91. White Hart, High Street
Image ID MMC_P1004_005
92. Yorick Road looking east, c1920. Shops on the right display "Lending Library", "Covent Garden Stores", "Eat More Fruit". The small wooden shop right of the ...
Image ID MMC_P405_002
93. Seaview Avenue. Postcard 101930. Ron thinks this is probably before 1930 as electric poles were put down the right hand side of the road then.
Another copy ...
Date: Before July 1929
Image ID MMC_P405_013
94. Queens Corner from Upland House.
Image ID MMC_P753_A_007
95. Seaview Avenue from the beach. Brazil House on the right. At this time, Victoria Esplanade had not been built, but there is a sign post to the left saying ...
Image ID MMC_P753_A_020
96. Bungalow on the north side of Upland Road close to the junction with Kingsland Road. It is still there, but now has neighbours .
Image ID MMC_P753_A_030
97. Ancient Order of Foresters arch over Barfield Road for the Jubilee. "A.O.F. Salutes the Sailor King" on the shield. The ice cream man is cycling through the ...
Date: cMay 1935
Image ID MMC_P753_A_051
98. Post Office and Cock's butchers at Yorick Road Corner. War Memorial Garden on right. Wash's Tea Rooms behind the War Memorial were to be destroyed by fire.
Image ID MMC_P755_038
99. Lower Kingsland Road, West Mersea, in the days before it was made up.
Image ID MMC_P755_047
100. Barfield Road, West Mersea. School on the left, looking towards the British Legion. White's Series postcard.
Image ID MMC_P755_051
101. Kingsland Road
Image ID MMC_P755_052
102. East Road, West Mersea. Another copy of this card was posted 1 November 1906
Date: Before November 1906
Image ID MMC_P755_053
103. West Mersea Church and Post Office. Church Road.
Another copy of this card was mailed 23 October 1906.
Date: Before October 1906
Image ID MMC_P755_080
104. St Peter's Road looking South East in the 1920s. Millie Mole's house is on the left. She was a local nurse and many Mersea people were born in this house. ...
Image ID MMC_P755_087
105. Chapel Road, later Mill Road, West Mersea. Another copy of this card was mailed 19 October 1904
Date: Before October 1904
Image ID MMC_P755_128
106. Mill Road, looking north towards Colchester Road. 1930s ? Postcard 141544.
Image ID MMC_P755_129
107. Seaview Avenue car park late, 1920s?
Image ID MMC_P755_142
108. "Fairhaven Harbour". Fairhaven Avenue looking down to the sea. Postcard 14386.
Image ID MMC_P755_143
109. Kingsland Road. West Mersea No.26.
Image ID MMC_P755_145
110. Kingsland Road. Bungalow on the right is Port Arthur, built for A.W. Berry.
Smart's Drapers and Cook's Paper Shop at the end facing camera.
Image ID MMC_P755_146
111. Barfield Road with the 'old' council houses on the left. Beyond them is Bamborough's, chemists - there is still a chemist on the site. The big shed on the right ...
Date: Before 1935
Image ID MMC_P756_A
112. Kingsland Road. Petrol pumps on the left. Postcard sent to Miss Smith, Upland House from A.W. & E.B. Berry 18 Jan 1943.
Date: Before 1943
Image ID MMC_P756_G
113. Bus at Queens Corner. Clifford White sign on shop wall.
Image ID MMC_P854_C
114. West Mersea High Street No.17
Image ID MSP_001
115. Mill Road, looking south towards the Fountain.
Image ID MST_OPA_011
116. George V Jubilee Arch over High Street. Twenty Five Years at the Helm. Clark Mussett outside Brassy's. Mr Jim Mussett on back.
Date: May 1935
Image ID MST_OPA_027
117. Coronation Arch. Mersea Island Sea Cadet Corps.
From David Mussett photo album.
Date: June 1953
Image ID MST_SCC_101
118. Sea Cadet Band at first Armistice Day Parade, outside Legion Hall in Barfield Road.
Names from Owen Fletcher: L-R 1. Brian Jay, 2. John Telford, 3. Keith ...
Image ID OPA_BIS_007
119. Sea Cadets in Mill Road.
Image ID OPA_BIS_010
120. Sea Cadet Band - High Street North by Griffon Garage.
Image ID OZO_101