31. Icy winter. Packing Shed in the distance.
Image ID HEM_OPA_125
32. Sailing barge CYGNET at Shell Bungalow, Peldon
Date: 23 May 2015
Image ID IA01_271
33. Tree stumps on the mud flats in the River Blackwater off East Mersea. Don Rainbird's feet.
Used in West Mersea Regatta Programme 2000 page 51. From a talk ...
Date: Before 2000
Image ID IM05_004
34. Red Hill, Thirslet Creek, River Blackwater. One of many in the area. The soil is a distinctive red colour, with pieces of broken pottery embedded in it.
Date: Before March 2008
Image ID IM05_017
35. Ralph's skiff. In Besom Creek, West Mersea
Date: Before March 2008
Image ID IM05_027
36. The remains of the concrete coaster MOLLIETTE off East Mersea. Taken from a video of the intertidal zone, taken on the morning of a very low tide during CITiZAN ...
Date: 31 March 2021
Image ID JP02_001_001
37. View down Salcott Creek.
Image ID KBA_CRK_015
38. High Tide at the Mersea Strood -looking southwest down the Strood Channel, with West Mersea on the left.
A negative from Bill Smith
Image ID KBC_061
39. Boats drawn up at the western end of Mersea beach, by Besom Creek. The boat in the centre is a coble - from the north east.
The houseboat ARTEMIS is ...
Date: Before 1991
Image ID LH23_288
40. Besom Creek at the western end of Mersea Island with the River Blackwater beyond. The vessel laid up in the river is thought to be WILD AUK, 9,601 tons gross, ...
Date: cAugust 1975
Image ID LH39_006
41. 1881 Ordnance Survey Map. West Mersea, Mersea Fleet, Thorn Fleet, Little Ditch, Cobmarsh Island, Besom Channel, The Ray.
Accession No. 2011-11-005C ...
Image ID MAP_1881_001
42. Mistral. Journal of the Mersea Island Society. 2007 Page 17.
Essex Salt Marshes by Mark Huges. AGM 2005
History and ecology of the salt marshes. ...
Date: March 2007
Image ID MIS_2007_019
43. Hove Creek, with Coast Road behind. Oysterman on the right with a tendle on his arm and another on the ground, wearing the canvas smock much favoured by many of ...
Date: Before 1928
Image ID MMC_L198_027
44. St Peter's Meadow from Hove Creek. GREY GULL, CK144, owned by Bunny and Bill Cook.
Date: Before 1984
Image ID MMC_P1005_003
45. View of Mersea from a boat. WOODPECKER.
12 Jan 2018 Graham Knott: WOODPECKER was Graham Wood's boat and Hoss Hoy's boat on the right. Wyatt's tug in centre ...
Image ID MMC_P369_004
46. West Mersea sunset.
Image ID MMC_P369_009
47. Looking across St. Peter's Meadow to the beach and fisherman's hard, from Coast Road. Hove Creek comes in bottom right. There is a line of barbed wire just ...
Image ID MMC_P452
48. Hove Creek and the houseboats from Hove Hill. The tall funnel of SEAHORSE can be seen - she was not in her final resting place which was nearer Coast Road.
Image ID MMC_P753_A_010
49. Rose Bank Hill, West Mersea. W.H. Tilstone's Series postcard.
Image ID MMC_P755_005
50. Hove Creek - smacksmen are setting their trawls on the marsh beside the creek, with Jim Cook senior (in white) sitting on beam. Half a dozen smacks can be seen ...
Image ID MMC_P755_017
51. Hove Creek, working on a trawl. Jim Cook Snr in white.
Image ID MMC_P755_023
52. Orleans Cottage, West Mersea, with the church beyond. Kings Hard in the foreground.
W.H. Tilston's Series postcard.
Image ID MMC_P755_067
53. Charles Cook, known as 'Tuddy' or 'Gunner') winkling off the Monkey Beach. Coast Road, Coastguard mast and the church in the background. Another copy of this ...
Date: Before June 1905
Image ID MMC_P755_091
54. "Meditation". Annie Mabel Cooke on Ray Island.
Annie Mabel Cooke was probably born 1892 and the daugher of Elijah William "Robert" Cooke and Ellen Ennew. ...
Date: Before October 1906
Image ID MMC_P755_099
55. Buzz'n from the Monkey Steps
Image ID MMC_P870_H
56. Hove Creek. "Mr Jim Mussett" is written on back. Another copy has caption "Harold Cutts aged 22-23", and yet another copy "Hove Creek - Clarke Mussett and Jack ...
Image ID MST_OPA_037
57. Barge in Thornfleet, West Mersea
Image ID MW1_OPA_067
58. A barge leaving Mersea having discharged timber on the Hard. Two packing sheds are visible on the left.
A picture from one of the slide shows run in Mersea ...
Image ID MW1_OPA_071
59. Kings Hard, West Mersea - looking towards Orleans and the Church.
Postcard from Hammond, Great Totham, addressed to Miss Evelyn Turner, Post Office, West ...
Date: Before June 1911
Image ID PG2_617
60. A walk round Mersea Island. Pyefleet Creek looking across to Pewit Island.
Date: 16 March 2012
Image ID PJH_WRM_339