241. Pack ice in the Blackwater (with Andy Bisco aged 11) looking towards Bradwell from Monkey Steps beach. The hard winter of 1962-63.
Date: cJanuary 1963
Image ID SBS_002
242. West Mersea looking west. Postcard 69781.
From Brian's collection of S.C. White postcards in 2019 Exhibtion.
Image ID SCW_PCD_007
243. Smith family ?
Image ID SD01_045_001
244. West Mersea Urban District Council lifebuoy on beach.
Image ID SDH_AB1_018_001
245. Laid up ships in River Blackwater.
L-R 1. tanker, probably 1. FILTRIC, 2. ESPERANCE BAY, 3. GOTHIC.
GOTHIC arrived 6 September 1954 and ESPERANCE BAY ...
Date: c7 September 1954
Image ID SDH_AB1_028_003
246. Fun on the beach. Oardlers Oardling. Valerie Mansfield and Roy Keene.
Image ID SDH_ODG_007
247. Fun on the beach. Oardlers Oardling. Valerie Mansfield and Roy Keene.
By the Monkey Steps with Orleans Wall in background.
Image ID SDH_ODG_011
248. The beach, West Mersea. Postcard by F.W. Pawsey & Sons. FWP049.
Image ID SFR_270
249. The Beach. View on the South Side of the Queen's Estate, West Mersea.
From a Souvenir brochure advertising property for sale in West Mersea. This sale was ...
Date: Before 24 August 1907
Image ID SH01_001_010_001
250. West Mersea beach in the 1920s. Postcard 141507.
Written on the back of the card: "Our chalet, Coopers Beach, East Mersea on this misty lovely moring. 9 ...
Image ID SKP_027
251. Sunny beach, East Mersea. Postcard 466, not posted.
Chalets at Coopers Beach.
Image ID SKP_305
252. REJOICINGS AT WEST MERSEA - On Friday last the people of this parish held a gala day such has seldom been seen in the vicinity. For some time litigation has ...
Date: 1 October 1869
Image ID TBM_014_001
253. Beach Huts at West Mersea. Tony Millatt at back. Front: Gordon Meekings, Dennis Johnson, Pat Bishop ?, ?
The Millatt family had 2 beach huts in the top row ...
Image ID TBM_HUT_001
254. Beach Hut at West Mersea. Tony Millatt, Alison Head, Anne Millatt and Michael Head.
Image ID TBM_HUT_003
255. Mersea Beach Huts. L-R Tom Millatt, Betty Millatt, Peter Millatt and Susan Millatt.
Image ID TBM_HUT_005
256. Former World War 2 fortifications by the Monkey Beach, West Mersea. The concrete blocks had been hidden by the mud for several years. They are now slowly ...
Date: 26 June 2007
Image ID TM1_7428
257. Looking East towards Monkey Beach from Buzz'n.
There is often speculation about the concrete blocks that are by the beach at its western end, near Buzz'n ...
Image ID TM1_7429
258. A view of the concrete blocks by the beach near Buzz'n and thought to be an anti-landing craft defence.. The base of an old pillbox can be seen on the right.
Image ID TM1_7433
259. Shears Court and Shears Crescent in the early 1970s. Photograph from Ronnie Fisher, who lived in the top right flat in Shears Court.
The base of the ...
Image ID TM3_2797
260. Monkey Beach on a hot Sunday in the midst of Coronavirus pandemic
Date: 9 August 2020
Image ID TM8_1121
261. Victoria Esplanade and beach, West Mersea, looking to the Two Sugars Cafe --- formerly a World War 2 gun emplacement.
Image ID TMPC0701
262. The Beach, West Mersea
Image ID TMPC0705
263. Boat trips from the beach. Marjorie Prince, Peter Tucker, Grace Prince, Doris Tucker, Wilfred Tucker, Leslie Tucker Plaistow, Harry Vince.
Image ID TUP_OPA_003
264. Phyllis Game née D'Witt with Laura and Colin Game, on West Mersea beach below Victoria Esplanade.
Image ID VDW_031
265. 1957 Susan Waters with Alan Waters. Donkey.
Image ID WAT_OPA_031
266. Timothy beach
Image ID WAT_OPA_039
267. Martin & Dorothy Waters - beach hut at high tide.
Image ID WAT_OPA_041
268. Sunnyside - Kingsland Beach
Image ID WAT_OPA_047
269. 1987 Dorothy Waters. Kingsland Beach
Image ID WAT_OPA_049
270. Cudmore Grove & the bowling Green in the 1920s. Ordnance Survey maps of the time use the name Cudmore Grove for the row of woodland upper left on the ...
Image ID WLD_FEN_001