1. Rye Harbour Regatta 1902. Great Uncle John Milgate.
Image ID MIL_OPA_011
2. Edward (Ted) Milgate, unknown lady, Albert (Chicks) Milgate and Arthur (Taffy) Milgate
Image ID MIL_OPA_015
3. Submarine - 1977 Regatta
Image ID MIL_OPA_017
4. Dabchicks at Bradwell. West Mersea Dabchicks at the Green Man 1948 L-R Top Row Sid Sherwood, Billy Johnson, Joe Hewes, Leo M-S, Reg Hempstead, Peter Mason L-R ...
Image ID MIL_OPA_027
5. The PURITAN on the mooring at bottom of Thornfleet. There is no 'Colchester' on name board.
Image ID MIL_OPA_035
6. PURITAN on the Main hard
Image ID MIL_OPA_037
7. PURITAN. Deck view on the mooring. Note good edge on mouth of 'Doitch'
Image ID MIL_OPA_039
8. PURITAN CK395 on mooring. Note few moorings in Thornfleet
Image ID MIL_OPA_041
9. Bill Wyatt and Bert Cudmore (Jack Cudmore's father?) in the Sailing and Social Club
Image ID MIL_OPA_043
10. The Hard. The barge on the left was there for several years. It eventually collapsed on Regatta Day.
Image ID MIL_OPA_051
11. Tiffin family. Collapsible canvas and wood dinghy on the right with a small catamaran to the left of it. The WINDFLOWER is visible in distance behind the jib on ...
Image ID MIL_OPA_053
12. Kenny Hewes and John Milgate. The boat is STEADY BARKER.
Image ID MIL_OPA_055
13. Ted Vince, John Milgate, Percy French, Albert Milgate (Chicks), Sooty Mussett taken in Lane
Image ID MIL_OPA_061
14. Photo Taken by Essex County Newspapers August 26th 1978 L-R Alpha-Pitt, Bill Wilkinson, 'Snowball' Hewes, Cyril Coates, 'Navvy' Mussett, Dick Harman, Hervey ...
Date: 26 August 1978
Image ID MIL_OPA_063
15. On the River Rother at Rye.
Image ID MIL_OPA_067
16. Titled 'some of the lads from the village' - Mussetts ?
Image ID MIL_OPA_071
17. Bert Hempstead on motorcycle EV6989. Johnny Hart's Hairdressing in High Street, behind Arthur Cock's butchers.
EV registrations were issued in Essex March ...
Image ID MIL_OPA_073
18. West Mersea Town Regatta. Postcard W.Mersea No.73
Image ID MIL_OPA_075
19. Grandad Milgate on the left, with perhaps Bob South, and two 'toffs' out for a sail. They would often hire a boat and a skipper for a month to go sailing. [ ...
Image ID MIL_OPA_091
20. Uncle Whitey Mussett, (Aunt Maud's husband). By the barometer at the Square, Coast Road.
On the right is Kenny Bacon - on bicycle with acetylene light.
Image ID MIL_OPA_093
21. Children in the Old City. Cornerways in background. The biggest boy is Archie Hempstead.
Image ID MIL_OPA_133
22. Sooty Mussett, Ted Vince. On Coast Road with Gowens in the background.
Front row 1. Ted Vince, 2., 3. (old) John Milgate, 4., 5. Sotty Mussett.
Image ID MIL_OPA_135
23. Children at the bottom of The Lane, with Old Victory and Cornerways in the background.
L-R 1. Ernest French, 2. Connie French, 3. Len French, 4. Ed Wyatt, ...
Image ID MIL_OPA_137
24. L-R Phil Darby (owner of THISBE), David Bacon, Jenny Milgate, John Milgate outside WMYC (during Regatta) c1956/7
Wendy Brady's knee is just visible.
Image ID MIL_OPA_139
25. Zebedee Milgate
"He lived to 80 in about 1945 still working to the last. A very interesting old sea dog, he had what is believed to be the last trial ...
Image ID MIL_OPA_141
26. There are two concrete boats in this picture. On the left is CRETACRE, built Hamworthy in 1918 and owned in Mersea 1933-38. In the centre is MOLLIETTE - a well ...
Image ID MIL_OPA_177
27. High Tide 2nd March 1949. Group on right - Dick Haward & Richard, 'Chippy' Pullen &'Tiddler' Mole.
Date: 2 March 1949
Image ID MIL_OPA_197
28. Janet Milgate, John's sister.
Image ID MIL_OPA_501
29. Janet Milgate, Firs Chase
Image ID MIL_OPA_511
30. Mersea - Bradwell Motor Boat Service July to September 1932. 2/6 return, no single fares. Agents are Digby Bros Ironmongers Mersea and Mr A.G. Bruce, the Green ...
Date: 19 July 1932.
Image ID MIL_OPA_517