211. Victoria Esplanade and beach, West Mersea, looking to the Two Sugars Cafe --- formerly a World War 2 gun emplacement.
Image ID TMPC0701
212. The Beach, West Mersea
Image ID TMPC0705
213. Phyllis Game née D'Witt with Laura and Colin Game, on West Mersea beach below Victoria Esplanade.
Image ID VDW_031
214. Cudmore Grove & the bowling Green in the 1920s. Ordnance Survey maps of the time use the name Cudmore Grove for the row of woodland upper left on the ...
Image ID WLD_FEN_001
215. Houseboat in the creek below Fen Farm, East Mersea. It was owned by a retired ballet dancer "Miss Collette" who was the wife of a famous new magnate, Reuter. In ...
Image ID WLD_FEN_041
216. Ralph to the rescue - Shell Beach, Fen Farm. Land Rover in the mud.
Image ID WLD_FEN_163
217. High Tide - Fen Farm
Image ID WLD_OPA_001
218. High Tide - Fen Farm
Image ID WLD_OPA_003
219. High Tide - Fen Farm
Image ID WLD_OPA_005
220. High Tide - Fen Farm
Image ID WLD_OPA_007
221. Whitsun 1956. Names ?
Date: May 1956
Image ID WLD_OPA_231
222. Easter 1932 Bowling Green. Steven King (Lena's boss). Cudmore Grove on the left in the background - it was only a strip of woodland in those days.
Date: March 1932
Image ID WLD_OPA_243
223. Linden Le Marquand and Ben, Fen Farm.
Date: August 1981
Image ID WLD_OPA_253
224. Winter 79. [Linden Le Marquand ?]
Date: cDecember 1979
Image ID WLD_OPA_255
225. Aug 1932 Riches family? Before Youth Camp was built
Date: August 1932
Image ID WLD_OPA_257
226. View towards Coast Road and the Monkey steps from Cricket Field, West Mersea.
Postcard to Miss Smith, c/o Horwood & Cowpey 34 High Street, Colchester, from N. ...
Date: Before October 1903
Image ID WMC_001_011
227. West Mersea Beach Extension (Compulsory Purchase) Order 1947
West Mersea Urban District Council, signed E. Potter Digby and W.H. ...
Date: 16 June 1947
Image ID WMC_007_101
228. On the beach at the bottom of Seaview Avenue. Shameen in the background.
Image ID WVR1_002
229. Vera, Emily and Hardie Weaver (in sun hat - born June 1910, so this picture is around 1913 ?). [Emily was wife of Leonard Weaver, mother of Vera (about 1902), ...
Image ID WVR1_020
230. Two small lugsail boats working from West Mersea beach. A family group wants to board by crossing the rowboat while young Hardy Weaver makes sand castles
Image ID WVR1_033
231. Barge MAFEKING unloading bricks on Mersea beach for building houses in Fairhaven Avenue, West Mersea.
Image ID WVR1_037
232. Weaver family baby on beach at bottom of Seaview Avenue. Shameen in the background.
Image ID WVR1_040
233. Kings Hard near church.
Image ID WVR1_073
234. Weaver family on beach by Kings Hard. Orleans just visible right in background.
Image ID WVR1_074
235. Kiddiesland booklet, page 4.
Bathing and paddling pool looking west.
Image ID YC36_BK1_006
236. Kiddiesland booklet, page 6.
Image ID YC36_BK1_008
237. Kiddiesland booklet, page 12.
Cascade and bathing pool. Sand play area beyond it. View looking east.
Image ID YC36_BK1_014
238. Kiddiesland booklet, page 14.
Sand play area.
Image ID YC36_BK1_016
| || |