121. Sea Cadet Band in Barfield Road.
Image ID OZO_105
122. Beach Road
Image ID PAM_025
123. Charlie Ward's carrier's van making its way along a snowy Barfield Road.
Clifford White. The Island Estate Office. 50 yards ahead.
Essex County ...
Date: cFebruary 1958
Image ID PC07_071
124. High Street, looking south, West Mersea. Postcard from Chas. F. Williamson, Newsagent, Yorick Road, W.M. 14389 2200, mailed 25 April 1924.
Date: Before April 1924
Image ID PG2_009
125. Church Corner, West Mersea. Postcard 15781 318. Another copy of this card was mailed November 1924.
Date: Before November 1924
Image ID PG2_019
126. Sea View Avenue, West Mersea. Seaview Avenue. Another copy of this card was mailed August 1933
Date: Before 1933
Image ID PG2_053
127. The Chase, West Mersea. Now Firs Chase. Postcard from E T W Dennis No. 063673.
Another copy of this card was posted 20 March 1919, with the message on the ...
Date: Before 1919
Image ID PG2_095
128. West Mersea showing Wesleyan Chapel. The road was once Chapel Road, now Mill Road.
Another copy of this postcard was mailed July 1907
Another copy ...
Date: Before July 1906
Image ID PG2_105
129. View from Church Tower, West Mersea to White Hart and looking north up High Street. The open space just right of centre became the Primrose and later Eastern ...
Date: Before 1911
Image ID PG2_127
130. Sea View Avenue. [Seaview]. Advertisement for the Fairhaven Estate by S. Callow, Brierley Hall, on the left.
The posters on the board advertise Detached ...
Date: Before June 1908
Image ID PG2_155
131. Fairhaven Avenue, West Mersea. Postcard 98742.
Image ID PG2_255
132. Church Corner, West Mersea. Yorick Road on the left, church in the distance past Eliza D'Wit's Oysters and Refreshments. Postcard 15781.
Owen Fletcher ...
Image ID PG2_259
133. West Mersea Village. Looking down Kingsland Road with the 1899 school building on the right in the distance. Postcard 2576.
Image ID PG2_277
134. West Mersea. High Street and Post Office Corner. The Post Office is run by R.L. Page, also titled Chocolate Box. Telephone box outside. There are still petrol ...
Image ID PG2_431
135. Car Park and Seaview Avenue, West Mersea. From the beach looking north. Postcard mailed 14 August 1933.
Date: Before August 1933
Image ID PG2_457
136. Empress Avenue with Pauline, Susan & Richard Winch about 1958-60. View approaching the Folly to Fairhaven Avenue - the Winch family lived at Bracken, a little ...
Image ID PMS_COR_007
137. PC David Passfield, at West Mersea Remembrance Parade
Date: November 1964
Image ID PP4_DEP_011
138. High Street, West Mersea
Date: Before 1931
Image ID PUL_OPA_045
139. Mrs Leonard Weaver's Home of Rest, Seaview Avenue, Fair Haven, West Mersea. Also known as Fairhaven House.
Image ID PUL_OPA_065
140. Children in High Street outside the White Hart.
Image ID PUL_OPA_073
141. 1935 Jubilee Arch over High Street by Yorick Road and Arthur Cock, Family Butcher
Date: c6 May 1935
Image ID PUL_OPA_223
142. 1935 Jubilee Arch over High Street - Griffon Garage beyond.
Date: c6 May 1935
Image ID PUL_OPA_227
143. 1935 George V Jubilee Legion arch, Barfield Road outside Legion
Date: c6 May 1935
Image ID PUL_OPA_229
144. Marching past West Mersea War Memorial. Celebrations for the 50th Anniversary of Mersea Island Royal British Legion Women's Section.
Iris A. Cash photo ...
Date: 20 September 1987.
Image ID RBLW_006_009
145. Houses built by Ronnie Fisher. 39 - 45 Firs Road, West Mersea. Ronald Fisher Ltd.
The bungalow number 37, behind the Ford Corsair, was built by Ron ...
Date: cOct 1965
Image ID RFS_BLD_011
146. William Wyatt in City Road. The dog's name is Jip because he gave William jip by running away on the marshes when Bill was wildfowling (Harold Cutts).
Image ID RG03_349
147. Mersea Island Primrose Straker Squire bus LH9097 at War Memorial, West Mersea.
Used in "Just the Ticket" by David Thornton, Plate 20.
Also used in Motor ...
Image ID RG03_485
148. Barfield Road. Oscar & Elsie Whiting's Central Stores and house of Charles and Ida Pavey, former dairy. Demolished to make way for Coop.
Zebra crossing on ...
Image ID RG03_493
149. Lucy McDonnell and her daughter Norah, taken at the top of Wellhouse Hill.
Lucy McDonnell was born Lucy Hepzibah Cook in 1860 and was a sister of Ron ...
Image ID RG03_971
150. West Mersea Village. Church Road. Another copy of this postcard was mailed 27 August 1908.
Date: Before August 1908
Image ID RG11_241