151. A group, mostly oystermen, relaxing on the green in front of Stone House at West Mersea Hard. The coach is a Bluebird coach from Tiptree - VX1071 ?
Image ID RG27_535
152. Steam roller in Copt Hall Lane, Little Wigborough. It is from J. White, Great Leighs.
Image ID RTC_101
153. Steam roller in Copt Hall Lane, Little Wigborough. It is from J. White, Great Leighs, Essex and looks immaculate. Gladys Ratcliffe is in charge.
Image ID RTC_103
154. Baker's delivery cart. M.O. Smith.
Image ID RUD_002_013
155. G.W. Rudlin Carrier, West Mersea. Driver is Arthur Death ex Digby's, who worked for George Rudlin. The Rudlin's first motorised carrier cart - the vehicle is a ...
Image ID RUD_MIS_001
156. First shop on Mersea, owned by Sam White in Mill Road (opposite Free Church). The butcher on the right is Frank Rust. Frank was born c1865, dating this photo to ...
Image ID SAYE_003
157. Smith family baker's delivery cart. Herbert Marrow ?
Image ID SD01_005_001
158. Marge Smith's Austin 7. VW6270
Image ID SD03_012_003
159. Thought to be Eva Smith and Eve Bagworth during the 1914-18 War. Behind - looks like the Nook, High Street, West Mersea. William Cock lived here later.
Image ID SD03_066_005
160. A Primrose bus with a Berry's bus behind and the first taxi on the Island, taken outside the White Hart, West Mersea.
The taxi is 'Hoppy' Hewes's Model T ...
Image ID SFR_280
161. Banks family - oysters. In the background on Coast Road, is an L.N.E.R. lorry - a regular visitor to take the oysters to Colchester. Fred Banks throwing the ...
Date: Before 1939
Image ID SHB_014
162. One of the earliest photographs we have of the island. Stackie barge KEEBLE and Mr Underwood's carrier's cart on the Strood, Mersea Island. There were many ...
Image ID SS010061
163. Unloading Kent bricks from barge RUSSELL on the Hard at Mersea. The barge ahead is unloading timber. It is the GOLDEN FLEECE, a Colchester barge.
Image ID SS050025
164. HK 5085 - a Primrose Buses' Mersea charabanc in Stanwell Street by the Roman wall. Before the St John's Street bus park was opened in 1926, buses stood outside ...
Date: Before 1926
Image ID SS050027
165. Kelvedon - the line to Tollesbury with the main Colchester to London line behind it. G.E.R. 0-6-0 tank locomotive.
The 10.35am mixed train from Kelvedon to ...
Date: 9 April 1910
Image ID SS050046
166. Charlie Ward's carrier's van outside the White Hart at Mersea. Had your Guinness today ? The White Hart Hotel has ales from Daniell & Sons Ltd.
Date: June 1955
Image ID SS050054
167. First National bus at the bus terminus, West Mersea. Behind is Mersea Island Community Association MICA, built on the site of the old Bus Station. Bus P501MNO ...
Date: 2 June 2006
Image ID TM1_0011
168. First National bus at the terminus outside the MICA, West Mersea. T654SSF was built new for First Essex in 1999 - a Wrights bodied Scania L94UB. The service is ...
Date: 6 October 2011
Image ID TM2_6172
169. Network Colchester ran the Evening and Sunday ECC sponsored services to Mersea for a few years. HX51LRK at the terminus in Mersea High Street.
Date: 15 April 2012
Image ID TM2_6369
170. 75 bus service returns to Mersea. Eastern National VNO859 outside MICA in West Mersea. This was once the bus station on Mersea. VNO859 dates from 1953 and was ...
Date: 17 August 2013
Image ID TM3_4908
171. The 176 shoppers' bus on a Monday morning travels to Tesco at Highwoods via Peldon, Wigborough Kings Head, Layer de la Haye, Gosbecks, Stanway Tollgate, Lexden ...
Date: 24 August 2015
Image ID TM6_20459
172. Hedingham bus waiting at West Mersea with the 63 service to Colchester Mason Road via Peldon. YN06JYE.
The 63 service was extended to West Mersea from ...
Date: 26 February 2018
Image ID TM7_0537
173. Early bus, taxi and charabanc outside the White Hart in Mersea. The landlord is A.H. Went - Arthur Went was landlord from 1895 to about 1931.
The card was ...
Image ID VDW_003
174. By the pond, Fen Farm, East Mersea
Image ID WLD_FEN_027
175. Arthur and Ellen [Lord ?]
Image ID WLD_OPA_091
176. Guy Titford dairy cart from Barfield Road. Guy Titford was a relative of Janet Woodward [RG].
Image ID WOO_ABM_081
177. London & Clacton-on-Sea Karrier charabanc HK5085 belonging to Primrose Buses at Stanwell Street, Colchester. Driver Bert Green.
Image ID WOO_BUS_003
178. Primrose bus outside the White Hart at West Mersea
Image ID WOO_BUS_005
179. Charabanc HK7194. Bob Woodward is on the left. Note the individual windscreens.
Photograph in Stanwell Street, Colchester. The tall wall is round St John's ...
Image ID WOO_BUS_015
180. Primrose bus HK5195. Bob Woodward on the left.
Image ID WOO_BUS_021