| || Include duplicate images || Include pictures Include documents || Order by ID date taken date added ||Found 214 images - displaying 1 to 30 - page 1.|
1. Unloading coal from a coaster at Colchester Gasworks.
Image ID AJ01_203
2. AEC Regal HX4358 outside Berry's works in Colchester. HX4358 acquired June 1931. Park Royal body ex AEC demonstrator.
A.W. Berry were running horse drawn ...
Date: cJune 1931
Image ID AWB_FLT_053
3. Colchester Hythe. The barges are left to right ESTHER, VERA and LANDRAIL (Marriages). The steamer is GEM.
Image ID BF03_002_001_002
4. Hythe Bridge 1823 - engraving marked The Hithe Bridge, Colchester. Print published by Swinberne & Walter, July 1825
From: Colchester River - Local Photos etc.
Date: July 1825
Image ID BF03_002_002_001
5. The Hythe, Colchester, Essex. Barges loading straw for Ridham in Kent.
Used in Down Tops'l page 128.
From: Colchester River.
Image ID BF03_002_003_001
6. Revival of straw trade. Stackies being towed down Colchester River in 'convoy', bound for Ridham and the Kent paper mills. The left hand barge is BRITISH EMPIRE ...
Image ID BF03_002_003_002
7. Not marked, but photograph is in ONCE UPON A TIDE, marked MARGARET in frame. Colchester Hythe looking across the river towards Greensted.
From: Colchester river
Image ID BF03_002_004_002
8. Barges in the snow at Colchester Hythe. Ice on the river - the view is down the Colne from Hythe Bridge. The barge nearest is FLEUR DE LIS and on the opposite ...
Image ID BF68_001_129_002
9. Oscar Whiting at St Botolph's Station, Colchester. Clifford White & Co., West Mersea Austin lorry KNO204.
Image ID BJ35_014_003
10. L. Thorp West Mersea bus in Colchester.
In the background are Babyland, Achille Serre Ltd Cleaners & Dyers, The Castle Garages Colchester Ltd - on the ...
Image ID BJ48_012_001
11. Barges at Colchester Hythe. [DW]
Douglas Went saw the Indian summer of the sailing barge and this photograph of Colchester Hythe in the 1930s shows nine ...
Image ID BOXB5_012_011
12. Danish schooner NEPTUN loaded with ice from Norway to Colchester. Thence, in ballast, to St. Johns, Newfoundland, for cargo of fish. 40 day voyage probably. ...
Image ID BOXL_051_001_001
13. WILKS London - Coasters at Colchester Hythe.
Built Yorkshire Dry Docks 1976 495 tons Official No. 366101.
1986 converted to tanker, renamed TEESDALE H. ...
Date: August 1970
Image ID CGT_001_001
14. ROFFEN - Coasters at Colchester Hythe.
Built by London & Rochester, Rochester, 1966, ON 308456 LR/IMO 8645876 175 tons. Renamed FRANCESCA PRIOR 2002, ...
Image ID CGT_001_003
15. ROLSTON of Hull - coasters at Colchester Hythe, Pertwee's wharf.
Built as VAUBAN IN 1962 at Brazen Island, Polruan Bay for Dundee, Perth and London ...
Image ID CGT_001_005
16. ANDESCOL of Colchester - coasters at Colchester Hythe.
Image ID CGT_001_007
17. London & Rochester BOISTERENCE - coasters at Colchester Hythe.
Built 1983 for London & Rochester at Ringkobing, Denmark, ON 705407 LR/IMO 8131142, 536 ...
Image ID CGT_001_009
18. UNION PEARL - coasters at Colchester Hythe.
Built 1977 at Grave, Netherlands, LR/IMO 7618272 699 tons. Renamed PETREL 1989, SNIPE 1992, MULTI CARRIER ...
Image ID CGT_001_011
19. CHERYL M of Colchester - coasters at Colchester Hythe.
Built as KIPTION by London & Rochester, Strood, 1968 ON 333798 LR/IMO 6815689 198 tons. Renamed ...
Image ID CGT_001_015
20. THRUSCROSS - coasters at Colchester Hythe. She carried sewage from Colchester out into the North Sea for dumping off Harwich. Also known as 'sludge carriers' or ...
Image ID CGT_001_017
21. ADELPHIA of London - coasters at Colchester Hythe.
Builtas SIGRID FLINT 1964 by Norderwerft, Hamburg, ON 390894 LR/IMO 6413869 299 tons. Renamed SIGRID ...
Image ID CGT_001_019
22. SUBRO VIXEN loading cereals at Colchester Hythe. CRESCENCE is astern.
SUBRO VIXEN built as TOWER MARIE 1969 by Hepworth, Paull, Humber. LR/IMO 6927573, ...
Image ID CGT_001_021
23. SUBRO VICTOR - coasters at Colchester Hythe.
Built as FUTURITY 1968 Clelands SB, Wallsend on Tyne, 199 tons. Renamed SUBRO VICTOR 1983, KATIE W. 1987, ...
Date: July 1985
Image ID CGT_001_023
24. TOWER DUCHESS loading at Pertwee's wharf, Colchester Hythe.
Built by Clelands SB Co., Wallsend 1969 200 tons, LR No. 6918845. Renamed PARADISE SOUND 1984, ...
Image ID CGT_001_029
25. HOO VENTURE - coasters at Colchester Hythe.
Built 1982 by Yorkshire Drydocks, Hull. ON 389083 LR/IMO 8127646 498 tons. R. Lapthorn & Co. Renamed 05 GOLDEN ...
Image ID CGT_001_031
26. WALLBROOK - coasters at Colchester Hythe. Built 1940, 244 tons gross. Sunk as a target off Wainfleet after March 1999.
Image ID CGT_001_033
27. TOWER HELEN - coasters at Colchester Hythe.
Built Ton Bodewes, Franeker, 1971 425 tons, Official No. 341309 LR No. 7108356. Tower Shipping Co. Renamed ...
Image ID CGT_001_035
28. Everard's CONFORMITY - coasters at Colchester Hythe. HOO VENTURE astern.
CONFORMITY built 1975 at Westerbroek, Netherlands ON 365981 LR/IMO 7601023 ...
Image ID CGT_001_037
29. WOOLACOMBE - coasters at Colchester Hythe.
Built as CLARISSA 1967 at Martenshoek, Netherlands, ON 377840 LR/IMO 6702064 499 tons. Renamed WOOLACOMBE ...
Image ID CGT_001_039
30. UNION SUN - coasters at Colchester Hythe.
Built as ANDRE 1967 at Ruisbroek, LR/IMO 6727117 436 tons. Renamed UNION SUN 1974, SANMAR 1984, PATMARIE 1987, ...
Image ID CGT_001_041