751. Annie and Cecil French, and daughter Mary. Photograph from Ruth Livingston.
Image ID MFP_023
Added 2020-04-17 21:13:06
752. Joan and Mary French
Photograph from Ruth Livingston
Image ID MFP_021
Added 2020-04-17 21:09:30
753. Olivers Farm - view from the footbridge over the Roman River looking north.
Image ID CLN_013
Added 2020-04-16 18:43:18
754. Footbridge over the Roman River on the track from Birch Wood to Olivers Farm
Image ID CLN_011
Added 2020-04-16 18:40:01
755. The Pub with No Name, Easthorpe.
Image ID CLN_009
Added 2020-04-16 18:37:36
756. Two Sugars Cafe - a former gun emplacement on Victoria Esplanade, West Mersea. Constructed c1940. The rendering was removed, showing the brick construction ...
Date: 15 November 2012
Image ID TM2_6949
Added 2020-04-16 18:15:11
757. Layer de la Haye commemoration of the end of WW1.
Photograph from Mrs Chambers - her husband Adam is the soldier behind the cross.
Date: November 2018
Image ID CLN_007
Added 2020-04-02 16:05:30
758. Wayside Cottage, Peldon, showing earthquake damage.
Date: cMay 1884
Image ID PH01_EQK_005
Added 2020-03-31 14:29:42
759. Plaque attached to Wayside Cottage, Peldon
This building was severely damaged in the Essex Earthquake 22 April 1884
The Rural Community Council of ...
Date: 22 April 1884
Image ID PH01_EQK_003
Added 2020-03-31 14:26:35
760. Hearsum's shop at the side of the St Johns Street bus park in Colchester. This is on the west side of the bus park.
L-R a busman, Robert Hearsum - Bob's ...
Date: Before 1939
Image ID RG25_621
Added 2020-03-29 10:33:12
761. View from Layer Breton Causeway, when the Reservoir was low in 1997.
Image ID PH01_ARV_017
Added 2020-03-22 21:22:19
762. Sand barge sunk off East Mersea. By the wreck of the Lowlands. The tug is TOM JAY - built 1948 by Richards, Lowestoft. 67grt. 415bhp 4x102bhp Gardner diesel ...
Date: After 1977
Image ID RSM_GUN_005
Added 2020-03-14 15:09:59
763. Sponsored walk in aid of Radio Colchester - Hospital Radio, at West Mersea. Passing the Parish Church.
Original photo source not known - reference 12029 ...
Image ID RSM_GUN_001
Added 2020-03-14 14:58:15
764. West Mersea Practice Surgery in Kingsland Road. Built as a community project funded by shares bought by supporters. Opened 29 August 1979.
A brief ...
Date: 8 November 2009
Image ID MPUB_SUR_007_001
Added 2020-03-13 19:51:49
765. Mandeville in Willoughby Avenue - the first house on Mersea for the Bush family. Formerly the home of Beryl Wish who was married to Captain Wish. The house was ...
Date: December 2009
Image ID MPUB_SUR_003_001
Added 2020-03-13 17:28:07
766. Boats on Peter Clarke's slipway, West Mersea.
Second from the left is SCEPTRE, originally a ship's lifeboat, and for many years a workboat for Clarke & ...
Date: 4 August 2019
Image ID TM8_0486
Added 2020-03-09 09:59:50
767. World War 1 Memorial Soldiers and Sailors at Mersea Museum. 51 soldiers and sailors were displayed along the Strood for a year from 11th November 2018, ...
Date: 7 March 2020
Image ID DIS2020_SOL_005
Added 2020-03-07 19:41:07
768. West Mersea Parish Church - fitting the new clock face. S. Michlmayr & Co., Norwich.
Date: Feb 2005
Image ID PAT_2005_CHC_011
Added 2020-03-07 16:56:34
769. West Mersea Parish Church - fitting the new clock face. S. Michlmayr & Co., Norwich.
Date: Feb 2005
Image ID PAT_2005_CHC_009
Added 2020-03-07 16:53:33
770. West Mersea Parish Church - Bill Norman and the new clock face.
Date: Feb 2005
Image ID PAT_2005_CHC_007
Added 2020-03-07 16:52:28
771. West Mersea Parish Church - replacing the clock face. S. Michlmayr & Co., Norwich.
Date: Feb 2005
Image ID PAT_2005_CHC_003
Added 2020-03-07 16:47:53
772. Letter to Ernest Stephen Appleton from Thomas Belt of Newcastle. Ernest was crew on yacht SAUNTERER and Thomas Belt was the owner.
Date: 13 October 1937
Image ID PBIB_APP_053
Added 2020-03-04 20:37:12
773. Yacht WESTWIND - Ernest Appleton was the Mate.
Cutter WESTWIND 123306 Built Camper & Nicholson, Gosport, 1906 owner Percy Ashton, London [ LRY 1914 ...
Image ID PBIB_APP_014
Added 2020-03-04 20:23:34
774. Sailing barges at Hythe Quay, Colchester. An old postcad before many of the wharves were built.
Image ID IA01_975
Added 2020-02-25 14:46:26
775. The Plough Inn, Peldon. Photograph with Xmas Wishes from Kit and Ern. Taken Sept 1900 by E.E.S.
Date: September 1900
Image ID RG25_625
Added 2020-02-22 17:44:08
776. West Mersea Parish Church - altar. Date unknown.
Image ID JKE_WMP_001
Added 2020-02-22 15:03:53
777. Reverend and Mrs East. Revd. East was at East Mersea 1957 to 1973 and West Mersea from 1957 to 1971.
Image ID CHS_061
Added 2020-02-22 14:36:39
778. A Ponder Wedding at Shrub End
Back L-R 1. Winifred Ponder (Diane's mother), 2. Diane Ponder, 5. Irene Ponder, 6. Ernest Ponder (Diane's father), 8. Edith ...
Image ID TLR_PDR_063
Added 2020-02-21 17:07:07
779. A Ponder Wedding at Shrub End Church - thought to be Jack Ponder to Patricia Viney.
Also on photograph Winifred Ponder, Diane Ponder, Irene Ponder, Ernest ...
Image ID TLR_PDR_061
Added 2020-02-21 16:58:39
780. JULIA on launch day at Wyatt's boatyard. Cassell French with bike on left.
Image ID IA02_143
Added 2020-02-18 21:45:24