1. St Osyth Tide Mill in Essex. The mill-pond of a tide-mill is filled by the incoming tide and power is produced by the release of the water at low tide through a ...
Image ID CLF_1961_1072_001
2. St Osyth Tide Mill. The mechanism on the upper floor of the mill.
From Mills of the Tidal Waters by Douglas Went. Country Life article 11 May 1961
Image ID CLF_1961_1072_002
3. St Osyth creek at low tide, by the old tide mill. Photo competition entry from Douglas Went
Essex Countryside magazine, August 1961.
Image ID EC61_08_407_001
4. The Old Mill, St. Osyth. Tide mill on the right. Barge MAY FLOWER alongside wharf.
Image ID RG06_051
5. Stowboater and barges at St Osyth. The maltings shown were burned down in 1920 and the photo probably dates from well before the first world war, for both ...
Date: Before 1914
Image ID RG06_055
6. St Osyth Mill with Goldsmith's barge SIESTA by the mill. Postcard 1255 postmarked 24 September 1934.
Date: Before September 1934
Image ID RG06_061