481. Document from Deeds of Sleyes, Peldon.
An undated fragment indicating the sale of the property by Mary Wilsmore to Martin Harvey. Butcher's House.
Image ID SLY_012_001
482. Postcard of Peldon Rose, West Mersea, from
A Study of the Strood by W.E. Duane. Chapter 1.
Image ID SOS_001_002_001
483. Mill House Peldon, site of the old mill mentioned in 1551.
From A Study of the Strood by W.E. Duane. Chapter 3.
Image ID SOS_003_004_001
484. Part of Ordnance survey map annotated to show (in yellow) the area of the parish of West Mersea that was transferred in Peldon Parish in 1953.
Date: April 1953
Image ID SOS_007_001_003
485. Janet and Tony Balls
Image ID TBL_PEL_001
486. Don Balls, Royal Air Force
Image ID TBL_PEL_364
487. Peter Balls
Image ID TBL_PEL_531
488. Cyril and Marrie Balls
Image ID TBL_PEL_536
489. Marion Balls (Mary)
9 July 1955 Marion Grace Balls married James Walter Charles Beadell at Peldon Parish Church. Marion was born c1932 and James c1926
Image ID TBL_PEL_539
490. Walter & Mabel Balls
Walter Harry Balls was father of Marion Grace Balls.
Mabel Balls née Wyncoll was sister of Arthur Wyncoll who married Miss ...
Image ID TBL_PEL_564
491. Marjorie makes a century.
Marjorie Costello of Melrose Road, West Mersea was born in a small room above her father's Peldon hardware store one hundred ...
Date: 26 March 2011
Image ID TBM_MJC_001
492. Albert Edward Beaumont, born in 1898 to Albert and Emma Beaumont (née Ovens) at Lexden, Colchester, Essex.
Albert Senior died when Albert ...
Image ID TLR_AEB_001
493. Wedding of Albert Beaumont and Emily Purbrick.
Albert was born in the Lexden area, but worked in various parts of the country. Emily and Albert married in ...
Date: 30 July 1932
Image ID TLR_AEB_005
494. Emily Beaumont née Purbrick and Albert Edward Beaumont.
Emily was Albert's second wife, and was Postmistress at Peldon for several years.
Image ID TLR_AEB_011
495. Irene ( Renee ) and Bob Ponder, outside Peldon Post Office
Image ID TLR_PDR_003
496. Hillside Cottage, Peldon. Harry (Henry Augustus) and Mabel Ponder. The child is thought to be Robert (Bob) - their youngest son.
Image ID TLR_PDR_021
497. George Ponder born 8 February 1848 in Little Wigborough and died 26 November 1926. He is buried in Little Wigborough Church. Married 1871 Julia Willis ( ...
Image ID TLR_PDR_051
498. Peldon ladies.
1. Mrs Russell-Walker ?, 2., 3. Mrs Short, 4. Mrs Archer, 5. Maud Durrant, 6. Mrs Brand, ... 11. Mrs Grace May, 12. Ivy Mallet, 13., 14. ...
Image ID TLR_PEL_003
499. Peldon Post Office
Date: cJune 1953
Image ID TLR_PST_011
500. Peldon Post Office, Rose Cottage. Post Lady Rene Ponder née Taylor.
Image ID TLR_PST_013
501. Outside Rose Cottage, Peldon Post Office.
L-R Rene Taylor, Valerie, girlfriend of Uncle Doug.
Image ID TLR_PST_021
502. Hedingham bus waiting at West Mersea with the 63 service to Colchester Mason Road via Peldon. YN06JYE.
The 63 service was extended to West Mersea from ...
Date: 26 February 2018
Image ID TM7_0537
503. Ruby Tucker née Balls
Tucker family album page 83 - Land Girls and Wedding
Image ID TUP_OPA_063
504. Peldon Mill, looking towards Peldon Rose.
Date: Before March 1905
Image ID VDW_001
505. White's Directory 1848 Page 161. West Mersea contd. Peldon.
For a transcription of the Mersea Island pages, see ...
Image ID WHI_1848_161
506. Earthquake 1884, Went's Mill, Peldon. Postcard written to George Frederick Unwin Esq., "Mersea", Gidea Park, Near Romford, Sx. Date unreadable.
Date: cMay 1884
Image ID WMC_001_007
507. Headstone for grave of H.W. Dines in Peldon Churchyard, southeast of the church.
Labour Co ...
Image ID WW1_DIN_001
508. Letter from J.R. Wilson, Peldon about the problems of living in Peldon Rectory.
From Yates Family correspondence.
Image ID YTS_008_131
509. Dorothy and Yvonne Ellis, Pete Tye Farm, Peldon
Image ID YVE_001
510. Yvonne Ellis and dog - Pete Tye Farm, Peldon
Image ID YVE_003