61. Hunt outside Peldon Rose. Carlsberg. Adnams Ales.
Date: cDecember 1990
Image ID LH59_006
62. After the earthquake - Peldon Church.
Date: After 22 April 1884
Image ID LH61_002
63. Peldon Rose Inn after the earthquake
Date: cMay 1884
Image ID LH61_005
64. Peldon. 25 inch Ordnance Survey Map published 1897 XXXV1.16. Village centre across to Peet Hall.
[Misc035/MAP_OS1897_PEL_001.jpg is Lower Road zoomed.]
Image ID MAP_OS1897_PEL
65. St Mary the Virgin Parish Church Peldon by Rev. A.W. Gough opposite page 8
Church and people: a monthly Family service
Electric Heating has been ...
Date: After 1964
Image ID MBK_PEL_011
66. St Mary the Virgin Parish Church Peldon by Rev. A.W. Gough opposite page 9.
The Norman Door to the Church Tower c1400.
Image ID MBK_PEL_012
67. The Rev. D. Lindsay Johnson, M.A., Rector of Peldon 1895 - 1911.
From St Mary the Virgin Peldon by Rev. A.W. Gough opposite page 24.
Image ID MBK_PEL_029_001
68. The Rev. E.G. Bowring, M.A. Rector of Peldon 1911 - 1930.
From "St Mary the Virgin Peldon" by Rev. A.W. Gough opposite page 24
Image ID MBK_PEL_029_002
69. Peldon Church Interior c1912 showing the old chancel and oil lamps. Postcard 83143.
From "St Mary the Virgin Church Peldon" by Rev. A.W. Gough ...
Image ID MBK_PEL_029_003
70. View from the Church Porch - Peldon
From "St Mary the Virgin Church Peldon" by Rev. A.W. Gough opposite page 25.
Image ID MBK_PEL_030
71. Peldon School House. It was on the east end of the school. We do not know the people or the date of the picture. The damage in the brickwork that has been ...
Image ID MCH_005
72. Percy Christmas from Purlu bottom row, second from left.
Image ID MCH_013
73. After the 1953 flood. The main Colchester - Mersea Road was impassable for most of the week at Pete Tye where water returned to the site of a bridge long since ...
Date: 6 February 1953
Image ID MF01_001_040
74. Peldon Home Guard photographed outside the Peldon Rose.
No.3 (Peldon) Platoon - D Coy. - 18th. BN. Essex Home Guard
June 1940 - December ...
Date: cDecember 1944
Image ID MMC_P668_001
75. Peldon Church - a postcard by Hammond of Great Totham..
For a history of the church, see ...
Image ID MMC_P755_112
76. Peldon Steam Mill and Windmill, looking towards the Rose Inn. Posted to Miss Smith at the Fountain, West Mersea - it has no date on it.
The windmill was ...
Date: Before 1900.
Image ID MMC_P755_117
77. Peldon Rose in wartime.
Image ID OFH_005_003
78. Peldon School Centenary 1833-1933. Sent to Jean Ponder from Miss A.P. Tyrer, June 1933 - see OJR_002 for the back and OJR_003 for an unnumbered copy.
Date: June 1933
Image ID OJR_001
79. Peldon School Centenary 1833-1933. Sent to Jean Ponder from Miss A.P. Tyrer, June 1933 - see OJR_002 for the back and OJR_001 for an unnumbered copy.
Date: June 1933
Image ID OJR_003
80. David Wilson. 1947 and 1999
Image ID OOD_039_001
81. John Scales. Born 1920, son of Edward Herbert Athol Scales and Victoria Maud Scales of Peldon. He died 20 December 1943 when the Halifax bomber he was flying ...
Image ID OOD_209_001
82. Shell Bungalow, Peldon
Image ID PAM_029
83. Sarah Smith née Talbot was born in 1827 and baptised in Peldon Church. The daughter of an agricultural labourer, Thomas Talbot, and his wife Sarah ...
Image ID PCN_001
84. This family photo was taken circa 1909. The father and mother are Thomas Absalom Smith and Deborah Rittie Annie Smith née Traylor. Both were born in ...
Image ID PCN_003
85. Lance Corporal Roland Job Smith of 1st Essex Regiment in WW1 was born on 9th August 1897 and died in 1963. His parents were Thomas Absalom Smith and Deborah ...
Image ID PCN_005
86. Deborah Rittie Annie Smith née Traylor 1864 - 1942. Born in Peldon, she married Thomas Absalom Smith in 1890, an agricultural labourer, also of Peldon, ...
Image ID PCN_007
87. The installation of the Lay Reader Roland Price. Roland was a post-grad student at the University of Essex and a staunch member of the CU who 'adopted' Peldon ...
Date: 16 February 1989
Image ID PEL_CHC_051
88. Sacred to the Memory of Ann Louisa Bean who died May 2 1837 aged 19 years.
Peldon Parish Church grave 142.
Date: 11 August 2019
Image ID PEL_CYD_142
89. Edgar Robert Dansie, Peldon shopkeeper.
Born Boxford, Suffolk, in 1872. Edgar married Grace Martha White from West Mersea in 1898. In 1901 he was a ...
Image ID PH01_001
90. Grace Dansie née White. Born West Mersea 1874, daughter of Samuel Cant White. She married Edgar Robert Dansie in 1898 and died in 1916.
Image ID PH01_003