Built as MONTILLA for Blue Star Line.
1920 renamed GAELICSTAR.
1929 renamed GAELIC STAR.
5 August 1949 delivered to Italian owners and renamed CAPO NOLI.
July 1959 broken up at Trieste.
From Oyster Company ledger:
- 12 February 1949 Compensation 6 wks 3 days Blue Star Line Ltd.
- 13 August 1949 Compensation 2 wks.
Blue Star Line
Above: Blue Star Line GAELIC STAR Official No. 140302 in the River Blackwater. Believed to have arrived December 1948. She was sold to Italian owners August 1949 and renamed CAPO NOLI. Date: 25 June 1949. Source: Mersea Museum / Tony Atkinson Collection