| || Include duplicate images || Include pictures Include documents || Order by ID date taken date added ||Found 258 images - displaying 1 to 30 - page 1.|
1. Bluebird Motor Coach Garage at Tiptree.
L-R are VW6031, VW6085 and VW3507 with Felixstowe destination board.
The garage still is still trading, but ...
Image ID ABR_BMC_001
2. Bluebird Motor Coaches from Tiptree - a Guy half cab single deck. Victor Brown on the left.
Image ID ABR_BMC_003
3. Browns Bus Service coach, destination Colchester. VW2545.It is a Chevrolet 20 seater, first registered 4 April 1928 to Albert Victor Brown, Station Road, ...
Image ID ABR_BMC_005
4. West Mersea Mill - Fred G. Smith. A wonderful photograph of the old and the new. Stanley Mole on the left holding the horse and Herbert Marrow far right with ...
Image ID ALS_C20_005
5. Frederick Herbert Smith and Herbert Marrow with Fred G. Smith delivery van. It is a Morris, registration BVW367. The door advertises Lyons Cakes. Phone Number ...
Image ID ALS_C20_019
6. A school trip from West Mersea to London Zoo, July 1920. Primrose Bus. Headmaster Mr Green is standing on the stairs wearing a black trilby. Note the ...
Date: 19 July 1920
Image ID ALS_WHI_013
7. 1953 Fred Smith delivering bread!
Image ID ATK_013
8. A.W. Berry.
In 1888 Arthur Berry was running a horse-drawn bus to Mersea island. He started the first motor bus service to the island in 1903.
Image ID AWB_003
9. Steam lorry built by A.W. Berry for Colchester Brewing Company. Registration F536. Built 1902-03 [ Modern Transport, 27 February 1937 ]
Image ID AWB_FLT_001
10. Some of Berry's fleet. Bus F9245, lorry LN3317 (with A.W. Berry to its right ?), CD710, A6653 and F..453.
Image ID AWB_FLT_021
11. Berry Motor Omnibus Service bus HK908. Wells, 30 hp Dorman Engine, acquired November 1915.
Image ID AWB_FLT_027
12. A.W. Berry. Charabanc HK7215. Dennis 40hp 29 seat charabanc, acquired March 1920.
Image ID AWB_FLT_033
13. A.W. Berry Works Outing.
Notes from Brenda Stacey: AWB far left, Stan far right, Herb driving. The man behind Herb is his father-in-law, Edward May. He ...
Date: cJuly 1922
Image ID AWB_FLT_041
14. Berry's Motor Omnibus Service. Colchester & District. Colchester 102.
Double decker LC7804.
Image ID AWB_FLT_045
15. A new AEC bus. No registration plates. Photograph is in Berry Family papers so probably the bus was to join their fleet.
Image ID AWB_FLT_051
16. AEC Regal HX4358 outside Berry's works in Colchester. HX4358 acquired June 1931. Park Royal body ex AEC demonstrator.
A.W. Berry were running horse drawn ...
Date: cJune 1931
Image ID AWB_FLT_053
17. Din Hoy on right, Sid Mole. Fred Smith's bakers cart outside Munson Cook's late 1920s
Image ID BJ02_047
18. Berry's bus rounding Queens Corner.
Used in "A boyhood in Mersea" by Archie Smith, available in the Museum Shop.
Image ID BJ09_013
19. Arch over High Street by Barfield Road. Griffon Garage beyond.
Date: cMay 1937
Image ID BJ20_005
20. Oscar Whiting at St Botolph's Station, Colchester. Clifford White & Co., West Mersea Austin lorry KNO204.
Image ID BJ35_014_003
21. Brighlingsea Station. J15 65432 - withdrawn March 1958. Postcard by Photomatic.
Image ID BJ41_008_001
22. L. Thorp West Mersea bus in Colchester.
In the background are Babyland, Achille Serre Ltd Cleaners & Dyers, The Castle Garages Colchester Ltd - on the ...
Image ID BJ48_012_001
23. Thorp's Reliance Bus Service, West Mersea. Time Table commencing 1 June 1932.
Date: June 1931
Image ID BJ48_012_031
24. Thorp's Reliance Bus Service
West Mersea to Colchester
Great Wigborough and peldon to Colchester
Date: June 1932
Image ID BJ48_012_032
25. Thorp's Reliance Coaches, West Mersea, Essex. Time Table. Phone 100.
Great Wigborough Kings Head and Peldon to Colchester Parking Place.
Date: December 1932
Image ID BJ48_012_041
26. Thorp's Reliance Time Table
West Mersea - Colchester Route
Date: December 1932
Image ID BJ48_012_042
27. The Way We Were. Gazette 20 September 1976
Remember the first omnibus ?
Mr Stanley Berry interviewed. "That was our first bus - an old Da ...
Date: 20 September 1976
Image ID BJ48_028_001
28. Old Morris Cowley PU9044 and Austin Somerset cars in Barfield Road. Digby's shop in background.
Image ID BJ57_055_005
29. Whiting's Travelling - Bedford Dormobile WVW157 standing outside Underwood's Garage. WVW registrations were issued in Essex February to July 1953.
Date: cJuly 1953
Image ID BJ57_091_001
30. Thames Trader 317UVW belonging to Albert Carter (Produce) Ltd, Stratford Market. Outside Underwood's Garage, West Mersea.
Image ID BJ60_023_004