| || Include duplicate images || Include pictures Include documents || Order by ID date taken date added ||Found 46 images - displaying 1 to 30 - page 1.|
1. Aldous Successors Ltd catalogue --- page 29. Slipways. Photo of H.M. Trawler ESCORT on No.1 Slipway
Image ID BF69_001_032
2. Aldous Successors Limited, Brightlingsea. Twin Screw Survey Vessel PENELOPE for Nigerian Navy. Yard No. 931, launched 30 Sept 1958. Rivetted construction, she ...
Date: After 30 September 1958
Image ID BF69_011_010
3. CALETA at Rowhedge in wartime camoflage paint. She was built 1930 and was a Harbour Defence Patrol Craft with the Royal Navy during WW2. In 1940 she went to ...
From: Rowhedge --- photos and documents
Image ID BF72_001_020_001
4. Minesweeper CALTON M1118 on trials. Built by Wivenhoe Shipyard, completed 12 November 1954.
From: Wivenhoe shipyards photos and documents
Image ID BF73_001_049_001
5. Wevill Family - Coastguard
Image ID BJ27_015
6. Wevill Family --- Coastguard
Image ID BJ27_017
7. Wevill Family - Coastguard
Image ID BJ27_019
Afloat and ready to be warped alongside for completion. The stockpiles and the small barge quay of the Rowhedge Sand and Ballast Company are in the ...
Image ID BOXB5_014_012
9. The 105ft wooden motor minesweeper J.315 proceeds down the river Colne after completion, flying the white ensign and commissioned to serve in sweeping magnetic, ...
Image ID BOXB5_014_014
10. D MMS 17 [on back of photograph]
The other type of British wooden hulled motor minesweeper was known as the 126ft Class. Seven of these were built by ...
Image ID BOXB5_014_016
11. FY PT 1011 just afloat at Wivenhoe. The yard boat stands by to help with mooring ropes and later in removal of sliding ways, poppets and other timber structure ...
Image ID BOXB5_014_022
12. MMS 1012 [on back of photograph]
FY PT 1012 leaves the river Colne after completion and commissioning in 1943. The harbour party and an officer are ...
Date: c15 October 1943
Image ID BOXB5_014_024
13. A quiet interlude during war. Wooden motor minesweeper FY PT 1044 is towed to the fitting out berth after launch from Wivenhoe Shipyard Ltd., in 1943. The river ...
Date: 30 December 1943
Image ID BOXB5_014_026
14. "STRATH" Type Trawler plan. From Otto Andersen catalogue.
Image ID BOXD1_002_020
15. The PEARL sloop 18 guns. Built at Wivenhoe in Essex by the constructor Mr Sainty 1828. Admiralty plan.
Image ID BOXD2_003_002
16. Rennie, Ritchie & Newport Shipbuilding Co. brochure Screw in Tunnel Steamers page 1.
Mine Sweeper PIROUETTE
Image ID BOXL_023_001_005
17. The death of a shipyard.
A tiny craft left the slipway at Wivenhoe on Tuesday. It marked the death of a shipyard.
It was a small Admiralty suppy ...
Date: 20 January 1961
Image ID BOXL_035_001_002
18. LAUNCHING DAY was always a great occasion. HMS ICKWORTH goes down the ways in 1954. From Essex County Standard 3 July 1964.
But, the caption is in error ...
Image ID BOXL_041_001_001
19. Launch of a minesweeper at Wivenhoe Shipyard Ltd. J.582
Image ID BOXP_110_003
20. Launch of a minesweeper at Wivenhoe Shipyard Ltd. J.582. Fingringhoe Church and mill beyond.
Image ID BOXP_110_005
21. Royal Navy Ship off Clacton Pier, thought to be the heavy cruiser HMS YORK, completed 1 May 1930 at Palmers at Hebburn on the Tyne.
One of a set of 4 ...
Image ID CPR_001
22. Royal Navy Ship off Clacton Pier, thought to be the heavy cruiser HMS YORK, completed 1 May 1930 at Palmers at Hebburn on the Tyne.
One of a set of 4 ...
Image ID CPR_003
23. Paddle steamer alongside Royal Navy ship, thought to be HMS YORK and off Clacton Pier.
One of a set of 4 photographs sent to Clacton Pier Company some ...
Image ID CPR_007
24. Isaac Rice written on back - thought to be Isaac Rice Junior.
Naval trawlers in background - Pennant Numbers 31, 32 and 35.
Image ID DWS_RIC_001
25. Main deck of LORD WARDEN 1881 [Is this the battleship HMS LORD WARDEN built 1867 ?]
Image ID HWC_AB3_067
26. HMPMS 929 YARMOUTH BELLE. Built 1898 by Wm Denny at Dumbarton. 1915 converted to minesweeper. During 1916 and until late 1917 was stationed in Harwich. Well ...
Image ID IA003580
27. Around 1947, the Ipswich Sea Scouts had been loaned by the Admiralty, an ex-wartime, Fairmile 'D' MTB, which was permanently moored fore, and aft, just off the ...
Image ID IA003951
28. Launch of one of the wooden minesweepers built by Rowhedge Ironworks at Wivenhoe.
Image ID LC1_THM_RIW_PIC10
29. Ship launch, probably a wooden minesweeper at Wivenhoe, and either MMS113, MMS114 or MMS115.
There is what looks like a Japanese flag as part of the ...
Image ID MMC_P668_029
30. HMS SOBO
Card posted 17 August 1919 West Mersea to Miss Brown Staff, Esplanade Hotel, Frinton on Sea, donated by Pat Milgate. Another photograph tells us ...
Image ID OJR_363