1. Steam Yacht ZAREFAH. The photograph was found in Dorothy Brown's papers and there is perhaps a connection back to her father Hartley Brown who served in ...
Image ID ABR_005
2. S.Y. VENETIA. Built 1905 by Ramage and Ferguston of Leith, for Mr F.W. Sykes of Lyndley, Yorkshire, a member of the Royal Victoria Yacht Club. 568 tons TM, ...
Image ID BF03_001_078_001
3. The German Royal Yacht HOHENZOLLERN visting Venice in April 1896. She carried on port side a heavy steam Royal Barge.
Image ID BF35_001_044_001
4. Unidentified steam yacht.
Image ID BF35_001_052_001
5. Aldous Successors Ltd catalogue --- page 2.
Image ID BF69_001_005
6. Aldous Successors Ltd catalogue --- page 3.
Image ID BF69_001_006
7. Aldous Successors Ltd catalogue --- page 30. Yachts on slipways. Pictures of Motor Yacht ENDYMION, Steam Yacht ELFRIDA, cutter SHAMROCK, Steam Yacht ROSABELLE ...
Image ID BF69_001_033
8. Steam Yacht ELFRIDA on slipway. 159 tons T.M. Photo from Aldous catalogue c1936. Brightlingsea.
From Lloyds Yacht Register 1935: Official No. 84944. Iron. ...
Image ID BF69_001_033_003
9. Steam Yacht ROSABELLE on slipway. 614 tons [from page 44]. [Official No. 109610.]
Photo from Aldous catalgue, c1936.
Image ID BF69_001_033_005
10. Steam Yacht ROSABELLE on slipway. 614 tons (Thames Measurement) [from page 44]. From Aldous catalogue, c1936
From Lloyd's Yacht Register 1935: Official No. ...
Image ID BF69_001_033_006
11. Steam Yacht ELSIE.
Photo from Aldous Catalogue.
Not found in Lloyd's Yacht Register 1935.
Image ID BF69_001_033_007
12. Aldous Successors Ltd catalogue --- page 33. Sailmakers' and Riggers' Loft. Photo of steam yacths on mud berths.
Image ID BF69_001_036
13. Some of Aldous's mudberths - steam yachts laid up for the winter at Brightlingsea. From the Aldous Catalogue c1936
"River Colne Shipbuilders" dates the ...
Image ID BF69_001_036_001
14. Aldous Successors Ltd catalogue --- page 34. Mudberths.
Image ID BF69_001_037
15. Aldous Successors Ltd catalogue --- page 44. Yacht List --- of yachts 'serviced' by Aldous.
Image ID BF69_001_047
16. Aldous Successors Ltd catalogue --- page 45. Photographs of Motor Yacht JUMBO, Auxiliary Schooner FLYING CLOUD and Steam Yacht MEDEA.
Image ID BF69_001_048
17. Steam Yacht MEDEA 139 tons. Serviced by Aldous Successors Ltd.
From Lloyd's Yacht Register 1935
MEDEA built A. Stephen & Sons, Glasgow, 1904. Official ...
Image ID BF69_001_048_003
18. Steam Yacht STAR OF INDIA sale brochure page 1.
Built 1888 for Sir William Pearce. Then purchased by an American gentleman who kept her for 30 years at ...
Date: After 1927
Image ID BF69_006_007
19. Steam Yacht STAR OF INDIA brochure page 2. She was well known in the River Colne as the VALFREYIA for many years.
Date: After 1927
Image ID BF69_006_008
20. Steam Yacht STAR OF INDIA brochure page 3. She was well known in the River Colne as the VALFREYIA for many years.
Date: After 1927
Image ID BF69_006_009
21. Steam Yacht NAHMA at Saint Malo. Postcard.
Image ID BF69_006_012
22. Steam Yacht NAHMA at anchor. Photo from J. Gelser, Alger.
Image ID BF69_006_013
23. Steam Yacht NAHMA at anchor. Photo from J. Gelser, Alger.
Image ID BF69_006_014
24. The steam yacht MEDEA, sailing under the San Diego - Coronado Bay Bridge, was launched in 1904 as a private luxury yacht. She was used by the French as a ...
Image ID BF69_006_019
25. Steam Yacht in River Colne. Photo by Miss Ruffell, Brightlingsea.
Thought to be BERYL Official Number 120472, twin triple expansion steam engines, built ...
Image ID BF69_007_011
26. 3 masted steam yacht. Unidentified
Image ID BF69_009_023
27. Steam yacht. Back of photo is marked S.Y. MANULLA or MANUELA
Image ID BF69_009_036
28. Unidentified steam yacht
Image ID BF69_009_037
29. Unidentified steam yacht
Image ID BF69_009_038
30. Unidentified steam yacht
Image ID BF69_009_039