Search for Image ID "ALS_WHI_002" |
1937 Coronation Arch decorated by May Bros, Langenhoe. Pete Tye Common at the bottom of Langenhoe hill - the boundary of the parish. "Welcome to Loyal West Mersea".
This was the old boundary of West Mersea because it included the Manor of Pete Tye. It was not changed until April 1953, when the boundary with West Mersea moved to the Strood and most of the Manor of Pete Tye became Peldon.
Photo: Mersea Museum - Alan Smith Collection
Image ID ALS_WHI_002
Category 1 Mersea-->Events
Category 2 Places-->Langenhoe
Category 3 Mersea-->Road Scenes
Category 4 Places-->Peldon-->Road Scenes
This image is part of the Mersea Museum Collection.