211. West Mersea Urban District Council lifebuoy on beach.
Image ID SDH_AB1_018_001
212. Laid up ships in River Blackwater.
L-R 1. tanker, probably 1. FILTRIC, 2. ESPERANCE BAY, 3. GOTHIC.
GOTHIC arrived 6 September 1954 and ESPERANCE BAY ...
Date: c7 September 1954
Image ID SDH_AB1_028_003
213. Fun on the beach. Oardlers Oardling. Valerie Mansfield and Roy Keene.
Image ID SDH_ODG_007
214. Fun on the beach. Oardlers Oardling. Valerie Mansfield and Roy Keene.
By the Monkey Steps with Orleans Wall in background.
Image ID SDH_ODG_011
215. The beach, West Mersea. Postcard by F.W. Pawsey & Sons. FWP049.
Image ID SFR_270
216. The Beach. View on the South Side of the Queen's Estate, West Mersea.
From a Souvenir brochure advertising property for sale in West Mersea. This sale was ...
Date: Before 24 August 1907
Image ID SH01_001_010_001
217. West Mersea beach in the 1920s. Postcard 141507.
Written on the back of the card: "Our chalet, Coopers Beach, East Mersea on this misty lovely moring. 9 ...
Image ID SKP_027
218. Beach Huts at West Mersea. Tony Millatt at back. Front: Gordon Meekings, Dennis Johnson, Pat Bishop ?, ?
The Millatt family had 2 beach huts in the top row ...
Image ID TBM_HUT_001
219. Former World War 2 fortifications by the Monkey Beach, West Mersea. The concrete blocks had been hidden by the mud for several years. They are now slowly ...
Date: 26 June 2007
Image ID TM1_7428
220. Looking East towards Monkey Beach from Buzz'n.
There is often speculation about the concrete blocks that are by the beach at its western end, near Buzz'n ...
Image ID TM1_7429
221. A view of the concrete blocks by the beach near Buzz'n and thought to be an anti-landing craft defence.. The base of an old pillbox can be seen on the right.
Image ID TM1_7433
222. Shears Court and Shears Crescent in the early 1970s. Photograph from Ronnie Fisher, who lived in the top right flat in Shears Court.
The base of the ...
Image ID TM3_2797
223. Victoria Esplanade and beach, West Mersea, looking to the Two Sugars Cafe --- formerly a World War 2 gun emplacement.
Image ID TMPC0701
224. The Beach, West Mersea
Image ID TMPC0705
225. Phyllis Game née D'Witt with Laura and Colin Game, on West Mersea beach below Victoria Esplanade.
Image ID VDW_031
226. Cudmore Grove & the bowling Green in the 1920s. Ordnance Survey maps of the time use the name Cudmore Grove for the row of woodland upper left on the ...
Image ID WLD_FEN_001
227. Houseboat in the creek below Fen Farm, East Mersea. It was owned by a retired ballet dancer "Miss Collette" who was the wife of a famous new magnate, Reuter. In ...
Image ID WLD_FEN_041
228. Ralph to the rescue - Shell Beach, Fen Farm. Land Rover in the mud.
Image ID WLD_FEN_163
229. High Tide - Fen Farm
Image ID WLD_OPA_001
230. High Tide - Fen Farm
Image ID WLD_OPA_003
231. High Tide - Fen Farm
Image ID WLD_OPA_005
232. High Tide - Fen Farm
Image ID WLD_OPA_007
233. Whitsun 1956. Names ?
Date: May 1956
Image ID WLD_OPA_231
234. Easter 1932 Bowling Green. Steven King (Lena's boss). Cudmore Grove on the left in the background - it was only a strip of woodland in those days.
Date: March 1932
Image ID WLD_OPA_243
235. Linden Le Marquand and Ben, Fen Farm.
Date: August 1981
Image ID WLD_OPA_253
236. Winter 79. [Linden Le Marquand ?]
Date: cDecember 1979
Image ID WLD_OPA_255
237. Aug 1932 Riches family? Before Youth Camp was built
Date: August 1932
Image ID WLD_OPA_257
238. View towards Coast Road and the Monkey steps from Cricket Field, West Mersea.
Postcard to Miss Smith, c/o Horwood & Cowpey 34 High Street, Colchester, from N. ...
Date: Before October 1903
Image ID WMC_001_011
239. West Mersea Beach Extension (Compulsory Purchase) Order 1947
West Mersea Urban District Council, signed E. Potter Digby and W.H. ...
Date: 16 June 1947
Image ID WMC_007_101
240. Beach and Bathing Tents, West Mersea. Another copy of this postcard is postmarked 1907.
Date: Before 1907
Image ID WOO_ABM_105