot.
Image ID CKR_003_009
29. Band outside Peldon Hostel. Aleksander Kronda front right with playing guitar.
Image ID CKR_004_007
30. Aleksander Kronda. Wrentham, Lowestoft. Aleksander is on the left.
On the back it says "In Memory of Labour Camp" and "Seaside Southwold".
Image ID CKR_005_001