91. Mersea buses in Stanwell Street, Colchester. Herbert Green on left. Bob Woodward leaning on radiator.
Ron Green writes: Those buses were not fast by ...
Image ID MMC_P21_E
92. Charabanc ME124 at the Strood, West Mersea. High tide.
Date: Before 1931
Image ID MMC_P405_007
93. Great Eastern bus at the Strood, Mersea Island. BJ329.
Great Eastern was the second bus company to run service from North Station to White Hart.
Date: Before 11 March 1907
Image ID MMC_P719B
94. Queens Corner from Upland House.
Image ID MMC_P753_A_007
95. The view from Upland House. Joe Pullen with donkey and cart. Bus coming round Queen's corner.
Image ID MMC_P753_A_019
96. Johnny Dixon with the island's rubbish cart. He is touching his hat to the photographer.
The view is looking across Kingsland Road with Upland ...
Date: cMay 1935
Image ID MMC_P753_A_056
97. The view from Upland House. Eastern National Leyland bus. Arthur 'Snuffy' Cornelius's house and cycle shop selling petrol over the road.
Image ID MMC_P753_A_078
98. Clifford White's lorries unloading barges on the Hard. The barge on the left is the RUSSELL, loaded with bricks; in the centre with timber is GOLDEN FLEECE of ...
Image ID MMC_P755_026
99. "Our Wants Supplied". Great Eastern Railway bus F1610 outside the White Hart, West Mersea. Jack Saye says that the conductor standing in front of the bus is ...
Date: Before July 1906
Image ID MMC_P755_078
100. White Hart, West Mersea. Lorry bus from The Mersea Engineering and Transport Co. Ltd [Primrose buses].
Image ID MMC_P755_083
101. The White Hart Hotel did not always look half timbered. It is difficult to date this photograph - Berry's bus LC7804 was in service with them 1906 to July 1922. ...
Date: Before July 1922
Image ID MMC_P755_084
102. Dog and Pheasant, East Mersea - a Cleghorn postcard.
Licensee C. Wopling. C. & W.R. Seabrooke's Fine Pale and Mild Ales and Porter.
Cart on the left ...
Image ID MMC_P755_107
103. East Road - the Fox in the distance and the old Fountain on the right, now Alpine Cottages. The Fountain licensee is Mary Anne Smith. Cleghorn postcard. Another ...
Date: Before September 1905
Image ID MMC_P755_144
104. A Berry bus LC7804 passing the Fountain, Queens Corner. Daniell & Sons, Fine Ales and Stout. Licensee Edith Smith. M.O. Smith has the shop on the ...
Date: Before July 1922
Image ID MMC_P755_152
105. Cleghorn, chemist in Barfield Road. Cutty with donkey and cart.
Used in "Isle of Mersea" by Brian Jay photo no.33
Image ID MMC_P755_155
106. Bus at Queens Corner. Clifford White sign on shop wall.
Image ID MMC_P854_C
107. Eastern National bus at West Mersea. Fleet No. 1294 MPU17 delivered in 1948.
Service No. 75 to West Mersea via Blackheath, Abberton. Photo by R.A Jenkinson, ...
Image ID MMC_P900_B
108. Spring Robert Wyncoll and his Penny Farthing. Writing on the back of the photograph dates it as 1888. Photograph by P. Damant, Mersea Rd., ...
Image ID MSY_SPR_003
109. A windy day by Bonner's Barn - the view through Pat's windscreen window. The bus in the ditch was bringing children from TLA back to Mersea. The lorry is ...
Date: 25 January 1990
Image ID PAT_004_001
110. Photo taken in Mell Road about 1890.
Captain Billy Redgewell owned smack Kingfisher CK 7.
The house Caprice was later named Mount House and ...
Image ID PBIB_RDG_001
111. School - West Mersea. Looking up Barfied Road with a Berry's bus in the distance. The 1899 school building is on the left.
Image ID PG1_999
112. Locomotives used for construction of Abberton Reservoir.
They were manufactured by John Fowler & Co (Leeds)
Ltd the model being the Fowler Resilient 4W ...
Image ID PH01_ESW_001
113. Diesel locomotives used for construction of Abberton Reservoir. They were manufactured by John Fowler & Co (Leeds) Ltd the model being the Fowler Resilient 4W ...
Image ID PH01_ESW_003
114. S.C. White & Co., Peldon shop. The delivery van is from Colne Confectionery, St Botolphs Street, Colchester. Registration NO2156 - NO registrations were issued ...
Date: After 1921
Image ID PH01_PWC_001
115. Peldon Shop J.E. Page. The delivery van is from A.J. Cornwell & Son, Confectioners, Colchester. NO2156.
Kelly's 1922 Directory lists J.E. Page as the shop ...
Image ID PH01_PWC_003
116. Leonard Dansie in three wheel car outside Peldon shop. Registration BB2171 ?
Image ID PH01_PWC_007
117. Motor cycle and motor cycle combination outside the shop in Peldon. Leonard Dansie on the left. Registration numbers HK7334 and HK4084. HK registrations were ...
Image ID PH01_PWC_009
118. Transit van at the Mersea Laundry which was on the corner of High Street North and Upland Road. Lionel and Brian Phillips both used to drive the van for the ...
Image ID PHS_OPA_013
119. A.G. Farthing & Son., Dairymen.
Image ID PHS_OPA_015
120. Fred G. Smith & Son. Bakers & Confectioners. West Mersea & Colchester.
Image ID PHS_OPA_049