61. Roman in-waders landing on the Hard, West Mersea - Welcome by the Natives.
E.A. Fitch. Sam Mussett, F.C. Gould [The Artist], A.D. Doughty, A.C. Freeman, ...
Image ID MMC_P1060C
62. White Hart
Image ID MMC_P668_035
63. The Old City with the Victory centre left and Cornerways on the right at the bottom of the Lane. Cornerways was later reduced in height. Carriage at the bottom ...
Date: Before July 1906
Image ID MMC_P755_013
64. The Victory, West Mersea. The new Victory was built further up Coast Road c1906.
Postcard by F. Artis, Dedham, No.50. Another copy of this card was mailed ...
Date: Before October 1904
Image ID MMC_P755_015
65. Victory Hotel, West Mersea. Bawley on the right is NANCY of Mersea.
Bawley is the PRIMA DONNA ? (JM) owned by Dornton Duff
Postcard 14382. Copy P870-I of ...
Date: Before September 1924
Image ID MMC_P755_032
66. The new Victory Hotel - a Cleghorn postcard. Landlord Bill Trim to the right of the front door ?
Image ID MMC_P755_033
67. "Our Wants Supplied". Great Eastern Railway bus F1610 outside the White Hart, West Mersea. Jack Saye says that the conductor standing in front of the bus is ...
Date: Before July 1906
Image ID MMC_P755_078
68. The White Hart, church railings on the left. Church Road beyond.
Image ID MMC_P755_079
69. White Hart, West Mersea. Lorry bus from The Mersea Engineering and Transport Co. Ltd [Primrose buses].
Image ID MMC_P755_083
70. The White Hart Hotel did not always look half timbered. It is difficult to date this photograph - Berry's bus LC7804 was in service with them 1906 to July 1922. ...
Date: Before July 1922
Image ID MMC_P755_084
71. Dog and Pheasant, East Mersea - a Cleghorn postcard.
Licensee C. Wopling. C. & W.R. Seabrooke's Fine Pale and Mild Ales and Porter.
Cart on the left ...
Image ID MMC_P755_107
72. The old Fountain, near the Fox on East Road. It is now Alpine Cottages. Licensee Mary Ann Smith.
Photo by Cleghorn.
Image ID MMC_P755_120
73. East Road - the Fox in the distance and the old Fountain on the right, now Alpine Cottages. The Fountain licensee is Mary Anne Smith. Cleghorn postcard. Another ...
Date: Before September 1905
Image ID MMC_P755_144
74. A Berry bus LC7804 passing the Fountain, Queens Corner. Daniell & Sons, Fine Ales and Stout. Licensee Edith Smith. M.O. Smith has the shop on the ...
Date: Before July 1922
Image ID MMC_P755_152
75. The Fountain. Licensee Edith Smith.
Image ID MMC_P755_154
76. Public Bar in the White Hart
1. Ike King 2. Billy Mole 3. ? 4. Bill Jenkins 5. May Milgate 6. Becky (Mannassah) D'Wit (seated) 7. Chicks Milgate 8. ? ...
Image ID PAM_001
77. Snowball, Mr Trim, Chicks Milgate. Outside the Victory.
Image ID PAM_061
78. View from Church Tower, West Mersea to White Hart and looking north up High Street. The open space just right of centre became the Primrose and later Eastern ...
Date: Before 1911
Image ID PG2_127
79. East Mersea Dog and Pheasant, before the new part was added to the front in the 1920s. The sign on the front says C. & W. R. Seabrook's Fine Pale & Mild Ales & ...
Date: Before 1915
Image ID PG2_217
80. The Dog and Pheasant, East Mersea. C. & W.R. Seabrooke's fine pale and mild ales and porter. Landlord J.H. Death.
Postcard mailed 18 August 1918
Date: Before August 1918
Image ID PG2_221
81. Victory Hotel, West Mersea, from houseboats. Dutch yacht in front of hotel. The Victory Dance Hall can be seen on the east side of the hotel.
Date: Before September 1929
Image ID PG2_311
82. Victory - Old City. An early photograph of the Victory.
Date: Before 1900
Image ID PUL_OPA_001
83. Peldon Rose. The name over the door is George Pullen. George and Jane Pullen ran the Rose from about 1880 to 1909 when George died. Jane continued to run it ...
Date: Before 1910
Image ID PUL_OPA_117
84. White Hart Hotel, West Mersea, decorated for Coronation of King George VI.
Date: cMay 1937
Image ID RFX_003
85. Victory Lane West Mersea. Looking down The Lane with the Ship Public House on the right.
The 1881 1891 Census list George Aldous at the Ship Inn, along ...
Date: Before May 1909
Image ID RG030111
86. Country Magazine No. 146 "Isle of Mersea". BBC Home Service. Outside Broadcast from White Hart.
People named on photograph: Ralph Wightman who presented ...
Date: 30 November 1947
Image ID RG03_CMG_001
87. Group standing outside the Victory. Centre is Mrs Trim [Alice Trim née Alice Chatters] and to the right of her Bill Trim, holding gar fish.
Image ID RG04_060
88. D'Wits Tea and Oyster Rooms, West Mersea. White Hart on the left. Looking across the corner of Yorick Road - now the Cock's butchers. Postcard published by T ...
Image ID RG11_217
89. Old Fountain East Road. Tom Saye & Frank Hyham with horses. The girls on the bench are Dolley Green, Gertie Lilley, Georgie Boggis & sister Empsie. Mr Boggis ...
Image ID RG11_325
90. Peldon Rose. The name over the pub door is Jane Pullen. The wagon on the right is from the Co-operative Society. Postcard mailed 11 August 1910.
Date: Before August 1910
Image ID RG11_401