181. View from beach, West Mersea. Shipping is laid up in the Blackwater after WW2. The vessel on th right is the former Blue Funnel vessel PHILOCTETES, which had ...
Image ID IA003420
182. Laid up shipping and an icy River Blackwater, taken from Bradwell in the icy winter of 1962-1963.
Date: cJanuary 1963
Image ID IA003440
183. View from BRAZILIAN PRINCE of laid up shipping in the River Blackwater. The vessel astern in MARIA DE LARRINAGA.
Image ID IA003471
184. Shipping laid up in the Blackwater taken from BRAZILIAN PRINCE, looking east. The power station can just be seen under construction behind the OKEANIS and the ...
Image ID IA003473
185. RAF Rescue Helicopter on the School Field, West Mersea. It was being used to supply the laid-up ships in the River Blackwater during the cold winter of 1962-63. ...
Date: 23 January 1963
Image ID IA003490
186. Tanker BEDFORD laid up in the River Blackwater.
Date: cJuly 1960
Image ID IA003650
187. The Liberty Ship SAMLONG in the River Blackwater, taken from Mell Creek, Tollesbury. Part of a postcard - see ...
Image ID IA003870
188. Shell tanker HYALINA laid up in the River Blackwater. The goliath crane at Bradwell Power Station is behind her stern.
HYALINA was in the river 20 Jan 1958 to ...
Image ID IA003880_001
189. Shell tankers laid up in River Blackwater. The central vessel is thought to be NACELLA.
Image ID IA003880_003
190. PORT CURTIS laid up, believed to be in the River Blackwater. Built 1920, Official No. 144533. In a seasonal trade, she was laid up 5 times between February 1931 ...
Date: cAugust 1931
Image ID IA004621
191. IMPERIAL PRINCE, thought to be whilst laid up in the River Blackwater in the early 1930s. Official No. 146553.
Image ID IA004631
192. Blue Star Line GAELIC STAR Official No. 140302 in the River Blackwater.
Tony Atkinson gives her history from arrival in River ...
Date: 25 June 1949
Image ID IA004661
193. Tanker SUHAIL laid up in River Blackwater. She was in the river 28 June 1960 to 17 December 1963 with a visit to London for dry docking 4-9 November 1962.
Date: 16 September 1962
Image ID IA01_471
194. CAPTAIN JOHN laid up in River Blackwater
Date: 8 May 1984
Image ID IA01_863
195. A 1930s postcard showing a Prince Line vessel laid up in the River Blackwater
Image ID IC010001
196. Wymarks Beach, Bradwell on Sea. Postcard franked 13 July 1965.
Baffle Wall for the power station is being built. From L to R the ships are probably MALDEN ...
Image ID IC010030
197. The River Blackwater from Bradwell waterfront. Laid up ships in the distance - the centre and right ships are Royal Mail Lines' DESEADO and DARRO respectively. ...
Image ID IC010050
198. BASIL, probably while she was laid up in the River Blackwater c1962.
Photograph from A. Duncan, Gravesend.
Image ID IC090002
199. BEECH HILL, believed to be in the River Blackwater, with MALDEN HILL behind her bow and Bradwell power station being constructed behind her stern.
Date: cFebruary 1958
Image ID IC090005
200. Bradwell Power Station under construction. Steamer PUNTARENAS is to the left of the crane.
Image ID IC090008
201. PUNTARENAS, thought to be whilst laid up in the River Blackwater. She was in the river from 24 November 1957 and arrived Aviles, Spain for breaking up 5 ...
Image ID IC090011
202. Nelson Line M class vessel laid up in the River Blackwater.
The vessel thought to be either MURILLO, MOLIERE or MEISSONIER.
Part of postcard 126362.
Date: 30 November 1932
Image ID IC090021_001
203. Ships in the River Blackwater, taken from Bradwell.
The vessel on the right is BENGUELA, broken up September 1933.
There are two Houlder Bros vessels in the ...
Date: Before September 1933
Image ID IC090023
204. Union Castle RIEBEECK CASTLE, thought to be during one of her visits to the River Blackwater - she was in the river 1962, 1963 and 1966-67.
Image ID IC090029
205. Shell tanker NEVERITA laid up, thought to be in the River Blackwater. She was in the river from about July 1961 to February 1963, when she went for scrap. ...
Image ID IC090061
206. BRAZILIAN PRINCE - photograph thought to be while laid up in the River Blackwater. She was in the river from 22 January 1958 to 11 November ...
Date: cAugust 1958
Image ID IC09_125
207. Eagle Oil tanker SAN ELISEO laid up, believed to be in the River Blackwater. She was in the river from October 1960 to April 1963, when she went for scrap.
Image ID IC09_131
208. Former Eagle Oil tanker SAN VITO laid up in River Blackwater.
Image ID IC09_141
209. Shell Tanker NUCULANA laid up in the River Blackwater.
Image ID IC09_145
210. Shell tanker LINGA laid up in the River Blackwater. She paid two visits to the Blackwater 1958 - 1963.
Image ID IC09_147