31. The Church, Peldon. Postcard by S.C. White, West Mersea, not used.
Image ID CW5_103
32. Harry (Henry Augustus) Ponder. Harry lived in Hillside Cottage, Church Road, Peldon, and worked at either Copt Hall or Abbott's Wick farm. Born c1882.
Image ID DEP_051
33. Land Girls Edna Smy née Dallas, Rose, Emmy, Bunny Webb or Bunny Reynolds (tractor driver) working near Peldon Rose 1942
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_129
34. Edna Smy née Dallas. Peldon Hostel 1941. Women's Land Army.
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_130
35. Under the Plough - for the first time in history, Pete Tye Common lying between Peldon and Abberton has come under the plough.
Death of Miss A.M. ...
Date: 6 June 1942
Image ID DM1_AB3_020_005
36. Peldon. The wedding took place at the church on Monday of Miss Alice Mary Frost, third daughter of Mr & Mrs W. Frost of Peldon, with Mr Ernest Arthur Poole, ...
Date: 9 June 1933
Image ID ECR_1933_NOV09_001
37. Bucks' home up for sale at £300,000
Pete Hall, Langenhoe, the home of Colchester North MP Sir Antony Buck and his wife Judy, goes on the market today ...
Date: 4 December 1987
Image ID ECS_1987_DEC04_101
38. Manorial Rolls Part III Pete Hall Manor.
Essex Review 1942 page 90.
Date: July 1942
Image ID ERV_1942_090
39. History of the Bean Family
Sir Walter Ogilvie married Lady Mary Douglas a daughter of the Earl of Morton
Their daughter Mary< ...
Image ID FBN_003
40. History of the Bean Family Page 9.
[ Children of Alexander and Anne Bean contd ]
4. Willoughby born 19 June 1772, died at 8, Sydney Place Ba ...
Image ID FBN_021
41. History of the Bean Family 15.
[ Burton family contd. ]
8th and 9th Twins Edwin John and Harriet Emma, born 19 Nov 1802. The boy died of fever 15 ...
Image ID FBN_033
42. History of the Bean Family opposite page 22.
[ Alexander Bean contd. ]
My father was enrolled as a special Constable during the Chartist Riots in London: ...
Image ID FBN_046
43. History of the Bean Family opposite page 23.
[ Sons and daughters of Aleander and Eliza Henrietta Bean contd. ]
8. Catherine Frances Bean born 11 ...
Image ID FBN_048
44. History of the Bean Family opposite page 32.
£29,000 left by Mersea man. Mr Henry Bean of Donibee, Empress Avenue, died on 9 May aged 74. Mr Bean was ...
Image ID FBN_066
45. History of the Bean Family page 34.
[ wives of Henry John May contd ]
4th wife Mrs Green, a widow with 8 children, two of whom were Daniel and ...
Image ID FBN_071
46. History of the Bean Family opposite page 37
Thomas May's who is Lord of the Manor of Mersea & takes the great tithes, ...
Image ID FBN_076
47. Bean Family History by Willoughby John Bean
When S.E. Bean married  his friend Billy Newman was agent for W. Quincey and he turned over to S.E. Bean ...
Image ID FBP_036
48. Bean Family History by Willoughby John Bean
[S.E. Bean contd.]
and I expect he saw that the army was no use without spending money in addition to pay, ...
Image ID FBP_042
49. Arthur Polley and sons, thought to be harvesting around 1910 and working for Fairhead of Peldon. The living wagon has W.G. Fairhead Peldon on the side. Arthur ...
Image ID FHP_001
50. Peldon Plough Darts Team. Abberton Peldon District Champions.
L-R Some of the names: Jim Shepperd, Ken Warren, Alfred 'Glen' Glendenning (with glasses - ...
Image ID FL02_030_001
51. Moor Farm, Colchester Road, Peldon. At one time up to 500 Indian Runner Ducks were kept on the pond. It is now filled in.
Image ID FL03_012_001
52. Hunt meet outside Peldon Rose. On the right talking are Pearl Cross from Waldegraves Farm West Mersea and Edward Martin from Moor Farm Peldon.
From Album ...
Date: Before 1940
Image ID FL03_016_001
53. GIGANTIC RESERVOIR SCHEME
Three-Mile Lake Will Transform Colchester Country-side
ONE OF THE LARGEST IN SOUTH OF ENGLAND
Farms & ...
Date: 12 December 1934
Image ID GAZ_1934_DEC12_001
54. Impression of Great Reservoir Scheme
Two farms which will be engulfed
Left: Layer Brook - this little stream will become a mighty lake 50 feet deep. ...
Date: 12 December 1934
Image ID GAZ_1934_DEC12_101
55. Blacksmith Hill, Peldon. Hammond postcard
Image ID GWC_001
56. Peldon - outside the Plough. A boy is working the village pump and behind him is the Old Cottage, run as a shop by Clem Hyam. The Post Office is further down ...
Image ID GWC_003
57. Peldon - Thomas Wyncoll and grandchildren.
Image ID GWC_005
58. Peldon - Thomas Wyncoll and grandchild. Tom Wyncoll was Geoff's grandfather, and one of the Peldon Special Constables that arrested the Zeppelin crew.
Image ID GWC_007
59. Wedding of Kate Goody and Ernest Wyncoll. Photograph taken outside Barnard's Cottage, Peldon - home of the bride's parents.
Adults from left to right Emily ...
Date: 21 September 1935
Image ID GWC_009
60. Ernest and Kate Wyncoll had the bungalow, Goodwyn, built on the Mersea Road, Peldon, the name being an amalgam of their names Goody and Wyncoll. Later their ...
Image ID GWC_021