31. MICHALAKIS on the mud near the bottom of Empress Avenue.
Beryl Milgate, Ron Pamment, Alan Pamment.
From Album 3.
Date: c14 February 1958
Image ID FL03_028_003
32. Girl Guides West Mersea Cooking & Camp Fire.
Image ID GG04_006_001
33. Girl Guides West Mersea Cooking & Camp Fire.
Image ID GG04_006_003
34. Girl Guides West Mersea Cooking & Camp Fire.
Image ID GG04_006_005
35. Girl Guides West Mersea Cooking & Camp Fire.
Image ID GG04_006_007
36. Girl Guides West Mersea Cooking & Camp Fire.
Image ID GG04_006_009
37. Land Army girls with Alexandra Family at the bottom of Fairhaven Avenue. Fairhaven Cafe in the background.
Image ID GRD_LAN_019
38. Beach Huts after the 1953 Floods. Between Fairhaven and Seaview Avenue.
Date: cFebruary 1953
Image ID HAD01_003
39. Alice Hewes, Robert and Betty at West Mersea.
Image ID HAY_HEW_106
40. Alice Hewes, Gill, Rob at West Mersea
Image ID HAY_HEW_108
41. George Pullen & Chum. Kingsland Beach.
Image ID HAY_PUG_040
42. Cooper's Beach
Image ID HHD_CPB_001
43. Cooper's Beach
Image ID HHD_CPB_013
44. Cliffs at Cooper's Beach
Image ID HHD_CPB_019
45. The Beach, West Mersea. Postcard by F.W. Pawsey & Sons.
Image ID IA002340
46. This Floating Dock was blown ashore on Decoy Point in the recent gales. Newspaper cutting dated Feb 15, 1946.
Date: 15 February 1946
Image ID IA002680
47. West Mersea beach with the ice piled up in the hard winter of 1962-63.
Date: January 1963
Image ID IA003450
48. Ice piled up on the beach at West Mersea, in the hard winter of 1962-63. There was a lot of ice in the river and the creeks round Mersea were all frozen, except ...
Date: cJanuary 1963
Image ID IA003451
49. Pathway and stakes below the beach near East Mersea Blockhouse Fort. The stakes have been appearing over the past 2 years as the mud has eroded. It is not yet ...
Date: 28 November 2017
Image ID IA01_691
50. Beach huts at West Mersea after the 1953 Great Flood.
Date: February 1953
Image ID IC090031
51. Sea Front, West Mersea. Postcard mailed 12 July 1926 from 2 Alexandria Cottages, East Mersea.
Date: Before July 1926
Image ID IC090071
52. Jack Botham aerial photograph 9110A. Coopers Beach chalets and caravans.
Image ID JBA_066
53. Jack Botham aerial photograph 3205. Decoy Point. Early days at Waldegraves Caravan site.
Image ID JBA_089
54. Jack Botham Aerial photograph 3211. Victoria Esplanade car park. Alexandra Avenue.
Image ID JBA_128
55. Jack Botham aerial photograph 2223. Western end of the Esplanade. Broomhills Road. Spinney Cafe in the centre.
Image ID JBA_135
56. Jack Botham aerial photograph 3213. Boating Lake in centre with Lower Kingsland Road beyond. Corner of Broomhills Road and Victoria Esplanade on right.
Image ID JBA_658
57. Continuing a 70-year old Mersea Tradition, Peter French conducted yet another Beach Club for the children of visitors and residents in July 1998.
Used in ...
Date: July 1998
Image ID JCN_008
58. Boating Lake
Image ID LAM_007
59. Beach holiday - swimming raft.
Image ID LAM_025
60. Shears Court flats, built on the site of the boating lake.
Image ID LH4_041