241. Fun on the beach. Oardlers Oardling. Valerie Mansfield and Roy Keene.
Image ID SDH_ODG_007
242. Fun on the beach. Oardlers Oardling. Valerie Mansfield and Roy Keene.
By the Monkey Steps with Orleans Wall in background.
Image ID SDH_ODG_011
243. The beach, West Mersea. Postcard by F.W. Pawsey & Sons. FWP049.
Image ID SFR_270
244. The Beach. View on the South Side of the Queen's Estate, West Mersea.
From a Souvenir brochure advertising property for sale in West Mersea. This sale was ...
Date: Before 24 August 1907
Image ID SH01_001_010_001
245. West Mersea beach in the 1920s. Postcard 141507.
Written on the back of the card: "Our chalet, Coopers Beach, East Mersea on this misty lovely moring. 9 ...
Image ID SKP_027
246. Sunny beach, East Mersea. Postcard 466, not posted.
Chalets at Coopers Beach.
Image ID SKP_305
247. REJOICINGS AT WEST MERSEA - On Friday last the people of this parish held a gala day such has seldom been seen in the vicinity. For some time litigation has ...
Date: 1 October 1869
Image ID TBM_014_001
248. Beach Huts at West Mersea. Tony Millatt at back. Front: Gordon Meekings, Dennis Johnson, Pat Bishop ?, ?
The Millatt family had 2 beach huts in the top row ...
Image ID TBM_HUT_001
249. Beach Hut at West Mersea. Tony Millatt, Alison Head, Anne Millatt and Michael Head.
Image ID TBM_HUT_003
250. Mersea Beach Huts. L-R Tom Millatt, Betty Millatt, Peter Millatt and Susan Millatt.
Image ID TBM_HUT_005
251. Former World War 2 fortifications by the Monkey Beach, West Mersea. The concrete blocks had been hidden by the mud for several years. They are now slowly ...
Date: 26 June 2007
Image ID TM1_7428
252. Looking East towards Monkey Beach from Buzz'n.
There is often speculation about the concrete blocks that are by the beach at its western end, near Buzz'n ...
Image ID TM1_7429
253. A view of the concrete blocks by the beach near Buzz'n and thought to be an anti-landing craft defence.. The base of an old pillbox can be seen on the right.
Image ID TM1_7433
254. Shears Court and Shears Crescent in the early 1970s. Photograph from Ronnie Fisher, who lived in the top right flat in Shears Court.
The base of the ...
Image ID TM3_2797
255. Monkey Beach on a hot Sunday in the midst of Coronavirus pandemic
Date: 9 August 2020
Image ID TM8_1121
256. Victoria Esplanade and beach, West Mersea, looking to the Two Sugars Cafe --- formerly a World War 2 gun emplacement.
Image ID TMPC0701
257. The Beach, West Mersea
Image ID TMPC0705
258. Boat trips from the beach. Marjorie Prince, Peter Tucker, Grace Prince, Doris Tucker, Wilfred Tucker, Leslie Tucker Plaistow, Harry Vince.
Image ID TUP_OPA_003
259. Phyllis Game née D'Witt with Laura and Colin Game, on West Mersea beach below Victoria Esplanade.
Image ID VDW_031
260. Cudmore Grove & the bowling Green in the 1920s. Ordnance Survey maps of the time use the name Cudmore Grove for the row of woodland upper left on the ...
Image ID WLD_FEN_001
261. Houseboat in the creek below Fen Farm, East Mersea. It was owned by a retired ballet dancer "Miss Collette" who was the wife of a famous new magnate, Reuter. In ...
Image ID WLD_FEN_041
262. Ralph to the rescue - Shell Beach, Fen Farm. Land Rover in the mud.
Image ID WLD_FEN_163
263. High Tide - Fen Farm
Image ID WLD_OPA_001
264. High Tide - Fen Farm
Image ID WLD_OPA_003
265. High Tide - Fen Farm
Image ID WLD_OPA_005
266. High Tide - Fen Farm
Image ID WLD_OPA_007
267. Whitsun 1956. Names ?
Date: May 1956
Image ID WLD_OPA_231
268. Easter 1932 Bowling Green. Steven King (Lena's boss). Cudmore Grove on the left in the background - it was only a strip of woodland in those days.
Date: March 1932
Image ID WLD_OPA_243
269. Linden Le Marquand and Ben, Fen Farm.
Date: August 1981
Image ID WLD_OPA_253
270. Winter 79. [Linden Le Marquand ?]
Date: cDecember 1979
Image ID WLD_OPA_255