Here lyeth the body of Henry Bvllocke Late of Wigborowgh in the County of Essex who deceased ye 13 of June 1609.
Plaque in Great Wigborough Parish Church.
"The Parish Registers of Great and Little Wigborough" by P.A.F Stephenson gives us its origin:
A large Purbeck marble slab, now forming the stepping stone into the church from the porch, formerly held a brass, the screws of which still remain with indentations in the marble. This small brass in memory of Henry Bullock now on the chancel wall fits the indentation and was found by the Reverend F Theobald [rector from 1886 - 1925] on his appointment and was inserted by him in its present position for preservation. There is little doubt that during a former restoration the slab being found to fit the doorway was thus made use of and the brass torn off.
The story behind the brass of Henry Bullock
Transcription of Will of Henry Bullock of Great Wigborough 1609
Date: 13 June 1609