1. Barge launch at Cann, Harwich. The barge is thought to be the KIMBERLEY.
Image ID BF68_001_129_005
2. In the years before World War 2, Harwich was a regular venue for big yacht racing and the Big Class season would start with Harwich Regatta and work its way ...
Date: June 1934
Image ID BOXA4_031_009
3. Evening Harwich. Smacks.
Image ID BOXB1_008_003
4. Postcard - Harwich Harbour. Valentine's Series 23743. Fishing boat HH309
From: Gaff Rig / Smacks
Image ID BOXB3_004_001_001
5. Barges on the Orwell off Harwich. [DW]
Barges becalmed in the Orwell, off Harwich, 1934. Sailing barges were at the mercy of calms and in light airs much ...
Image ID BOXB5_012_003
6. The steel hulled VELSHEDA thundering along off Harwich in 1934. She is preparing to round a mark before squaring away on a run to the finishing line. The ...
Image ID BOXB5_013_001
7. 12 metres stand out from Harwich harbour, past the grain mills of Felixstowe Dock. This photograph was taken at the Royal Harwich Yacht Club Regatta of either ...
Image ID BOXB5_013_009
8. Barge, French fishing boat and other craft leaving Harwich Harbour. [DW]
A mixture of craft at Harwich regatta, 1938. One of R. and W. Paul's Ipswich ...
Image ID BOXB5_013_014
9. A procession of giants; VELSHEDA leading ENDEAVOUR at Harwich regatta, 1934. The royal racing cutter BRITANNIA lags well astern (left) of the two 'J' class ...
Image ID BOXB5_013_016
10. Mrs. Vanderbilt in the cockpit of VIM as the 12 metre prepares to race at Harwich, Monday, June 12th 1939. A reef has been taken in the mainsail with a lacing ...
Date: 12 June 1939
Image ID BOXB5_013_043
11. The 23 Metre cutter ASTRA, owned by Hugh F. Paul leading the J Class cutter VELSHEDA (K7) during Harwich Regatta in 1935. The mate of ASTRA stands on the ...
Image ID BOXB5_013_057
12. Harwich about 1947. CK104 in the foreground is the Tollesbury smack BLUEBELL, owned by L. Heard. A shrimp trawl hangs from her mast.
Used in Smacks and ...
From: Smacks and Bawleys
Image ID BOXB6_001_001_017
13. Harwich Bawley HH21. Except for her registration letters she is not distinguishable from the Leigh bawley whose trade of shrimping was largely transferred to ...
Image ID BOXL_008_001_001
14. Harwich, with unrigged barge in foreground. Halfpenny Pier in background.
Image ID BOXL_026_004_006
15. George, Edna & Muriel Pullen. Harwich.
Image ID HAY_PUG_056
16. Dutch-build Barge SAINT EANSWYTHE in Harwich Harbour. Shotley in background She took acid in barrels to Brantham Works. Mustograph photograph.
Used in Down ...
Image ID HBC_001_014
17. Barge in Harwich Harbour with jib set and bowsprit up. Copyright Douglas Norman, Brightlingsea.
Image ID HBC_006_015
18. Sailing barge GLADYS new at Harwich in 1900. The back of photo marked H Cann.
Image ID HBC_006_016
19. The scene at Harwich when the Clacton on Sea Lifeboat entered harbour towing the disabled barge AUDREY, which had 1622 bags of wheat on board. The sailing gear ...
Date: 31 July 1933
Image ID HBC_008_003
20. Harwich Regatta --- Sixth Class spritsail barges. Photostat from British Museum of Pictorial Times 28 Sept 1844. On a card from Frank Hussey, where he feels ...
Date: 28 September 1844
Image ID HBC_016_006
21. SEA FREIGHTLINER II under tow from Harwich to lay-up in River Blackwater. The tug is the ALFRED of Alexandra Towing Co.
Date: 1 August 1986
Image ID IA000260
Image ID LH1_034
23. Seamen aboard a submarine, possibly a U-boat. The destroyer in the background is pennant number H65. Photograph ...
Image ID PBIB_NAV_421
24. Royal Navy seamen aboard a submarine. To the right are submarines U117, UB148 and AK1.
Photograph thought to be taken at Harwich between November 1918 and May ...
Image ID PBIB_NAV_423
25. Harwich to Zeebrugge train ferry SUFFOLK FERRY. She was built By John Brown & Co., Clydebank, in 1947 for the London & North Eastern Railway, Official No. ...
Date: After 1979
Image ID PBIB_SHP_081
26. Harwich c1951. The smack is CK41 BETSAN which was owned by Roy Lewis of Tollesbury.
In the background departing (under tow ?) is the troopship VIENNA 4,326 ...
Image ID PBIB_SMA_040
27. Harwich - launching a barge from Cann's Yard
Image ID RG05_225
28. Harwich - Tollesbury smacks BERTHA CK335 and VARUNA CK442. Postcard 2118 posted 1932.
Date: Before 1932
Image ID RG05_233
29. Harwich - The Camber.
Image ID RG05_235
30. The Pound, Harwich. Postcard H2827.
Image ID RG11_525