31. Blacksmith Hill, Peldon. Hammond postcard
Image ID GWC_001
32. Peldon - outside the Plough. A boy is working the village pump and behind him is the Old Cottage, run as a shop by Clem Hyam. The Post Office is further down ...
Image ID GWC_003
33. Peldon - Thomas Wyncoll and grandchildren.
Image ID GWC_005
34. Peldon - Thomas Wyncoll and grandchild. Tom Wyncoll was Geoff's grandfather, and one of the Peldon Special Constables that arrested the Zeppelin crew.
Image ID GWC_007
35. Wedding of Kate Goody and Ernest Wyncoll. Photograph taken outside Barnards Cottage, Peldon - home of the bride's parents.
Adults from left to right Emily ...
Date: 21 September 1935
Image ID GWC_009
36. Ernest and Kate Wyncoll had the bungalow, Goodwyn, built on the Mersea Road, Peldon, the name being an amalgam of their names Goody and Wyncoll. Later their ...
Image ID GWC_021
37. Essex Constubulary. Watch presented to T. Wyncoll for good services when Zeppelin L33 was brought down in Essex on 24.9.16
Date: c25 September 1916
Image ID GWC_031
38. Essex Constubulary. Watch presented to T. Wyncoll for good services when Zeppelin L33 was brought down in Essex on 24.9.16
Date: c25 September 1916
Image ID GWC_033
39. Geoff Wyncoll's brother David with 3 kid goats. Geoff says:
"My parents, along with many other animals kept 2 goats at our home in Peldon Amelia and Bill. ...
Image ID GWC_051
40. Tony Beadell
Image ID GWC_061
41. Peter Balls
Image ID GWC_071
42. L-R 1. Martha, 2. Kate Goody, 3. Ernie Goody, 4. Sarah Goody née Hitchen.
Martha was born at Birch 1902 and died 1918. Missing from the picture is ...
Image ID GWC_081
43. 'The Plough' and village pump, Peldon.
Image ID HAY_RON_002
44. Caroline Traylor, born c1876
2 October 1904 Caroline Agnes Mira Mallett married Elijah William Traylor.
Their daughter Lilian was Richard Haward's ...
Image ID HH06_501
45. Lilian Haward née Traylor, born c1905. Richard Haward's mother.
2 Nov 1932 Edwin Richard (Dick) Haward married Lilian Dorothy Traylor at Peldon ...
Image ID HH06_503
46. Peldon Methodist Church
Back row L-R 1., 2. Elijah Traylor, 3., 4., 5., 6., 7.
Front 1., 2., 3., 4., 5., 6.
Elijah Traylor was father of Nanna ...
Image ID HH06_621
47. Joseph Charles William Mallett born 1872 and died 20 Dec 1911. Barge skipper.
Photo by R. Deacon, 14 Queen Street, Colchester
Image ID HH06_623
48. Mirror that was broken by the earthquake 22 April 1884, donated to the Museum January 2012.
A note on the back of the mirror says
"This Mirror is a ...
Date: 29 June 1884
Image ID IA004542
49. Pyefleet House at the Peldon end of the Strood, showing damage from the 1884 earthquake. The house should have 3 chimneys - only one remains and this has ...
Date: cMay 1884
Image ID IA004741
50. Peldon Rose. Postcard mailed October 1906.
The picture appears in "Motor Buses in East Anglia 1901-1931" by D.E. Brewster, 1974, with the ...
Image ID IA004901
51. Peldon Hall Farm. A postcard by Hammond.
Image ID IA004921
52. Sailing barge CYGNET at Shell Bungalow, Peldon
Date: 23 May 2015
Image ID IA01_271
53. Ive's Farm, Peldon. Hammond postcard.
View down what is now St Ives Hill, with Ive's Farm on the left.
Image ID IA01_715
54. Small two burner paraffin stove used by donor's grandmother, Edith Hyam, from Peldon. On display in Mersea Museum.
Accession No. 2010.08.004D donated by ...
Date: 5 September 2018
Image ID IA01_845
55. Clifford Wyncoll is on the right and his sister's brother-in-law, Ernest Balls on the left.
Image ID IYS_035_001
56. Primrose Bus rounding Hyde Park Corner at the top of St Ives Hill, Peldon. Postcard was mailed from Peldon on 29th August 1922.
Date: Before August 1922
Image ID JAY_BUS_051
57. Jack Botham aerial photograph 9203. Peldon Rose, looking north west.
Image ID JBA_822
58. Peldon - Revd. Anthony Gough.
From a collection of Jack Botham wedding pictures.
Image ID JBM_026
59. Peldon School. The school was closed on 18 December 1942 [West Mersea School Log Book - WMS_LOG4_P114].
Image ID KBA_PEL_003
60. West Mersea firemen freed Mrs Brenda Marriage from the wreckage of her car in a deep ditch at Peldon.
From Rose Harvey Scrapbook LH29.
Image ID LH29_025_002