211. Looking East towards Monkey Beach from Buzz'n.
There is often speculation about the concrete blocks that are by the beach at its western end, near Buzz'n ...
Image ID TM1_7429
212. A view of the concrete blocks by the beach near Buzz'n and thought to be an anti-landing craft defence.. The base of an old pillbox can be seen on the right.
Image ID TM1_7433
213. Shears Court and Shears Crescent in the early 1970s. Photograph from Ronnie Fisher, who lived in the top right flat in Shears Court.
The base of the ...
Image ID TM3_2797
214. Victoria Esplanade and beach, West Mersea, looking to the Two Sugars Cafe --- formerly a World War 2 gun emplacement.
Image ID TMPC0701
215. The Beach, West Mersea
Image ID TMPC0705
216. Phyllis Game née D'Witt with Laura and Colin Game, on West Mersea beach below Victoria Esplanade.
Image ID VDW_031
217. Cudmore Grove & the bowling Green in the 1920s. Ordnance Survey maps of the time use the name Cudmore Grove for the row of woodland upper left on the ...
Image ID WLD_FEN_001
218. Houseboat in the creek below Fen Farm, East Mersea. It was owned by a retired ballet dancer "Miss Collette" who was the wife of a famous new magnate, Reuter. In ...
Image ID WLD_FEN_041
219. Ralph to the rescue - Shell Beach, Fen Farm. Land Rover in the mud.
Image ID WLD_FEN_163
220. High Tide - Fen Farm
Image ID WLD_OPA_001
221. High Tide - Fen Farm
Image ID WLD_OPA_003
222. High Tide - Fen Farm
Image ID WLD_OPA_005
223. High Tide - Fen Farm
Image ID WLD_OPA_007
224. Whitsun 1956. Names ?
Date: May 1956
Image ID WLD_OPA_231
225. Easter 1932 Bowling Green. Steven King (Lena's boss). Cudmore Grove on the left in the background - it was only a strip of woodland in those days.
Date: March 1932
Image ID WLD_OPA_243
226. Linden Le Marquand and Ben, Fen Farm.
Date: August 1981
Image ID WLD_OPA_253
227. Winter 79. [Linden Le Marquand ?]
Date: cDecember 1979
Image ID WLD_OPA_255
228. Aug 1932 Riches family? Before Youth Camp was built
Date: August 1932
Image ID WLD_OPA_257
229. View towards Coast Road and the Monkey steps from Cricket Field, West Mersea.
Postcard to Miss Smith, c/o Horwood & Cowpey 34 High Street, Colchester, from N. ...
Date: Before October 1903
Image ID WMC_001_011
230. West Mersea Beach Extension (Compulsory Purchase) Order 1947
West Mersea Urban District Council, signed E. Potter Digby and W.H. ...
Date: 16 June 1947
Image ID WMC_007_101
231. Beach and Bathing Tents, West Mersea. Another copy of this postcard is postmarked 1907.
Date: Before 1907
Image ID WOO_ABM_105
232. On the beach at the bottom of Seaview Avenue. Shameen in the background.
Image ID WVR1_002
233. Vera, Emily and Hardie Weaver (in sun hat - born June 1910, so this picture is around 1913 ?). [Emily was wife of Leonard Weaver, mother of Vera (about 1902), ...
Image ID WVR1_020
234. Two small lugsail boats working from West Mersea beach. A family group wants to board by crossing the rowboat while young Hardy Weaver makes sand castles
Image ID WVR1_033
235. Barge MAFEKING unloading bricks on Mersea beach for building houses in Fairhaven Avenue, West Mersea.
Image ID WVR1_037
236. Weaver family baby on beach at bottom of Seaview Avenue. Shameen in the background.
Image ID WVR1_040
237. Kings Hard near church.
Image ID WVR1_073
238. Weaver family on beach by Kings Hard. Orleans just visible right in background.
Image ID WVR1_074
239. Kiddiesland booklet, page 4.
Bathing and paddling pool looking west.
Image ID YC36_BK1_006
240. Kiddiesland booklet, page 6.
Image ID YC36_BK1_008