| || Include duplicate images || Include pictures Include documents || Order by ID date taken date added ||Found 438 images - displaying 1 to 30 - page 1.|
1. West Mersea Mill - a fine photograph of the windmill including the weather vane on the roof. Note the twist built into the "Whips" - the main spar of each sail. ...
Image ID ALS_AB1_017
2. West Mersea Mill - Fred G. Smith. A wonderful photograph of the old and the new. Stanley Mole on the left holding the horse and Herbert Marrow far right with ...
Image ID ALS_C20_005
3. Frederick Herbert Smith and Herbert Marrow with Fred G. Smith delivery van. It is a Morris, registration BVW367. The door advertises Lyons Cakes. Phone Number ...
Image ID ALS_C20_019
4. Fred Herbert Smith and Preston Smith in the Bakery at West Mersea Mill.
Image ID ALS_C20_021
5. Earthquake 1884. Went's Mill, Peldon.
From left, Peldon Steam Mill, Windmill and Peldon Mill House damaged by the "Colchester Earthquake" of 22 April 1884 ...
Date: cMay 1884
Image ID ALS_C20_063
6. Jubilee Arch at Queens Corner. Upland Road in the distance with the blacksmith shop on the corner.
Date: cMay 1935
Image ID ALS_WHI_006
7. C.M. White, Builder. Mill Road, West Mersea, looking south. Just beyond White's shop is the gate and railings of the Congregational Church. The shop to the left ...
Image ID ALS_WHI_045
8. White's shop in Church Road. The bicycle on the right says "White's up to date drapers". Postcard franked 18 September 1909.
Date: Before September 1909
Image ID ALS_WHI_047
9. Beach Tea Gardens - Spinney Cafe 1946/47, but more likely a little later
Image ID ATK_019
10. Fleet View Stores, Coast Road.
Alf Parrish left
Image ID ATK_021
11. Fleet View Stores, Coast Road
By 2019, this was Backwater Pearl
Image ID ATK_023
12. Patricia Catchpole's stables on East Road.
Image ID AWA_023
13. Patricia Catchpole's stables on East Road.
Anne Watson says "The second building was put up in 58, we called it "Buckingham Palace" it was an old prefab ...
Image ID AWA_025
14. Patricia Catchpole at Hall Barn Riding Stables.
Image ID AWA_029
15. Patricia Catchpole stables. Paddy (Arva Lad) belonged to Dr Howes and lived well into his 30s.
Image ID AWA_031
16. Mersea Garden Centre on the east side of Dawes Lane as you approach East Road. The Garden Centre was run by Anne and Les Watson 1978 to 1982.
Image ID AWA_101
17. Part of V.J. Watson's yard which was in business in Prince Albert Road from about 1974 to 1996. They sold mainly diesel engine spares for Paxmans etc., and ...
Image ID AWA_103
18. 1950 Armistice Parade St. John Ambulance Brigade l-r Barbara Shiel, Miss Gibbs, Mrs Andrews (wife of PC Andrews) Charlie Jay, Mrs Edwin Woods, CO Sheard, Mrs ...
Image ID BJ06_151
19. The Mill, West Mersea
Image ID BJ09_007
20. Howards Stores, decorated for 1953 Coronation.
Date: June 1953
Image ID BJ10_005
21. Howards Stores, decorated for 1953 Coronation.
Date: June 1953
Image ID BJ10_007
22. Shops decorated for 1953 Coronation.
Date: June 1953
Image ID BJ10_009
23. West Mersea Riding School in the Hall Barn - run by Patricia Catchpole
Image ID BJ11_001
24. Doris M. Thompson, Ladies Hairdresser, High Street.
Image ID BJ12_001
25. Doris M. Thompson, Ladies Hairdresser.
Teresa Eglington, (from Colchester) Pat Stacey, Judy Farthing, Doris Thompson, Janet Bell, Pat French c1963
Image ID BJ12_003
26. Doris M. Thompson, Ladies Hairdresser
Image ID BJ12_005
27. Doris M. Thompson, Ladies Hairdresser
Image ID BJ12_007
28. Doris M. Thompson, Ladies Hairdresser
Image ID BJ12_009
29. After a very high tide
Image ID BJ17_005
30. West Mersea Hall Barn Country Club. Membership Card 1969.
Pauline Jay. Signed pp D. Farrow Secy.
Image ID BJ22_001