Mersea Island Museum - Blackwater Ships


Ship:      CEDAR BRANCH
Arrived:14 April 1931
Departed:16 June 1932
Career:Ritson's Branch Line. Sold to A. Lusi, London and renamed AENOS - 1932. Sunk by submarine U-38 59.00N 13.00W 17th October 1940.
Dates from Oyster Company ledger. From 1 June 1932 she appears as AENOS.

"Haven of Rest" by Douglas Gurton lists vessel but has no further info. See DJG_SHP

Tonnage:3,554 gross
Built:1910
Type:Cargo ship
Owner:F. & W. Ritson
Official No:123970
ID1123970

Copyright Mersea Island Museum Trust 2017

";