31. View down Salcott Creek.
Image ID KBA_CRK_015
32. Besom Creek at the western end of Mersea Island with the River Blackwater beyond. The vessel laid up in the river is thought to be WILD AUK, 9,601 tons gross, ...
Date: cAugust 1975
Image ID LH39_006
33. 1881 Ordnance Survey Map. West Mersea, Mersea Fleet, Thorn Fleet, Little Ditch, Cobmarsh Island, Besom Channel, The Ray.
Accession No. 2011-11-005C ...
Image ID MAP_1881_001
34. Mistral. Journal of the Mersea Island Society. 2007 Page 17.
Essex Salt Marshes by Mark Huges. AGM 2005
History and ecology of the salt marshes. ...
Date: March 2007
Image ID MIS_2007_019
35. Hove Creek, with Coast Road behind. Oysterman on the right with a tendle on his arm and another on the ground, wearing the canvas smock much favoured by many of ...
Date: Before 1928
Image ID MMC_L198_027
36. St Peter's Meadow from Hove Creek. GREY GULL, CK144, owned by Bunny and Bill Cook.
Date: Before 1984
Image ID MMC_P1005_003
37. View of Mersea from a boat. WOODPECKER.
12 Jan 2018 Graham Knott: WOODPECKER was Graham Wood's boat and Hoss Hoy's boat on the right. Wyatt's tug in centre ...
Image ID MMC_P369_004
38. Looking across St. Peter's Meadow to the beach and fisherman's hard, from Coast Road. Hove Creek comes in bottom right. There is a line of barbed wire just ...
Image ID MMC_P452
39. Hove Creek and the houseboats from Hove Hill. The tall funnel of SEAHORSE can be seen - she was not in her final resting place which was nearer Coast Road.
Image ID MMC_P753_A_010
40. Rose Bank Hill, West Mersea. W.H. Tilstone's Series postcard.
Image ID MMC_P755_005
41. Hove Creek - smacksmen are setting their trawls on the marsh beside the creek, with Jim Cook senior (in white) sitting on beam. Half a dozen smacks can be seen ...
Image ID MMC_P755_017
42. Hove Creek, working on a trawl. Jim Cook Snr in white.
Image ID MMC_P755_023
43. Orleans Cottage, West Mersea, with the church beyond. Kings Hard in the foreground.
W.H. Tilston's Series postcard.
Image ID MMC_P755_067
44. Charles Cook, known as 'Tuddy' or 'Gunner') winkling off the Monkey Beach. Coast Road, Coastguard mast and the church in the background. Another copy of this ...
Date: Before June 1905
Image ID MMC_P755_091
45. "Meditation". Annie Mabel Cooke on Ray Island.
Annie Mabel Cooke was probably born 1892 and the daugher of Elijah William "Robert" Cooke and Ellen Ennew. ...
Date: Before October 1906
Image ID MMC_P755_099
46. Buzz'n from the Monkey Steps
Image ID MMC_P870_H
47. Hove Creek. "Mr Jim Mussett" is written on back. Another copy has caption "Harold Cutts aged 22-23", and yet another copy "Hove Creek - Clarke Mussett and Jack ...
Image ID MST_OPA_037
48. Barge in Thornfleet, West Mersea
Image ID MW1_OPA_067
49. A barge leaving Mersea having discharged timber on the Hard. Two packing sheds are visible on the left.
A picture from one of the slide shows run in Mersea ...
Image ID MW1_OPA_071
50. Kings Hard, West Mersea - looking towards Orleans and the Church.
Postcard from Hammond, Great Totham, addressed to Miss Evelyn Turner, Post Office, West ...
Date: Before June 1911
Image ID PG2_617
51. A walk round Mersea Island. Pyefleet Creek looking across to Pewit Island.
Date: 16 March 2012
Image ID PJH_WRM_339
52. Special meeting over yacht centre. Opposition grows on Mersea Island.
From Essex County Standard
Date: 23 July 1965
Image ID PMS_SB01_003
53. No bungalow on Ray Island: shock decision.
Planning permission revoked after Mr Harrington, the owner who obtained planning permission immediately put it ...
Date: cOctober 1965
Image ID PMS_SB01_043
54. May 2015 Des Kaliszewski sailed his barge CYGNET up Pyefleet to the Strood. It is many years since barges regularly came up to the Strood to unload at the wharf ...
Date: 22 May 2015
Image ID PP4_CYG_828
55. Coast Road and the Hard in the background.
Image ID PUL_OPA_123
56. NELLIE PARKER when owned by Wakeley Bros. Mersea Quarters in the late 1930s.
Image ID RG03_845
57. Ray Island, West Mersea. Postcard 14377, postmarked 16 Sep 1923.
Date: Before September 1923
Image ID RG04_087
58. The Monkey Beach, West Mersea, looking east towards Beach Road and the Boat House. Postcard 78486 postmarked 24 December 1914.
Date: Before December 1914
Image ID RG04_093
59. Punts in Hove Creek. Lilywhite postcard - another copy was mailed 20 Aug 1937.
Date: Before August 1937
Image ID RG050302
60. The Brightlingsea owned ketch barge BRITANNIC unloading coal at Mersea. She was built at Southtown Suffolk in 1891.
Image ID RG06_107