Search for Image ID "SS020006"

 Barclays Bank, the first bank on the island, in Church Road. Known as Bank House, it eventually became Cook's garden shop, but the shop closed in 2020.


Barclays & Company Limited had started in West Mersea as an agency run by Samuel Cant White. It was in a corrugated iron building, just off this picture to the right. See  ...
Cat1 Mersea-->Shops & Businesses Cat2 Mersea-->Buildings

Barclays Bank, the first bank on the island, in Church Road. Known as "Bank House", it eventually became Cook's garden shop, but the shop closed in 2020.

Barclays & Company Limited had started in West Mersea as an agency run by Samuel Cant White. It was in a corrugated iron building, just off this picture to the right. See SPM_001 for the start of the story.
On 28 February 1925, Barclays purchased land and buildings in Yorick Road. To continue the story, go to SPM_003 .


Date: 1913      

Photo: Brian Jay Collection
Image ID SS020006
Category 1 Mersea-->Shops & Businesses
Category 2 Mersea-->Buildings


    Top

This image is part of the Mersea Museum Collection.