Image 3 of 10
3 of 10 Slide Show Running|
A structure that has appeared from the mud to the east of the Blockhouse Fort near East Mersea Stone. The stakes are substantial - some are a metre high. They have since been dated by CITiZAN as between 1461 and 1636 AD and probably in use at the same time as the fort.
Was it a wharf, or perhaps part of a fish weir ?
Photo: Mersea Museum - CITiZAN
Image ID CZN_021
Category 1 Mersea-->Beach
Category 2 Mersea-->East
This image is part of the Mersea Museum Collection.