| || Include duplicate images || Include pictures Include documents || Order by ID date taken date added ||Found 394 images - displaying 1 to 30 - page 1.|
1. Photograph from Joan Pullen. Sergeant in Royal Army Service Corps front right.
Date: April 1944
Image ID AN02_001_003
2. "With Best Wishes to Emmy, Rue and Joan from Geoff".
Geoff Green. The uniform is unusual in that there is no insignia. Geoff was a prisoner of war for some ...
Image ID AN04_004_005
3. North West Frontier 1942.
Sunday morning stroll in the Garrison wall.s
From H.D. Young, Captain.
Norman Ward spent time in Burma and India during ...
Image ID AN04_007_001
4. Army - Field Ambulance Corps. Norman Ward front left ? (no caption with photo.
Image ID AN12_019_001
5. Wedding of Sgt James Argent and Winifred Joan Mussett
L-R 1. Joan Pullen, 2. Elgar Mussett, 3. Valerie Farthing, 4. ?, 5. James Argent, 6. Joan Mussett, 7. ...
Date: 7 August 1943
Image ID AN13_016_005
6. Peace celebration street party after WW2, in Station Road, Tollesbury.
The car on the left is AEV271.
Date: cMay 1945
Image ID ATR_TBY_013
7. County of Essex Air Raid Precautions
This is to certeify that Mrs Ettie V.M. Thorp The Cedars High St. Noth. West Mersea has been duly appointed as an Air ...
Date: 7 October 1942
Image ID BJ44_001_001
8. Light-hearted side to Dad's Army activities.
During the latter part of the war the Home Guard manned the two big guns on the sea front.
At the ...
Image ID BJ44_003_003
9. A full car park along Victoria Esplanade in the early 1950s.
Wartime Mersea folder. The concrete pill box can be seen behind the first few cars in the car ...
Image ID BJ44_013_001
10. Over-Seas League Empire Day 1941.
This is to certify that John Smith has helped to provide ...
Probably J.V. Smith of 2 Water Terrace, Abberton, as ...
Date: 24 May 1941
Image ID BJ44_019_001
11. NALON sinking. She was bombed and sunk 6 November 1940 to the West of Ireland, on a voyage Beira to Glasgow. A near miss had blown in the plates at No.3 Hold ...
Image ID BJ52_004_001
12. Essex at War, compiled by the Editorial Staff of Essex County Standard and edited by Hervey Benham.
There is also a copy of this in Hervey Benham cupboard ...
Image ID BOX005_009_C001
13. Girls of the Royal Observer Corps 18 group inspected by Air-Commodore Finlay Crerar, CBE (Commandant R.O.C.) at Birch aerodrome, on stand-down.
Date: July 1945
Image ID BOX005_009_P105
14. Women's Institute jam-makers at Birch.
From Essex at War by Hervey Benham, page 121.
This is in the kitchen at Birch Hall. See ...
Date: cDecember 1940
Image ID BOX005_009_P121
15. The oysterman George Stoker of West Mersea before the 'offoce' of the Stags Head Oyster Fishery Company. A wartime picture - there is barbed wire in the ...
From: Gaff Rig / Smacks
Image ID BOXB3_125_001_001
16. Passed by Technical Reproduction Branch 18 Dec 1942. No Admiralty Objection to publication, signed, Captain R.N. Wivenhoe. [from back of photograph]
Date: 18 Dec 1942
Image ID BOXB5_014_001
17. FY PT 1011 just afloat at Wivenhoe. The yard boat stands by to help with mooring ropes and later in removal of sliding ways, poppets and other timber structure ...
Image ID BOXB5_014_022
18. MMS 1012 [on back of photograph]
FY PT 1012 leaves the river Colne after completion and commissioning in 1943. The harbour party and an officer are ...
Date: c15 October 1943
Image ID BOXB5_014_024
19. A quiet interlude during war. Wooden motor minesweeper FY PT 1044 is towed to the fitting out berth after launch from Wivenhoe Shipyard Ltd., in 1943. The river ...
Date: 30 December 1943
Image ID BOXB5_014_026
20. During the War at Wivenhoe. Part of "Mulberry" in the making on the River Colne. [DW]
The projected invasion of Normandy in June 1944 needed the ...
Image ID BOXB5_014_028
21. Colchester Diving Club salvaging Typhoon which had ditched in the River Blackwater during WW2. The boat belongs to Derek 'Dink' Ball. Ashley Upsher in orange ...
Image ID CDC_TYP_001
22. Colchester Diving Club salvaging Typhoon which had ditched in the River Blackwater during WW2. The engine was brought up first. The Napier Sabre engine was sold ...
Image ID CDC_TYP_005
23. Colchester Diving Club salvaging Typhoon which had ditched in the River Blackwater during WW2. A section of the wing resting on the mud. The conger eel was ...
Image ID CDC_TYP_019
24. Colchester Diving Club salvaging Typhoon which had ditched in the River Blackwater during WW2.
Letter from Ministry of Defence to M.D. Lungley, 68 St ...
Image ID CDC_TYP_031
25. Colchester Diving Club. Rolls Royce Merlin engine from a Mosquito, recovered near the Molliette beacon.
Divers L-R are Richard Neal, Bob Leeds, 'Dink@ ...
Image ID CDC_TYP_107
26. Barfield Road Cemetery Plot 82.
Dear Husband Robert Charles Cudmore who died 24 October 1933 aged 57 years
Also of his dear wife Ruth Cudmore who died ...
Date: 19 September 2019
Image ID CEM_BFD_0082_001
27. In Loving Memory of My Dear Wife
NORAH AGNES TALES
who passed away 14 November 1928 aged 37 years
Also Flight-Sergt JAMES TALES, R.A.F., son of ...
Date: 11 November 2019
Image ID CEM_BFD_0216_001
28. Ida Lilian Pavey Born 20 Sep 1886, died 26 May 1973
Wife and Mother
Ida South née Adnams
Born 1 Feb 1921 Died 24 Feb ...
Date: 21 September 2019
Image ID CEM_BFD_0489_001
29. 2129266 Sapper
Owen Kitchener Hewes
Died 18 June 1941 Aged 26.
His life a beautiful memory
His death a silent ...
Date: 19 September 2019
Image ID CEM_BFD_0887_002
30. Grave of Frank Pullen, Barfield Road Cemetery Plot 974.
Corps of Military Police
Image ID CEM_BFD_0974_001