Mersea Island Museum - Blackwater Ships


Ship:      ARMILLA
Arrived:24 April 1945
Departed:2 August 1946
Career:Built as HELIX for Shell Tankers [UK]. 1938 transferred to Nederlands Indische Tank Stoomboot Mij. and renamed ARMILLA 1938. Under control of Anglo Saxon Petroleum Company for most of WW2.
24 April 1945 arrived River Blackwater to be laid up. Returned to Netherlands Government by Ministry of War Transport September 1945. 2 August 1946 left Blackwater for Sunderland for repairs.
Broken up Hong Kong 18 Sep 1957.
- 30 June 1945 9 5/7 weeks compensation. W. Fieldgate & Son.
- 2 August 1946 Compensation 6 days.
Tonnage:3,007 gross
Built:1931
Type:Tanker
Owner:Nederlands Indische Tank
Official No:162562
ID1162562

Copyright Mersea Island Museum Trust 2017

";