121. Mersea Beach Club 1985? Heather Holmes by accordionist.
Image ID LNZ_015
122. Mersea Beach. Far left - Percy Dixon. Third from left Ernest Mole.
Image ID LTL_133
123. Mersea Beach. Far left Alfred Mole. Front right Claude Mole.
Image ID LTL_135
124. Beautiful Mersea - Garden Farm Estate brochure. Front Cover.
Date: December 1909
Image ID MBK_BMS_001
125. A History of Education in West Mersea by B.E. Wright, page 54
What a Treat. Newspaper cutting showing actual school treat for West Mersea ...
Image ID MBK_HED_P054
126. West Mersea Official Guide. Page 25. Bathing at West Mersea.
Image ID MD05_034
127. Sea Wall, West Mersea. Monkey House beach.
Postcard mailed 31 August 1926. The writing ends "Just been out for a sail ... Heaps of blackberries here, ...
Date: Before August 1926
Image ID MEL_015
128. Tom Lungley and NIPPY - ran trips from the beach.
Image ID MIL_OPA_549
129. What a Folly !
Nine pictures of Follies on Mersea, compiled by Mike Davies. The latest is dated December 2005.
Date: Before 2006
Image ID MLD_003
130. Beach Huts, West Mersea, by the bottom of Willoughby Avenue.
Date: 3 July 2008
Image ID MLD_059
131. Old anchors resting along Victoria Esplanade at West Mersea.
Date: 17 March 2010
Image ID MLD_ESP_011
132. Early Spring and the beach huts are still mostly deserted. View between the two rows of beach huts near the bottom of Alexandra Avenue. The Searchlight Cafe is ...
Date: 17 March 2010
Image ID MLD_ESP_021
133. Early spring and the beach is quiet. Traditional beach huts, by the bottom of Fairhaven Avenue.
Date: 17 March 2010
Image ID MLD_ESP_023
134. Mersea History Walk 19.
The cover over St Peter's Well - a Millennium project by the West Mersea Town Council.
St Peter's Well supplied water to ...
Date: 19 May 2006
Image ID MLD_HWK_021
135. Mersea History Walk 23.
Pathway across the marsh from Coast Road to the beach wearing away many marsh plants.
Date: 29 July 2006
Image ID MLD_HWK_025
136. Boating Lake aerial view, with south at the top. Broomhills Road along left side and Prince Albert Road along the bottom. Only one house on east side of ...
Image ID MLD_LAK_165
137. Beach by the monkey steps. Large pile of seaweed. Another copy of this postcard is postmarked 7 August 1912
Date: Before August 1912
Image ID MMC_P1002_052
138. New Boating Lake at West Mersea - This lake has been formed by the enterprise of Mr E.B. Gray. It is suitable for small flat-bottomed boats and also for model ...
Date: 2 June 1933
Image ID MMC_P1154B_001
139. Looking towards Buzz'n from Monkey Beach. Another copy of this postcard was mailed 19 August 1920
Date: Before August 1920
Image ID MMC_P202_003
140. Looking across St. Peter's Meadow to the beach and fisherman's hard, from Coast Road. Hove Creek comes in bottom right. There is a line of barbed wire just ...
Image ID MMC_P452
141. West Mersea beach. The diving tower can be seen - it was off the end of Alexandra Avenue and lasted until WW2.
Image ID MMC_P753_A_008
142. MICHALAKIS on the mud at West Mersea.
Essex County Standard photograph
Date: c15 February 1958
Image ID MMC_P753_E
143. Orleans Cottage, West Mersea, with the church beyond. Kings Hard in the foreground.
W.H. Tilston's Series postcard.
Image ID MMC_P755_067
144. Mersea Beach
Image ID MMC_P755_072
145. Mersea beach. PG2_087 is the same picture, less heavily cropped.
Image ID MMC_P755_074
146. The Monkey Beach, West Mersea. Another copy of this postcard is postmarked 14 August 1908.
Date: Before August 1908
Image ID MMC_P755_092
147. Beach at the bottom of Seaview Avenue. The house on the right is Shameen, later Brazil House.
Postcard thought to be by Hammond, which would date it around ...
Image ID MMC_P755_137
148. The Beach looking towards Seaview Avenue. Postcard 84662.
Image ID MMC_P755_140
149. Beach - 1950s ?
Image ID MMC_P762_O
150. View from Orleans - Kings Hard, Buzz'n Creek, Monkey Steps. Postcard 84669.
Image ID MMC_P870_B