1. High Street, looking south, West Mersea. Postcard from Chas. F. Williamson, Newsagent, Yorick Road, W.M. 14389 2200, mailed 25 April 1924.
Date: Before April 1924
Image ID PG2_009
2. Church Corner, West Mersea. Postcard 15781 318. Another copy of this card was mailed November 1924.
Date: Before November 1924
Image ID PG2_019
3. High Tide, West Mersea. Postcard No.17.
Image ID PG2_023
4. Houseboats ERYCINA & EVANDRA at West Mersea.
Ron Green writes that ERYCINA was broken up in the bad winter of 1947. He started when he worked for Clifford ...
Image ID PG2_031
5. The Hard, West Mersea. Postcard by F.W. Pawsey, Ipswich, mailed 30 August 1962
Date: Before August 1962
Image ID PG2_039
6. Sea View Avenue, West Mersea. Seaview Avenue. Another copy of this card was mailed August 1933
Date: Before 1933
Image ID PG2_053
7. West Mersea Village. Church Road. Postcard mailed 27 August 1908.
Date: Before August 1908
Image ID PG2_055
8. The Old City, West Mersea. Postcard mailed 29 June 1954.
Date: Before June 1954
Image ID PG2_057
9. Boating Lake, West Mersea.
Image ID PG2_059
10. West Mersea Beach. Postcard 98752 mailed 20 July 1926.
Date: Before July 1926
Image ID PG2_081
11. Sea View Avenue, West Mersea. Nursing Home in Seaview Avenue, "Mrs Weaver's Home of Rest".
Image ID PG2_083
12. The beach, titled The Esplanade, West Mersea. Postcard by E T W Dennis, mailed 31 August 1921
Date: Before August 1921
Image ID PG2_085
13. The Creek, West Mersea - a post card view along Coast Road. The barge dressed overall and a line of boats suggest it is Regatta Day.
Postcard from E T W ...
Date: Before March 1917
Image ID PG2_093
14. The Chase, West Mersea. Now Firs Chase. Postcard from E T W Dennis No. 063673.
Another copy of this card was posted 20 March 1919, with the message on the ...
Date: Before 1919
Image ID PG2_095
15. The Beach, West Mersea. Postcard 9133.
Image ID PG2_103
16. West Mersea showing Wesleyan Chapel. The road was once Chapel Road, now Mill Road.
Another copy of this postcard was mailed July 1907
Another copy ...
Date: Before July 1906
Image ID PG2_105
17. The Beach, West Mersea. This is taken by the Monkey Steps and the wall is the wall in front of Orleans. The wall was later plastered. The name Esplanade on the ...
Image ID PG2_111
18. View from Church Tower, West Mersea to White Hart and looking north up High Street. The open space just right of centre became the Primrose and later Eastern ...
Date: Before 1911
Image ID PG2_127
19. Crossing the Strood under difficulties, West Mersea. Postcard mailed 3 August 1938
Date: Before August 1938
Image ID PG2_151
20. Wyatt's Shed on the left. The lane in the centre is now Carriers Close. The cottage on the left of the lane is Waterside, Smuggler's Way and Cudmore Cottage. ...
Image ID PG2_153
21. Sea View Avenue. [Seaview]. Advertisement for the Fairhaven Estate by S. Callow, Brierley Hall, on the left.
The posters on the board advertise Detached ...
Date: Before June 1908
Image ID PG2_155
22. Oyster Pits, West Mersea. Houseboats and ketch BLACK FOX.
Image ID PG2_169
23. The Strood at high tide, looking inland. Contractors working on the right beyond the car. Open top car no TW537.
Postcard 135962. TW registrations were ...
Image ID PG2_179
24. Boating Lake, West Mersea.
Image ID PG2_193
25. View from Coast Road, West Mersea, by the Clarke & Carter slipway. Dutch barge on the left Dutch barge - is this JENNY ? [RG].
Another copy of this card ...
Date: Before 1951
Image ID PG2_197
26. The Peldon Rose, West Mersea. Postcard from F.W. Pawsey & Son.
Image ID PG2_201
27. Racing past Mersea Island. Postcard by Douglas Went. West Mersea Yacht Club Regatta cJuly 1932. The yacht on the left is thought to be WINDFLOWER, built ...
Date: cJuly 1932
Image ID PG2_209
28. Old City, West Mersea. Postcard No.18
L-R from centre old Victory, Cornerways, John Hewes Cottage and Alice Hewes Cottage. The wooden shed to the right was ...
Date: Before 1915
Image ID PG2_215
29. East Mersea Dog and Pheasant, before the new part was added to the front in the 1920s. The sign on the front says C. & W. R. Seabrook's Fine Pale & Mild Ales & ...
Date: Before 1915
Image ID PG2_217
30. The Dog and Pheasant, East Mersea. C. & W.R. Seabrooke's fine pale and mild ales and porter. Landlord J.H. Death.
Postcard mailed 18 August 1918
Date: Before August 1918
Image ID PG2_221