Search for Image ID "RG14_001"

 The old house on the Marshes, painted by Les Green. The house was near the bottom of Rewsalls Lane, a little east of the present Youth Camp.

Ron has the original framed painting.


It is recorded on the 1838 Tithe Map as Cottage and Gardens, owner George Round, occupier Rev. Nathaniel Forster 

The cottage was also painted by Vera Page who lived at Rewsalls Farm, and she named it ...
Cat1 Mersea-->Buildings Cat2 Art-->Other Artists

The old house on the Marshes, painted by Les Green. The house was near the bottom of Rewsalls Lane, a little east of the present Youth Camp.
Ron has the original framed painting.

It is recorded on the 1838 Tithe Map as Cottage and Gardens, owner George Round, occupier Rev. Nathaniel Forster
The cottage was also painted by Vera Page who lived at Rewsalls Farm, and she named it Nanny Baker's Cottage. The two adjacent fields are named Nanny Baker's (146) and Nanny Baker's Nine Acres (147).
It was also known as Marsh Cottage.


Photo: Ron Green Collection
Image ID RG14_001
Category 1 Mersea-->Buildings


    Top

This image is part of the Mersea Museum Collection.