61. From Your loving Grandson Archie. 1916.
Archibald George Oliver (born Swansea 1897) nephew of Emily Brown (née Oliver).
Service number ...
Image ID DB11_021
62. "With Best Love, Sid. 8:3:17"
[1918 Absent Voter list gives Sidney Stoker as 87829 Pte., 11th King's Liverpools]
Date: 8 March 1917
Image ID DB13_019
63. World War 1 Memorial Soldiers and Sailors at Mersea Museum. 51 soldiers and sailors were displayed along the Strood for a year from 11th November 2018, ...
Date: 7 March 2020
Image ID DIS2020_SOL_005
64. Horace Mole on the right. Left unknown. Photograph by A.L. West & Co., Winchester.
Stephen Horace Mole was in 2nd Battalion 'The Rifles' (The Prince ...
Image ID DPR_001
65. Horace Mole. Stephen Horace Mole was in 2nd Battalion 'The Rifles' (The Prince Consorts Own ), Rfn 3581, enlisted 30 December 1909 and discharged 2 February ...
Image ID DPR_003
66. Harold Leighton Procter.
The Jan 1918 Absent Voters list has Harold as a Midshipman on HMS ARROGANT.
The 1919 list has him as a Sub Lieutenant on ...
Image ID DPR_005
67. 1st batch of Wounded with Drs and Nurses and Staff. Middx Homel Clacton.
[Middlesex Military War Hospital]
Date: 23 September 1914
Image ID DW14_001
68. Middlesex Military War Hospital, Clacton. Ploughing the lawns - nurses at work and officers watching.
Photograph probably by Douglas Went, but published by ...
Image ID DW14_003
69. Middlesex Military War Hospital, Clacton.
Image ID DW14_005
70. Middlesex Military War Hospital, Clacton. Ploughing the lawns.
Image ID DW14_007
71. Middlesex Military War Hospital, Clacton. Ploughing the lawns
Image ID DW14_009
72. Middlesex Military War Hospital, Clacton.
Image ID DW14_011
73. Middlesex Military War Hospital, Clacton.
Image ID DW14_013
74. Middlesex Military War Hospital, Clacton ?
Image ID DW14_017
75. WW1 soldiers lined up, with an impressive row of vehicles behind them.
Image ID DW14_019
76. Nurses and soldiers - at Middlesex Military War Hospital, Clacton ?
Image ID DW14_021
77. WW1 Army Lorry. L18..
Image ID DW14_023
78. WW1 wounded soldiers and nurses in a trench. The story behind this is not known. At Middlesex Military War Hospital, Clacton ?
Image ID DW14_025
79. Pressented by "The Kaiser" 12th Sep 1915.
Date: 12 September 1915
Image ID DW14_027
80. Brightlingsea Nov. 1918. Armistice Parade ?
Date: November 1918
Image ID DW14_029
81. Souvenir de Salonique [Salonica in Greece]
Image ID DW14_031
82. One of the gondolas of Zeppelin L33 which came down on Little Wigborough September 1916. A portion of the superstructure has been cut away: originally it ...
Date: c24 September 1916
Image ID EAM_1953_003_P285_001
83. Frederick Bertrand Harnack RSMA God Bless Him. 17 yrs London Rifle Brigade stretcher bearer, RNVR Lt at 45 in 1942.
Used in Fid Harnack RSMA, published by ...
Image ID FID_003_055
84. Army at Port Bower on Yorick Road during WW1. L-R Gert French, Ethel French, Billy French, Alice Hewes, Norah French (née Gant) Bert French.
Mr & ...
Image ID FL02_046_002
85. "Wartime" 1917 Mersea Isle. Snuffy Cornelius's cycle shop on Kingsland Road, now RST Motors.
Frank Cornelius, Mabel Tiffin (lived over the road in what in ...
Image ID FL02_058_001
86. Ernie Mussett, 1919, Iraq. He worked for Appleby the Mersea butcher.
From Album 3.
Image ID FL03_025_001
87. Mr Henry Pullen, brother of Mrs Tom 'Boss' Mole. Killed in action 1914/18 War.
Henry William Pullen was born 1877, son of Henry William and Julia ...
Image ID FL05_028_003
88. Mersea Seed Growers in WW1, outside Bocking Hall.
L-R 1. Lucy Hoy, 2., 3. Tot Green née Hewes (Heck's mother), 4. ?, 5. Mable Benns, 6., ...
Image ID FL10_029_001
89. Mr Fred Sales, father of Reg, Tom, Alfred, Walter and Doris. Fred was a farrier on the Island.
From Album 10.
Image ID FL10_043_001
90. Oswald Albert French born 1892. Before WW1 Oswald left Mersea for Canada 'to make his fortune'. At the outbreak of WW1 he enlisted in the Canadian Expeditionary ...
Image ID FRC_002_005