1. Beach huts at West Mersea
Image ID ATK_005
2. Mersea Regatta
Image ID ATK_009
3. Mersea regatta 1957.
L-R David Stollery, Peter Pullen, Bill Baker, Arthur Bruce on the smack MARY of Colchester.
Image ID ATK_011
4. 1953 Fred Smith delivering bread!
Image ID ATK_013
5. Fred Smith delivering bread!
Image ID ATK_015
6. Horace French
Date: February 1981
Image ID ATK_017
7. Beach Tea Gardens - Spinney Cafe 1946/47, but more likely a little later
Image ID ATK_019
8. Fleet View Stores, Coast Road.
Alf Parrish left
Image ID ATK_021
9. Fleet View Stores, Coast Road
By 2019, this was Backwater Pearl
Image ID ATK_023
10. Outside Fleet View Stores. L-R Janice Tucker, Alf Parish, Mrs Howland
Image ID ATK_025
11. Outside Fleet View Stores, Coast Road. Alf Parrish on left.
Image ID ATK_029
12. St Peter's Meadow - the Cricket Field. From Coast Road looking across Besom towards Tollesbury.
Image ID ATK_031
13. Hove Creek and houseboats.
Image ID ATK_033
14. Ted Woolf oyster pits on Coast Road - just visible distant left is the laid up ship PHILOCTETES, which was in the Blackwater June 1946 to April 1948
Image ID ATK_035
15. John Tucker (Alan's brothers) and Michael Ralph, by the old boating lake.
Image ID ATK_037
16. Janice Parrish - Alan Tucker's wife. Mid 1950s. Beach huts and Spinney Cafe behind.
Image ID ATK_039
17. Janice Parrish and Patricia Catchpole on the beach near the Spinney Cafe.
Image ID ATK_041
18. Dawn at West Mersea - just across water from Bradwell where St. Cedd landed on his pilgrimage to bring the Christian faith to Essex. Newspaper cutting.
Image ID ATK_043
19. Bottom of Kingsland Road
Image ID ATK_045
| || |