1. Victory Lane West Mersea. Looking down The Lane with the Ship Public House on the right.
The 1881 1891 Census list George Aldous at the Ship Inn, along ...
Date: Before May 1909
Image ID RG030111
2. Back of postcard of Victory Lane West Mersea. Posted 16 May 1909 from Southampton to Mrs J. Hewes and addressed Dear Mother and Father. "You can write c/o yacht ...
Date: 16 May 1909
Image ID RG030112
3. Cricket Team - West Mersea School.
Mr Ambridge - master.
Back row John Vince.
Middle row Ronnie Harvey
Front Ray Whiting.
Image ID RG030121
4. The Essex Shore - a magic lantern slide by Arthur R. Smith. The view is along the East Mersea shore towards the lane which comes down from East Mersea church. ...
Image ID RG03_001
5. Mersea Island Lions Club Charter Members. Photo taken in the Fox.
Back Row L-R 1. John Taylor, 2. Ken Mole, 3. Albert Streeter, 4. Eric Abey, 5. Dennis ...
Image ID RG03_003
6. Mersea Seed Growers at Bocking Hall Farm, West Mersea.
L-R Mabel Farthing [ later Mabel Benns ], ?, ?, Pullen, Pullen...
The armbands are in memory ...
Image ID RG03_006
7. East Mersea School.
Back row: Phyllis Richer, Joyce Marriage, Elsie Goodrum.
Middle row: 1. Harold Johnson, 2. Maurice Johnson, 3. Charles Farthing, ...
Image ID RG03_033
8. East Mersea School. Photographer Margetson & Son, 11 Alexandra Road, Colchester.
An original print on card, from Sheila Carter, wife of Des.
Image ID RG03_035
9. Miss Aldridge's Class of May 1959.
Back row 1. Rodney Hewes, 2. ?, 3. Adrian Mussett, 4. Peter Burrdige, 5. Paul Davis, 6. Paul Mussett, 7. ?
Date: May 1959
Image ID RG03_041
10. West Mersea School - Nelson 1926 1. Travers Cook 2. Dan Hearsum 3. Arthur Death 4. Alf Sales 5. Jack Hutchinson 6. ? Jenkins 7. Bert Chapman 8. Joss Green 9. ...
Image ID RG03_043
11. Three masted barge ZEBRINA. Official No. 60245, built Faversham 1873, registered Whitstable.
Image ID RG03_065
12. Donkey drawn milk cart outside the house called Beachy Head towards the top of Seaview Avenue. In the cart are David (left) and Douglas Cooke, on holiday in ...
Image ID RG03_080
13. Forester's Dinner, Fairhaven Restaurant.
Wyn Harrison, Maureen Cock née Lilley
Violet Stoker (Douglas's), Hector Stoker.
Pauleen Chatters, ...
Image ID RG03_090
14. Clark and Agnes (née French) Mussett.
Image ID RG03_101
15. L-R Emily Farthing, Maud ? Mole, ?
Image ID RG03_103
16. Back Aunt Ag (Agnes Mussett née French), Bertha, Granny French.
Image ID RG03_105
17. Emily Farthing née Green (on the right), with sons and sister-in-law.
Image ID RG03_107
18. The spritsail barge ISABEL of about 120 tons with a stack of hay and her gear lowered to pass under the London bridges. Built in Conyer Keny in ...
Image ID RG03_122
19. Wedding of Edna Mehalah Green and Leslie James Green at West Mersea Parish Church 5 November 1927. The building on the right is the Hall Barn.
Names from ...
Date: 5 November 1927
Image ID RG03_203
20. Wedding of Edna Mehalah Green and Leslie James Green at West Mersea Parish Church 5 November 1927.
Date: 5 November 1927
Image ID RG03_205
21. Wedding of Madge Green and Arthur Fielder.
Marjorie Nellie Green maried Arthur William Francis Fielder at West Mersea Parish Church on 29 March 1924.
Date: 29 March 1924
Image ID RG03_211
22. Topping Out. L-R Ron Pamment, Beverley Green, Ron Green, Bob Deal seated.
Image ID RG03_221
23. Ron Green bricking up a door, 19 Suffolk Avenue. James Green in the bath.
Image ID RG03_225
24. Building Peter Tucker's bungalow in Norfolk Avenue.
L-R 1. Reg Garrard, 2. Les Green., 3. Ron 'Charky' D'Wit, 4. Alec Green.
Image ID RG03_227
25. Official Log book of barge ZENOBIA, Official No. 91903, covering period 1 January 1922 to 30 June 1922.
Registered owner W.B. Howlett, 22 Park Place, ...
Date: 21 August 1922
Image ID RG03_281
26. Smack ELECTRON, owned by Phoenix 'Bill' Cook. Gillian Cook standing, Ethel ? seated.
Image ID RG03_321
27. Smack ELECTRON, owner 'Phoenix' Bill Cook with Gillian and Ethel Cook
Image ID RG03_323
28. KENGO, Ron Green
Image ID RG03_331
29. Dick Woolf with The Legend behind him. Oysters 1/- per doz.
Image ID RG03_345
30. GETTING READY FOR THE CARRIER
The shed was known as the Legend and could be floated to anywhere required on the Hard. 'Brassy' Mussett is seen with hands ...
Image ID RG03_347