1. The Square, Tollesbury. Kings Head on the left. Postcard mailed 7 August 1919.
Image ID CG10_013
2. East Street, Tollesbury. Postcard. Zebo for grates.
Image ID CG10_269
3. East Street, Tollesbury. facing west. Postcard 96192.
J. Leavett Family Butcher on right.
Image ID CG10_271
4. East Street, Tollesbury. Postcard 126383.
Post Office - a notice in the window announces change of Employment Books July 1932.. Hope Inn in the distance.
Date: Before July 1932
Image ID CG10_279
5. Reading War news at Tollesbury. Postcard.
Outside Proberts Shop in West Street.
L-R Mr Sams, Mr Crab, Mr Fell ex PC, Mr Standing.
Image ID CG10_401
6. Whites Milliners Drapers shop, Tollesbury. Postcard.
Image ID CG10_407
7. Post Office, Tollesbury. Postcard 96163.
Image ID CG10_411
8. The Cycle Stores, Tollesbury.
Taken in 1914, when George Fisher the owner, sold perambulators, accessories, cycles, motorcycles and petrol, as well as ...
Image ID CG10_413
9. Village Pump, Tollesbury. Opposite is White's Milliners and Cash Drapers. Hammond postcard.
Image ID CG10_653
10. White's Milliners and Drapers shop, Tollesbury.
From Tollesbury Past:
White's Drapers. White's new shop shared part of the Barclay's Bank building. It ...
Image ID CG22_406
11. The Blacksmith, East Road, Tollesbury. Joe Gurton. Used in More from Tollesbury Past, plate 15.
Image ID CG22_412
12. West Street Tollesbury, with S.E Cranfield and White's shops, and Barclays Bank on the corner of North Road.
Image ID CG28_011
13. Tollesbury old brewery.
A brewery run by Stone and Sons was established towards the end of the 19th century".
"Messrs Stone's brewery in the Chase ...
Image ID CG29_035
Image ID CG2_010
15. H.R. King, Tollesbury
Image ID CG2_021
Image ID CG2_030
17. G.W. Coates & Sons, Tollesbury
Image ID CG3_001
Image ID CG4_002
19. Tollesbury yachting. Drake Brothers.
Image ID DWS_111
20. Tollesbury Yard launches biggest trawler - quietly.
With a gentle sliding motion the largest trawler to be built at the Tollesbury boatyard of Frost and ...
Date: 30 April 1969
Image ID ECS_1969_MAY02_002
21. Thorp's Reliance Coaches
Great Wigborough and Peldon.
Wigborough King's Head to Colchester Parking Place.
Image ID JRT_THP_003
22. Checking the Oil? The garage still had its original frontage. John Palmer serves a customer who is dressed in the popular plus-fours. Antique-looking hand ...
Image ID MBK_TPT_046_001
23. Ernest Appleton (front row on the left) amongst a group of workers employed by Gowens in Tollesbury during WW2. They made rope ladders, scramble nets ...
Image ID PBIB_APP_060
24. Cranfield's Supply Stores, High Street, Tollesbury.
Order book - one of the entries inside is for 4 April 1918.
Date: 4 April 1918
Image ID PBIB_CRA_001
25. Ointment Pot from R. Fordham, Dispensing Chemist, East Street, Tollesbury. Date not known.
Image ID PBIB_FDM_001
26. J.Juniper Ltd. Builders and Contractors.
Works: North Road, Tollesbury, Essex
Registered Office 99 Mell Road, Tollesbury.
Tollesbury 279. ...
Image ID PBIB_JUN_001
27. Woodrolfe August 1957 [written on slide]. CK222 ELLEN on slip. From a slide taken by Mary Sime.
Date: August 1957
Image ID PBIB_SIM1_011