1. Earthquake 1884. Went's Mill, Peldon.
From left, Peldon Steam Mill, Windmill and Peldon Mill House damaged by the "Colchester Earthquake" of 22 April 1884 ...
Date: cMay 1884
Image ID ALS_C20_063
2. 1937 Coronation Arch decorated by May Bros, Langenhoe. Pete Tye Common at the bottom of Langenhoe hill - the boundary of the parish. "Welcome to Loyal West ...
Date: cMay 1937
Image ID ALS_WHI_002
3. The Zeppelin at Little Wigborough - some of the Special Constables involved in arresting the German crew.
From left, Olive Dansie (daughter of Edgar Dansie ...
Date: cOctober 1916
Image ID ALS_ZEP_001
4. Private Alfred George Baldwin
9th Battalion Duke of Wellingtons (West Riding Regiment)
Killed in action in France 24th March 1918 aged ...
Date: 24 March 1918
Image ID ARB_AGB_001
5. Private Arthur George Whiting No. 260181.
1st & 8th Battalion Worcestershire Regiment.
Killed in action in Belgium 27 August 1917 aged 19 ...
Date: 27 August 1917
Image ID ARB_AGW_001
6. Abberton Reservoir expansion project
the story so far
Essex and Suffolk Water
Date: June 1994
Image ID ARV_BK1_001
7. Gwendoline and Edward Harding outside their home - Strood Close, The Strood, Peldon. They named the house Strood Close. They had bought the house from ...
Image ID AW02_003
8. Map showing alterations to the areas of the Parishes of Great and Little Wigborough, Great Braxted, Inworth, Layer Breton, Layer Marney, Salcot Virley, ...
Date: 8 May 1980
Image ID CCS_001_004
9. Map from "Alteration of areas of the benefices of Layer de la Haye, Birch with Layter Brent and Layer Marney and with Great and Little Wigborough.
Date: 6 June 1980
Image ID CCS_002_003
10. Map showing the Alterations of the areas of the parishes of Peldon and West Mersea.
Map from Church Commissioners.
[The area transferred is the ...
Date: 5 August 1986
Image ID CCS_003_001
11. Map showing alterations of the areas of the parishes of Birch with Layer Breton, Great and Little Wigborough, Layer de la Haye and Peldon.
Date: 10 September 1986
Image ID CCS_004_001
12. Aleksander Kronda at Peldon Hostel.
Date: 30 August 1948
Image ID CKR_001_001
13. Peldon Hostel - Aleksander Kronda on the right.
Image ID CKR_001_003
14. Peldon Polish Hostel - Aleksander Kronda on the right.
Image ID CKR_001_005
15. Peldon Polish Hostel - Aleksander Kronda on right
Image ID CKR_001_007
16. Peldon Polish Hostel - Aleksander Kronda on right.
Image ID CKR_001_009
17. Aleksander Kronda - outside Peldon Hostel ? the house does not exist in this form - perhaps Ransomes Cottage now.
Date: 30 August 1948
Image ID CKR_002_001
18. Near Peldon Hostel - thought to be Wigborough Road, Peldon, opposite the Hostel, but the house has been replaced or much altered.
Image ID CKR_002_003
19. Aleksander Kronda back left - outside Peldon Hostel ?
Image ID CKR_002_005
20. Polish group outside The Whalebone. Aleksander Kronda is just left of centre, with white cap.
Where is this Whalebone ?
Ilford Polish Camp (Ilford ...
Image ID CKR_003_003
21. Polish group outside The Whalebone - Trumans.
Aleksander Kronda at right of group.
Where was this Whalebone ?
Ilford Polish Camp (Ilford Park), ...
Image ID CKR_003_007
22. Aleksander Kronda on the left - photograph marked Ilford.
Aleksander was probably at Ilford Park Polish Camp, Newton Abbot.
Image ID CKR_003_009
23. Band outside Peldon Hostel. Aleksander Kronda front right with playing guitar.
Image ID CKR_004_007
24. Aleksander Kronda. Wrentham, Lowestoft. Aleksander is on the left.
On the back it says "In Memory of Labour Camp" and "Seaside Southwold".
Image ID CKR_005_001
25. Aleksander Kronda - Ilford Park, Newton Abbot.
Image ID CKR_005_005
26. Aleksander Kronda, photo from Certificate of Registration document.
Date: 19 April 1947
Image ID CKR_101_001
27. Aleksander Kronda Alien Order: Certificate of Registration. 17.1.48
Released from Polish Resettlement Corps on 6.1.48. Produced Discharge Certificate ...
Date: 17 January 1948
Image ID CKR_101_003
28. Aleksander Kronda Alien Order: Certificate of Registration.
Reports arrival and residing at Peldon Hostel Nr Colchester as from 21-8-48.
4 Nov ...
Date: 21 August 1948
Image ID CKR_101_004
29. Smack KATE. Built 1883, registered at times as MN81, CK139, CK52. Photograph at Peldon.
Image ID CML_007
30. Smacks at Peldon. The nearest is SHAMROCK.
Image ID CML_013