751. Layer de la Haye Mill
Image ID LDH_MLL_001
Added 2020-09-23 08:41:24
752. Layer de la Haye - World War 1 survivors
Top Row: L-R Stan Curtis, Sidney Porter, A Green, Fred Curtis, Robert Demmant
Front Row: L-R
Wilfred Allen, ...
Image ID LDH_WW1_005
Added 2020-09-23 08:24:12
753. Dedication of War Cross at Layer de la Haye
See linkres,id=LDH_WW1_001; for transcription.
Date: 28 October 1917
Image ID LDH_WW1_003
Added 2020-09-23 08:17:16
754. Three generations of French family. Edward John French born 1867, Oswald Albert French born 1892, and Gordon Oswald French born 1924.
Image ID FRC_003_003
Added 2020-09-22 13:39:11
755. Gordon Oswald French born 1924, with his mother Lucy Maud née Gulson.
Image ID FRC_003_001
Added 2020-09-22 13:36:36
756. Home Guard at Wings for Victory Parade
Oswald French is thought to be in the Front Rank on the left.
Date: 23 May 1943
Image ID FRC_002_011
Added 2020-09-22 13:33:39
757. Marriage of Oswald Albert French and Lucy Maud Gulson.
Image ID FRC_002_009
Added 2020-09-22 13:31:52
758. Oswald Albert French outside his Boot and Shoe Shop in Kingsland Road, West Mersea.
Image ID FRC_002_007
Added 2020-09-22 13:30:15
759. Oswald Albert French born 1892. Before WW1 Oswald left Mersea for Canada 'to make his fortune'. At the outbreak of WW1 he enlisted in the Canadian Expeditionary ...
Image ID FRC_002_005
Added 2020-09-22 13:28:33
760. Oswald Albert French born 1892, only child of Edward and Selina French.
Before WW1 Oswald left Mersea for Canada 'to make his fortune', and
Image ID FRC_002_003
Added 2020-09-22 13:27:25
761. Oswald Albert French born 1892, only child of Edward and Selina French. Photograph taken in Canada before WW1.
Image ID FRC_002_001
Added 2020-09-22 13:24:26
762. Edward John French 1867 - 1951.
Image ID FRC_001_009
Added 2020-09-22 13:20:14
763. Edward John French born 1867.
Image ID FRC_001_005
Added 2020-09-22 13:15:36
764. Selena Mary French née Corder, born 1871.
Image ID FRC_001_003
Added 2020-09-22 13:14:32
765. Selena Mary French née Corder, born 1871. she married Edward John French.
Image ID FRC_001_001
Added 2020-09-22 13:09:44
766. Smack 349CK SYBIL on the Hard at West Mersea. Photo 105192.
Built Aldous, Brightlingsea, 1901 for Charles Chatters. 27 June 1932 sold to Edwin Chatters, ...
Image ID CHS_SYB_005
Added 2020-09-17 13:21:57
767. Smack 349CK SYBIL
Built Aldous, Brightlingsea, 1901 for Charles Chatters. 27 June 1932 sold to Edwin Chatters, John Chatters & Percy Arthur Chatters ...
Image ID CHS_SYB_003
Added 2020-09-17 13:18:38
768. Smack SYBIL 349CK [ CK349 ].
Built Aldous, Brightlingsea, 1901 for Charles Chatters. 27 June 1932 sold to Edwin Chatters, John Chatters & Percy Arthur ...
Image ID CHS_SYB_001
Added 2020-09-17 13:14:26
769. Thorrington Village Hall and bowling green between the war.
Image ID TBM_TTN_007
Added 2020-09-13 16:03:30
770. Reverend Sam Norton. Rector of East Mersea, West Mersea, Peldon, Great and Little Wigborough, 2003 - 2018. After leaving Mersea, he became Vicar of Partend and ...
Image ID WMC_REC_001
Added 2020-09-13 10:52:52
771. Fish factory ship ARCTIC QUEEN owned by Hellyer Bros. of Hull. She was formerly Lamport & Holt VASARI. Later sold to Russia, she was not broken up until ...
Image ID IA01_SHP_013
Added 2020-09-13 10:27:49
772. S.S. VASARI at New York. Lamport & Holt Line between New York, Brazil and River Plate.
VASARI was laid up in the River Blackwater 7 Feb 1928 to 12 March ...
Image ID IA01_SHP_011
Added 2020-09-13 10:16:27
773. Thomas John Ward at the wheel of a barge in the 1940s. Tom was born in Latchingdon 1876 and then lived Stanford-le-Hope. He was a Licensed Lighterman on the ...
Image ID RMW_003
Added 2020-09-11 16:45:27
774. Brick barge at Isleworth on the River Thames. Tom Ward extreme left. The Ward family have an embroidery of the Eastwoods barge KAPPA and Tom was skipper of the ...
Image ID RMW_001
Added 2020-09-11 16:41:16
775. Bricks and Brickies by F.G. Willmott page 60.
47. IOTA as a houseboat at Old Windsor, 1972
Some of Eastwoods barges laid up Otterham 1948.: KAPPA, ...
Image ID MBK_BBS_074
Added 2020-09-11 16:02:43
776. Aerial view of Layer de la Haye, looking north. The Cross is on the right and road to Birch across the screen. Water treatment works along the bottom.
Image ID LDH_AER_005
Added 2020-09-09 13:47:52
777. Layer de la Haye aerial view. Looking north, the Cross bottom left. School centre left.
Image ID LDH_AER_003
Added 2020-09-09 13:45:39
778. A.E. Bullock stores and Post Office, Layer de la Haye
Originally the shop was owned by George Bullock.
It then passed to his son, Arthur George ...
Image ID LDH_SAB_001
Added 2020-09-09 08:11:07
779. Thought to be a Layer de la Haye School Group
Centre Row L-R 4th is Bewers, 8th Joy Curry
Image ID LDH_SCH_011
Added 2020-09-06 06:40:58
780. Charity Pram Race - photograph at Layer Cross Roads.
Dave Austin, Dicky Dair, S. Yearling, Frank Milligan
Behind the contestants in front of Forge ...
Image ID LDH_CPR_001
Added 2020-09-06 06:25:30