121. The beach in the snow - from Lower Kingsland Road.
Date: cFebruary 1991
Image ID LH63_036
122. View from beach west of Monkey Steps across to laid up ships and Bradwell Power Station. The concrete blocks in the foreground are thought to be the remains of ...
Date: cAugust 1983
Image ID LH64_006
123. Paddling at West Mersea beach. Another copy of this postcard is postmarked 1908. B&W version is used on cover of Brierley Hall Estate brochure, attributed to ...
Date: Before 1908
Image ID LH6_038
124. Coopers Beach mammoth 1986 London Natural History Museum
Image ID LNZ_003
125. Coopers Beach mammoth 1986 London Natural History Museum
Image ID LNZ_005
126. Cudmore Grove. WW2 remains on beach.
Image ID LNZ_011
127. Cliffs at Cudmore Grove
Image ID LNZ_013
128. Mersea Beach Club 1985? Heather Holmes by accordionist.
Image ID LNZ_015
129. Mersea Beach. Far left - Percy Dixon. Third from left Ernest Mole.
Image ID LTL_133
130. Mersea Beach. Far left Alfred Mole. Front right Claude Mole.
Image ID LTL_135
131. Beautiful Mersea - Garden Farm Estate brochure. Front Cover.
Date: December 1909
Image ID MBK_BMS_001
132. A History of Education in West Mersea by B.E. Wright, page 54
What a Treat. Newspaper cutting showing actual school treat for West Mersea ...
Image ID MBK_HED_P054
133. West Mersea Official Guide. Page 25. Bathing at West Mersea.
Image ID MD05_034
134. Sea Wall, West Mersea. Monkey House beach.
Postcard mailed 31 August 1926. The writing ends "Just been out for a sail ... Heaps of blackberries here, ...
Date: Before August 1926
Image ID MEL_015
135. On Boating Lake. Nearest boat : William Lester, Roy his son, Mildred Cates. Farthest : Fred Cates, Derek Lester, John Cates. Date c1939
Image ID MIL_OPA_535
136. Tom Lungley and NIPPY - ran trips from the beach.
Image ID MIL_OPA_549
137. What a Folly !
Nine pictures of Follies on Mersea, compiled by Mike Davies. The latest is dated December 2005.
Date: Before 2006
Image ID MLD_003
138. Beach Huts, West Mersea, by the bottom of Willoughby Avenue.
Date: 3 July 2008
Image ID MLD_059
139. Old anchors resting along Victoria Esplanade at West Mersea.
Date: 17 March 2010
Image ID MLD_ESP_011
140. Early Spring and the beach huts are still mostly deserted. View between the two rows of beach huts near the bottom of Alexandra Avenue. The Searchlight Cafe is ...
Date: 17 March 2010
Image ID MLD_ESP_021
141. Early spring and the beach is quiet. Traditional beach huts, by the bottom of Fairhaven Avenue.
Date: 17 March 2010
Image ID MLD_ESP_023
142. Mersea History Walk 19.
The cover over St Peter's Well - a Millennium project by the West Mersea Town Council.
St Peter's Well supplied water to ...
Date: 19 May 2006
Image ID MLD_HWK_021
143. Mersea History Walk 23.
Pathway across the marsh from Coast Road to the beach wearing away many marsh plants.
Date: 29 July 2006
Image ID MLD_HWK_025
144. Mersea History Walk 24.
The new Board walk, installed to encourage regeneration of marsh plants. It is made from recycled plastic.
Date: 17 June 2009
Image ID MLD_HWK_026
145. Boating Lake aerial view, with north at the top. Broomhills Road is along left side and Prince Albert Road is across the top. Only one house is on east side of ...
Image ID MLD_LAK_165
146. Beach by the monkey steps. Large pile of seaweed. Another copy of this postcard is postmarked 7 August 1912
Date: Before August 1912
Image ID MMC_P1002_052
147. New Boating Lake at West Mersea - This lake has been formed by the enterprise of Mr E.B. Gray. It is suitable for small flat-bottomed boats and also for model ...
Date: 2 June 1933
Image ID MMC_P1154B_001
148. Looking towards Buzz'n from Monkey Beach. Another copy of this postcard was mailed 19 August 1920
Date: Before August 1920
Image ID MMC_P202_003
149. Looking across St. Peter's Meadow to the beach and fisherman's hard, from Coast Road. Hove Creek comes in bottom right. There is a line of barbed wire just ...
Image ID MMC_P452
150. West Mersea beach. The diving tower can be seen - it was off the end of Alexandra Avenue and lasted until WW2.
Image ID MMC_P753_A_008