181. The Beach, West Mersea. Postcard 84650, sent to Miss Winifred Farthing in Essex County Hospital, 21 February 1923
Date: Before 21 February 1923
Image ID RFX_029
182. The Essex Shore - a magic lantern slide by Arthur R. Smith. The view is along the East Mersea shore towards the lane which comes down from East Mersea church. ...
Image ID RG03_001
183. The Monkey Beach, West Mersea, looking east towards Beach Road and the Boat House. Postcard 78486 postmarked 24 December 1914.
Date: Before December 1914
Image ID RG04_093
184. Sea Wall - West Mersea. The Church with Orleans in front of it, from Kings Hard.
Image ID RG04_097
185. Paddling at West Mersea. By the Monkey Steps.
Another copy of this card was mailed from Daisy Bank, West Mersea 13 August 1913.
Date: Before August 1913
Image ID RG11_185
186. Whale washed up on the Mersea beach. One of the 25ft whales washed up on Mersea Island 30 July 1939. Seen by Mr Lungley, it looked like an overturned boat with ...
Date: 30 July 1939
Image ID RG11_235
187. The Beach, West Mersea. Kingsland Beach with the windpump at Shears Meadow boating lake in the distance. Postcard mailed 6 May 1948.
Date: Before May 1948
Image ID RG11_271
188. The Beach Looking West. Postcard WM11 by Lilywhite.
In fact it is looking East - at the bottom of the monkey steps.
Postcard mailed 16 August 1928
Date: Before August 1928
Image ID RG14_235
189. Floating Dock which had been laid up in the Blackwater after the war, and ended up on the beach near Decoy.
Thought to be ADMIRALTY FLOATING DOCK NO.76. ...
Date: March 1946
Image ID RG17_301
190. West Mersea beach - Searchlight Cafe. It contained one of two searchlights that were along the beach during WW2.
Trevor Cock behind the counter.
Image ID RG19_147
191. View by Monkey Steps on Coast Road looking across cricket field to Buzzen and Cobmarsh. The back of the photograph says 'Mersea from the city.
Date: May 1934
Image ID RG19_205
192. The beach at the bottom of Seaview Avenue. Postcard by Hammond, mailed 4 August 1911.
Date: Before August 1911
Image ID RG25_229
193. Seaplane off Monkey Beach c. 1933. Since the engines appear to be Rolls Royce Kestrels rather than Napier Lions, the plane is almost certainly a Scapa. This was ...
Image ID RG27_157
194. West Mersea Boating Lake, Shears Meadow. Goings Lane and Kingsland Road in the background. The lady on the right is Muriel Smith. The boats are the 'new' boats ...
Image ID RG27_241
195. Trippers. Ethel Green. Teddy Vince with boat on the beach.
Image ID RG27_347
196. Monkey Beach. Postcard 84653.
Date: Before June 1927
Image ID RG27_563
197. Beach Bungalows, West Mersea. Kingsland Beach and Lavender Cottage.
Image ID RMY_OPA_007
198. Shaped stones found off Coopers beach. 2 groups of 11 stones, more scattered. Crudely tapered on 4 sides
Image ID RMY_OPA_061
199. Stones found on shore by Coopers Beach. See ...
Image ID RMY_OPA_063
200. Buzz'n and the end of the beach
Image ID RMY_OPA_111
201. West Mersea Lifeboat exercise with RAF Wessex helicopter XT680 and lifeboat ALEXANDER DUCKHAM attending a 'fire' on SCEPTRE.
Image ID RNLI_TS2_437
202. Dutch coaster ashore on West Mersea sea front.
Thought to be MEDINA W build as VOLENTE 1963 Niersten Sander, LR number 5383184. Ex GRETA C-1983, ...
Date: After June 1983
Image ID RNLI_TS4_437
203. West Mersea Lifeboat exercise off Kingsland Beach. RAF Wessex XT680. This helicopter was sold to New Zealand in 2004 and in 2011 was said to be in store, ...
Image ID RNLI_TS5_531
204. Rosie's dad (left) and his 2 brothers (one Stan). [Rosie Bird née Johnson.]
Image ID RSB_005
205. West Mersea beach. L to R Maurice Johnson, Mrs Alice Johnson, Mrs Alice Lyall and son George, Harold Johnson, Bertha Johnson. George was born 1924.
Image ID RSB_023
206. The wall below the monkey steps, West Mersea. The wall was tall in those days! The postcard was mailed Septemberr 1956 but the view looks much older than this.
Image ID RUD_MIS_029
207. CSSM Sunshine Corner on West Mersea Beach. It evolved into the Beach Club.
Peter Rudlin is 2nd from lower right in dark pullover.
Upper left ...
Image ID RUD_MIS_151
208. Sunshine Corner on West Mersea Beach. It evolved into the Beach Club.
Conducting is Alan Barrow from London. On the left is Arthur Briars. Playing the ...
Image ID RUD_MIS_153
209. West Mersea beach and Victoria Esplanade.
Part of a collection of aerial views of Mersea taken by Stacey Belbin. If you are interested in purchasing any of ...
Date: 27 April 2014
Image ID SBB_3272
210. Victoria Esplanade, West Mersea.
Part of a collection of aerial views of Mersea taken by Stacey Belbin. If you are interested in purchasing any of these ...
Date: 27 April 2014
Image ID SBB_3273