1. West Street, Tollesbury. Postcard. Barclay's Bank on corner of North Road. Victoria Inn - Daniell's Ales - on the right.
Date: After January 1911
Image ID CG10_163
2. High Street, Tollesbury, looking west with Kings Head on left and Hope Inn further down on right. Postcard.
Image ID CG10_205
3. High Street, Tollesbury. Postcard No.7 mailed 20 August 1911.
Kings Head on left, licensee C.H. Wombwell.
Date: Before August 1911
Image ID CG10_209
4. High Street, Tollesbury. Hope Inn. Postcard.
Image ID CG10_219
5. Ship Ahoy, Tollesbury. Gowers Postcard No.243 posted before 1910.
The 17th Century inn was formerly named 'The Crooked Billet', then variously as 'The Hoy' ...
Date: Before 1910
Image ID CG10_421
6. Plough and Sail Hotel, Tollesbury. Gowers Postcard 242. Another copy was mailed 20 June 1908.
Date: Before June 1908
Image ID CG10_425
7. West Street, Tollesbury. Plough and Sail Commercial Hotel. G. Fisher. Postcard mailed 30 March 1907.
The copy held by Kevin Bruce informs us that it is ...
Date: Before August 1905
Image ID CG10_427
8. Hope Inn, Tollesbury. Ezra Gurton and Jim Frost. Postcard.
The Hope Inn was rebuilt in this form in 1923
Date: After 1923
Image ID CG10_431
9. Hope Inn, Tollesbury. Postcard.
Date: After 1923
Image ID CG10_433
10. Kings Head Hotel, Tollesbury. Russell's Gravesend Brewery. Licensee C.H. Wombwell. Gowers Postcard mailed 21 July 1906.
Used in Tollesbury Past photo 11.
Date: Before July 1906
Image ID CG10_435
11. Kings Head Hotel, Tollesbury. Trumans Beers. Postcard marked 1938.
2016 the pub is still going strong. Paul Yull celebrated 25 years as landlord and ...
Image ID CG10_439
12. Birds Eye view Tollesbury looking northwest. Kings Head on right - Shrimp Brand Beers. Postcard 96177 mailed 22 September 1930.
Date: Before September 1930
Image ID CG10_517
13. 'Spring' outside the Kings Head, Tollesbury. Silver Jubilee Celebrations Postcard.
Date: cJune 1935
Image ID CG10_633
14. Bird's Eye View, Tollesbury, about 1925. Looking North East from the top of the church tower. Shrimp Brand Beers at the Kings Head.
Image ID CG2_032
15. Drawing of 15th Century Hen and Chickens Pub, Tollesbury
Image ID KBC_TOL_095
16. Tollesbury Old and Tollesbury New - from unknown publication about 1973.
Sixty-five years ago young Ivy Osborne and her faithful dog Dash, were ...
Image ID KBC_TOL_097
17. Ivy Osborne and her faithful dog Dash in Tollesbury High Street. On the left with the big flag flying is the 'old' Hope. In 1923 the cottages this side of it ...
Image ID KBC_TOL_097_001
18. Ivy Osborne poses for the photographer in High Street, Tollesbury. On the left is the 'new' Hope pub. An Osborne's bus waits in the Square.
From an ...
Image ID KBC_TOL_097_003
19. The Tollesbury Volunteers, grouped outside the Kings Head in Tollesbury, taken in August 1914.
From an unknown newspaper around 1973.
Date: 7 September 1914
Image ID KBC_TOL_121
20. Plaque carved to commemorate MV ORARI of New Zealand Shipping Company 1930 - 1958. The plaque is in the Public Bar of The Kings Head, Tollesbury.
The ORARI ...
Date: 2 December 2007
Image ID PBIB_DJG_001
21. Tollesbury Carnival. Hope Inn 1985.
Image ID TBL_TCA_516
22. Tollesbury Carnival. Hope Inn 1985.
Image ID TBL_TCA_517
| || |