1. Ice around the houseboats in the hard winter 1962 - 1963. MEG MERRILIES and beyond her FATHOM ex DOROTHY, a former Admiralty ammunition barge.
Date: cJanuary 1963
Image ID ABD_013
2. Hove Creek and houseboats.
Image ID ATK_033
3. Fid Harnack's BEN GUNN in her mud berth at West Mersea.
Date: November 1970
Image ID CT02_085
4. Houseboats. ERYCINA (left) and EVANDRA (Fifie) formerly WMYC headquarters. In 1910 EVANDRA is mentioned in Yachting World [BOX115_001] as providing ...
Date: Before September 1913
Image ID CW5_093
5. Houseboats at West Mersea. Postcard mailed September 1909 from The Rest, W. Mersea.
"We have been living on the sea, only sleeping at house. The children ...
Date: Before September 1909
Image ID CW6_031
6. Houseboat in a creek - Fen Farm East Mersea. Early tents in the distance just to the right of it.
The houseboat was owned by a retired ballet teacher and ...
Image ID DBO_003
7. The Strood. Barge VICTA, looking somewhat derelict.
VICTA built 1874, Official No. 67085, formerly & CO.
Image ID DBO_017
8. HISPANIA leaving Mersea for restoration. Tug HOFLAND.
Image ID DEP_HIS_035
9. Houseboats from Coast Road. The MARY MILLER prominent in left background, was built Carrickfergus in 1881, Official Number 83974. She was owned in 1892 by John ...
Image ID FL12_009_001
10. Houseboat Fire. The houseboat ERYCINA at present occupied by Mrs Garrioch and her sister Mrs Goddard, was extensively damaged by fire on Monday afternoon. The ...
Date: 27 October 1941
Image ID FL14_013_009
11. MEG MERRILIES houseboat. An early photograph before any deckhouses were added.
Image ID GRS_OPA_001
12. MEG MERRILEES. Sue's Mum 1930 [Mrs Sprake]
Image ID GRS_OPA_003
13. Houseboat MEG MERRILEES 1931
Image ID GRS_OPA_013
14. MEG MERRILEES 1931 Freda
Image ID GRS_OPA_015
15. Houseboat NANCY LEE. Sue's Mum [Mrs Sprake] houseboats at bottom of Hove Hill.
Image ID GRS_OPA_025
16. Houseboat SEAHORSE after the 1953 Floods.
Date: cFebruary 1953
Image ID HAD01_016
17. ERYCINA houseboat, Coast Road, West Mersea
Image ID HBD_023
18. Houseboat COLUMBINE at West Mersea, nearing the end of her days. NADINE is behind her.
Date: 22 Sep 2021
Image ID HBT_CBN_001
19. Hove Creek - houseboats in the distance. SEAHORSE is still on the edge of the saltings.
Image ID HBT_OPA_013
20. Demolition of Graham Baker's houseboat OTHONA at West Mersea. She is thought to have come to West Mersea around 1934.
OTHONA ex LADY RUTH Wood Yawl ...
Date: 1 Feb 2021
Image ID HBT_OTH_003
21. 3D model of the 1893 houseboat OTHONA at West Mersea, from photos taken as the boat was being demolished 1 February 2021. The large deckhouse has been removed, ...
Date: 1 February 2021
Image ID HBT_OTH_007
22. Houseboat LORNA at West Mersea. Formerly VERA, but before that she had been LORNA. It is not known when VERA became LORNA but she was still VERA in 1974. The ...
Date: 22 Sep 2021
Image ID HBT_VER_001
23. HOTSPUR 1914. She arrived at Mersea the day World War One broke out.
Image ID HEM_OPA_017
24. HOTSPUR 1914
Image ID HEM_OPA_019
25. HOTSPUR 1914
Image ID HEM_OPA_021
26. HOTSPUR 1914
Image ID HEM_OPA_023
27. Arthur 'Nutty' Hempstead on HOTSPUR.
Image ID HEM_OPA_035
28. Houseboats on Coast Road. Boy and girl unknown. EVANDRA in background.
Image ID HEM_OPA_045
Image ID HEM_OPA_047
Image ID HEM_OPA_051